Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkknight123
    • Feb 2017

So that is the dead end!??

I am 23 and balding. Please somebody answer me: there will be a cure for baldness in next 5-10 years? I am not following news lately and i hope someone could tell me cause i couldnt bear the idea of being complety bald before i get married. Thank you !
  • beetee
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by darkknight123
    I am 23 and balding. Please somebody answer me: there will be a cure for baldness in next 5-10 years? I am not following news lately and i hope someone could tell me cause i couldnt bear the idea of being complety bald before i get married. Thank you !
    I don't think anyone can give you an answer. There are several promising organizations working on things. But if anything will come of it, we just don't know yet. There's some studies we should be hearing results of in the next few years. All of us are really hoping for something too.

When you say you're balding, how advanced is it? A lot of younger people see some pretty minor HL as being more severe than it is (I know that was the case for me many years ago). And one thing I wish I knew 15 years ago is that things can advance pretty slowly, so just cause there's some small signs doesn't necessarily mean things are going to be severely advanced in the near future.

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

It baffles me that there's still not a cure for baldness even though SO f*cking many men suffer from it.
      That RU compound works, it was discovered more than 20 years ago and there's still very little research done on it. Why?
      I still see posts from 2011-2012 from people on here saying they're waiting for a cure. Now it's 2017 and still nothing.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
        • Nov 2016

There are two cures for baldness.

Transplants
        Finasteride

You just want a cheap way out.

Comment

• hanginginthewire
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by JeanlucBergman

Transplants
          Finasteride

That's a pretty bold statement. Lot of bald people walking around if baldness has been cured.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
            • Jan 2017

I've been hearing cure for baldness in 5 years for the past 15 years. Don't hold your breath because the cure will never come. Why? Because hair loss is a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

Just shave it.

Comment

• tylerbose
              • Mar 2016

no, i don't even think there will be a cure in the next 15 years.

we're on the same boat, balding is pretty much a death sentence for dating.
              unless you're a 6'3ft muscular guy with the perfect head shape your dating pool will be extremely limited (not to say inexistent).

have a good day

Comment

• darkknight123
                • Feb 2017

No sign of recedding hairline yet but i feel like its coming soon. My whole family have a full head of hair except my dad. He lost his hair at 34 35. So i think its gonna happen to me sooner or later. And i am so desperate knowing that they havent found anything yet. I am Asian, dont know how but people here seem to lose hair really quick, I mean Bump NW0 => NW6 in 1 or 2 years. I hope it wont happen to me

Comment

• Stevedawg18
                  • Jun 2016

I started losing my hair at 23 and haven't gone more than a month without getting laid since. It's not the death sentence people say. You can't let it stop you from doing things though.

Comment

• JeanlucBergman
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by hanginginthewire
                    That's a pretty bold statement. Lot of bald people walking around if baldness has been cured.

There is a significant risk with a hair transplant and also a small risk taking Propecia. However for 99% of people propecia and hair transplants will allow them to achieve a full head of hair. The issue is that most people do not have the income to go through transplants with a high quality doctor that could add up to $30000 over their life time.

To say finasteride/dutasteride and hair transplants are not "cures" is basically to just admit you're scared of sides and don't have the money for a transplant. NO rich man goes bald.

Comment

• darkknight123
                      • Feb 2017

So what about Histogen? Is there anything new? I am not good at English so i cant understand everything they said
                      Any other treatments seem promising?
                      Thank you!

Comment

• Rizaan
                        • Dec 2014

Transplants
                        Finasteride

Those are not cures. Neither of those will do anything for someone with a NW5/6/7, which a cure should. Not to mention propecia is more of a drug to prevent hairloss.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by JustShaveIt
                          I've been hearing cure for baldness in 5 years for the past 15 years. Don't hold your breath because the cure will never come. Why? Because hair loss is a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

Just shave it.
                          The problem with this statement is that hair loss is a multi-billion dollar a year industry based on expensive hair transplants that are a gamble and aren't a permanent solution, as well as two flawed products that don't really work much. Meaning the incentive to develop something that does reliably work is huge; whoever cracks it first gets the whole market. If one of the companies or universities currently researching this stuff hit on something significant then the makers of finasteride and minoxidil can't do dick about it.

Comment

• Vox
                            • Jan 2013

NO rich man goes bald.
                            You defy common sense and knowledge in such a blatant way, one would say that you are just trolling for fun.

Comment

• Vox
                              • Jan 2013

My whole family have a full head of hair except my dad. He lost his hair at 34 35. So i think its gonna happen to me sooner or later.
                              How is your grandfather from the side of your mother?

Comment

Working...