Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpbsucks
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jjo
    i'm goin through it too.. seems like a a couple months ago i was so happy with my progress. i've upped my dose again to see if it helps.. it helped me before

this sucks so bad
    Hey jjo, you ever find a way to stop the shedding man?

Comment

• jjo
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mpbsucks
      Hey jjo, you ever find a way to stop the shedding man?

Dut has saved my hair... I slowly changed from 2.5 mg fin / day to .5 dut.

I noticed a difference once I was on daily dose.. now I do 4 days on, 1 day off

I'm going through a little shed right now, at the 5 month mark but from my experience with fin, i'm sure i'll come out thicker and better than ever.

Comment

• mpbsucks
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jjo
        Dut has saved my hair... I slowly changed from 2.5 mg fin / day to .5 dut.

I noticed a difference once I was on daily dose.. now I do 4 days on, 1 day off

I'm going through a little shed right now, at the 5 month mark but from my experience with fin, i'm sure i'll come out thicker and better than ever.
        jjo, tlucky for you the switch to fin worked bro. Couple of questions as I am in need of some guidance. How long were you on fin before it stopped working and were you on 2.5 mg the whole time? Did you get scalp itch when you began to shed while on fin. Did you try a dose of dut that was not ED before it started to work? And lastly, how long after switching from fin to dut did it take for you to get results.

Fin worked great for me, but I only got seven months out of it man, so disappointing. It was so nice to not have to worry about hair loss during that time, thanks for responding

Comment

• jjo
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mpbsucks
          jjo, tlucky for you the switch to fin worked bro. Couple of questions as I am in need of some guidance. How long were you on fin before it stopped working and were you on 2.5 mg the whole time? Did you get scalp itch when you began to shed while on fin. Did you try a dose of dut that was not ED before it started to work? And lastly, how long after switching from fin to dut did it take for you to get results.

Fin worked great for me, but I only got seven months out of it man, so disappointing. It was so nice to not have to worry about hair loss during that time, thanks for responding

I was on fin like 15 years.. I had comments from people " hey your going bald" and " your getting a bald spot "

I started on .25mg/day and the end I was taking 2.5mg/day

The biggest thing I noticed was a tight scalp = hair loss

When I switched to dut, I took one pill / week for 3 weeks, then 2 pills per week for 3 weeks... etc etc. once I got up to every day, my scalp just loosened up.. I new it was working because it was just easier to style and hide. Over time it's thickening up and just looking at my hairline up close, I can see that it's become a normal scalp... not hard and shiny.

because I started dut over time, i'm not sure how long it's really been but I think I'm at 5.5 months.

I take 4 days on and one day off now... It's working great, i'd recommend it to anyone. Just take it slow. don't start every day.

check if your scalp is tight.. for me that's a big key

are you sure that your not just going through a fin shed???

Comment

• mpbsucks
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jjo
            I was on fin like 15 years.. I had comments from people " hey your going bald" and " your getting a bald spot "

I started on .25mg/day and the end I was taking 2.5mg/day

The biggest thing I noticed was a tight scalp = hair loss

When I switched to dut, I took one pill / week for 3 weeks, then 2 pills per week for 3 weeks... etc etc. once I got up to every day, my scalp just loosened up.. I new it was working because it was just easier to style and hide. Over time it's thickening up and just looking at my hairline up close, I can see that it's become a normal scalp... not hard and shiny.

because I started dut over time, i'm not sure how long it's really been but I think I'm at 5.5 months.

I take 4 days on and one day off now... It's working great, i'd recommend it to anyone. Just take it slow. don't start every day.

check if your scalp is tight.. for me that's a big key

are you sure that your not just going through a fin shed???
            Yeah man, I'm positive. The shed started after seven months of use and continued unabated until I quit at 13 months; thats a six month shed man. Furthermore, it was characterized by intenses burning and itching. Unfortunatley for some responders, it seems the body reacts poorly to lowered DHT (when tested, mine was only 8) and either compensates by increasing androgen receptors, making hair susceptible to testosterone, or increasing the inflammatory response. The crappy thing is was that fin worked wonders on me for the first seven months I used it. I tried switching to dut, that did not work for me either, thinking of trying spiro now

Oh yeah, when I switched to dutasteride I used it once EOD for five months, maybe not enought time to work. Can you give me your best guess as to exactly how long you took it before it started to work, thanks man

Comment

• gjnh99
              • Dec 2016

Hey Adam i had the same thinning pattern as you did when you first posted... has it gotten any better? Worse?

Comment

Working...