Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazybad
    • Oct 2016

Itsgrowingback,

how's your hair/scalp doing now? any updates? I remember I was worried about shedding before starting Propecia and rogaine. Now I'm worried about shedding and not regaining it back for the PRP treatments.

Comment

• crazybad
      • Oct 2016

updates?

Itsgrowingback,

how's your hair/scalp doing now? any updates? I remember I was worried about shedding before starting Propecia and rogaine. Now I'm worried about shedding and not regaining it back for the PRP treatments.

Comment

• 18bald
        • Apr 2016

I want to ask how has your hair been now? Is it better? Has your hairloss stopped? im 19 now and im thinning on my temples, specifically on my left temple, do you think the treatment will be able to help me? Thanks

Comment

• wen4663
          • Sep 2016

I have appt with Prasad soon to do the PRP. He seems knowledgeable, but I'm still skeptical...it sounds too good. He did give me 2 referrals which were legitimate and positive results. DOES ANYONE HAVE RESULTS AFTER 6-9 MONTHS? PRASAD CLAIMS YOU NEED TO GIVE THIS AT LEAST 7-9 MONTHS TO SHOW RESULTS. He gave me a whole scientific reasoning about why it takes this much time to see any results.

Comment

• k9gatton
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by wen4663
            I have appt with Prasad soon to do the PRP. He seems knowledgeable, but I'm still skeptical...it sounds too good. He did give me 2 referrals which were legitimate and positive results. DOES ANYONE HAVE RESULTS AFTER 6-9 MONTHS? PRASAD CLAIMS YOU NEED TO GIVE THIS AT LEAST 7-9 MONTHS TO SHOW RESULTS. He gave me a whole scientific reasoning about why it takes this much time to see any results.
            Glad to see you are trying this. I'm going to try it two. I'm between a Norwood three and four, mostly hairline. But I'm hoping for a hairline recovery.

Problem is, the results I've seen don't look very promising. Usually in colder climates hair doesn't do as well, generally speaking (at least for hair regrowth).

Comment

• Louish
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by k9gatton
              Glad to see you are trying this. I'm going to try it two. I'm between a Norwood three and four, mostly hairline. But I'm hoping for a hairline recovery.

Problem is, the results I've seen don't look very promising. Usually in colder climates hair doesn't do as well, generally speaking (at least for hair regrowth).
              You will waste your money, just get a good HT with a top surgeon....

Comment

• wen4663
                • Sep 2016

FearTheLoss: Do you feel the PRP worked at all at this point in time? Do you feel it was a scam? Is Dr Greco a scam?

Comment

• MG63
                  • Jan 2010

Per PRP. I've found that it has helped me to slow down my hair loss and reverse in some areas. Specifically in crown and in center behind the hair line. Given the science and broad clinical studies I prefer over procedures and topicals.

A bit of background - I'm in my mid-50's, Norwood 2, not on propecia or any other topical for growth. Hormones are in balance.

Per Dr. Greco -- his process for preparing Growth Factors removes the pro-inflamatory cytokines, which caused me shedding and pain in other procedures.

As with all treatments - there is no miracle cure. As a health care professional, I've found lifestyle and epigenetics are the contributor to how and why hair loss occurs in men and women.

Comment

• k9gatton
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by MG63
                    Per PRP. I've found that it has helped me to slow down my hair loss and reverse in some areas. Specifically in crown and in center behind the hair line. Given the science and broad clinical studies I prefer over procedures and topicals.

A bit of background - I'm in my mid-50's, Norwood 2, not on propecia or any other topical for growth. Hormones are in balance.

Per Dr. Greco -- his process for preparing Growth Factors removes the pro-inflamatory cytokines, which caused me shedding and pain in other procedures.

As with all treatments - there is no miracle cure. As a health care professional, I've found lifestyle and epigenetics are the contributor to how and why hair loss occurs in men and women.

You're in your fifties, and only a Norwood 2?? This was after treatment, I take it? That's actually a good place to be.

Your baldness wasn't aggressive, I take it. What Norwood were you at. Or are you trying to go down to a Norwood one?

Thought the regrowth density wasn't always that good, depending on how diffuse/many terminal hairs were already there before the transplant. Is that not the case?

Comment

• k9gatton
                      • Oct 2016

Could I see scalp pictures, before and after?

Would really appreciate that.

Also, is this your hairline or vertex?

Comment

• Hicks
                        • Apr 2013

I got an email from greco about a new protocol. Restore-it. Anyone know anything about this?

It's in his blog on his website.

Comment

• k9gatton
                          • Oct 2016

The doctor that might do mine costs 500.00.

It would be nice to see pictures. That keeps this objective.
                          Also pictures are much better than words, before and after.

Please keep in mind, if the PRP doesn't work, that's not a personal
                          failure on our part. Everybody is different. But it could effect the outcome
                          for someone just learning about this. This isn't new to me, but I'm currently
                          on the fence.

I always try to show lots of pictures in my posts. And if people disagree
                          with my topical solution, it's not a reflection of who I am. They're
                          entitled to their own opinion, and to disagree. (See my Progesterone
                          thread).

Comment

• purplelotus
                            • Dec 2016

Anyone have any more PRP experiences to share or advice on a legit doc to go to? I'm considering it, but getting cold feet.

I called around and am hearing positive things, but doesn't seem to be much to back up the claims. Greco's office says 85% of patients see improvement, Wesley said 88%, Cole's office said 100%. If these numbers are real why aren't there studies and data to back them up and why aren't more people taking about their successes on forums like this. Was thinking Greco was the guy to go to but found out his 85% is based on comparing before and after photos- which to me seems super subjective. If you did the number of treatments Greco claims (4,000) why wouldn't have a more objective way to measure and document results. Greco also claimed no one was worse off, but from the forums some patients did think they were worse from the treatment

FearTheLoss: I'm also curious what your final assessment of PRP was and particularly of Greco.

Anyway if anyone has tried PRP or consulted with these or other docs I'd like to hear what you thought and in general what folks think about these high claims of improvement.

Comment

• Cookieboy
                              • Dec 2016

What (if any) of some of the negative side effects of PRP?

Comment

• Vic
                                • Apr 2014

At this point it's been well established that the only thing PRP improves is the Doctors bank account. Ask the doctors that say their patients have imporovement to send you photos of the improvement. I've heard more people losing hair than gaining from PRP but if you all want to throw away some money I'm sure the docs take it.

Comment

Working...