Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minoxiDjunkie
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Jazz1
    Hey long time bro, I really do not know how she compounds her formula, I mean you could phone her .

Any pictures of your hair?
    nope, dont have pictures (im actually trying to be descrete thats why i never posted pics.. dont have a facebook page too )
    in short my hair is not really good...
    nw3 hairline with diffused top, i wear it a bit long so im able to hide it a little bit, but it is noticable.

anyway im going to add oral spiro soon... i dropped off the idea of topical..
    oral seems better to me..
    im gonna give it a try for at least a year from the time that i'd take 100mg a day (i plan to start with 25, and very very slowly increasing the dose up to 100).
    im gonna get 3 months worth of tamoxifen as well, just in case of anything...

Comment

• JohnMPB
      • Nov 2009

Hey yes I have him taking pictures, I will messsage him tommorow to get some updated pictures. How you been? How's the hair.
      Sorry to keep pestering but did you get the pics?

I'm shedding and scalp is inflamed. They seem to go hand in hand for me.

Comment

• JohnMPB
        • Nov 2009

I think I'm losing ground. I have massive inflammation and that is never a good sign. I use big 3 plus tricomin daily. Thanks jazz, looking forward to the pics.

What do you recommend I add since I been on fin for 10 years? Tried dut a few times buy feel like I lost ground.

Comment

• JohnMPB
          • Nov 2009

DUT never worked? You considered adding RU58841 or even CB-03-01? This is very easy to mix as most people purchase from Kane, stemoxydine is used to mix RU58841, works effectively for the people who have failed years later on FIN/DUT.

I know a member on the other forums who is now using CB and has maintained his hair, he lost ground on FIN/DUT. This guy has been battling hairloss for 20 years and has managed to maintain his hair via the use of RU58841 and now CB-03-01.
          Seemed like my hairline took a hit on dut. I bought premixed ru from Kane but I just don't trust these obscure Chinese chemicals.

Any update on the pics?

Comment

• JohnMPB
            • Nov 2009

DUT never worked? You considered adding RU58841 or even CB-03-01? This is very easy to mix as most people purchase from Kane, stemoxydine is used to mix RU58841, works effectively for the people who have failed years later on FIN/DUT.

I know a member on the other forums who is now using CB and has maintained his hair, he lost ground on FIN/DUT. This guy has been battling hairloss for 20 years and has managed to maintain his hair via the use of RU58841 and now CB-03-01.
            Seemed like my hairline took a hit on dut. I bought premixed ru from Kane but I just don't trust these obscure Chinese chemicals.

Any update on the pics?

Comment

• jamesst11
              • Jun 2014

I am starting to think, at least in my personal case and from others i've heard from, that high percentage minox may be a bad idea. I don't know if it's the retinol, azeliac acid, or what not... but damn did I have a weird reaction to that stuff. I am not trying to scare anyone, rather depict my situation. My resting heart rate, at night was like 85-90. it's normally 50. I have been off it for just a week, and it has dropped back down to normal levels. Also, the shedding was out of control!! I am done with both higher percentage and specially compounded minoxidil. 5% with dermarolling is the way to go.

Comment

• cardib
                • Jan 2016

why do you say 5 % with derma rolling is the way to go? did you get regrowth and thickening? can you further expand
                Originally posted by jamesst11
                I am starting to think, at least in my personal case and from others i've heard from, that high percentage minox may be a bad idea. I don't know if it's the retinol, azeliac acid, or what not... but damn did I have a weird reaction to that stuff. I am not trying to scare anyone, rather depict my situation. My resting heart rate, at night was like 85-90. it's normally 50. I have been off it for just a week, and it has dropped back down to normal levels. Also, the shedding was out of control!! I am done with both higher percentage and specially compounded minoxidil. 5% with dermarolling is the way to go.

Comment

• cardib
                  • Jan 2016

i agree with James. I have used 12% and 15% minox from Murray Ave Pharmacy since March 2014, and in my opinion a higher strength minoxidil does not make a difference. I will not longer be continuing the higher strength after the bottle is over over as its quite expensive, and thee was really no results from it.

I use to be a stellar responder to 5% minox back in 2009-2012, but as I got older I found that the minox was losing effect as I assume the DHT levels in my scalp rose with age. Despite going on Fin, and using 5%, and up to 15% min, I was never able to get the great regrowth i saw originally on fin. I thought the higher percent minox would do the trick, but after 5% i do not think it is dose dependent. and all the other additives such as AA, progesterone are just a waste of time in my opinion as well.

so my advice to those who are considering using Murray ave or Susans formula, if your new to minox try a generic 5% first, and if you dont respond to that, then its kind of a dead end. and if your already on min with no results, then its kind of dead end there. maybe looks into experimental, but i wouldn't suggest trying a higher percent fin as i have.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                    • Nov 2009

Hey Kane is legit, I would personally mix RU/CB with stemoxydine. He has sent me some pictures, I will post next couple of days as I need to go through past pictures on my phone.

Also I have been doing some research and I have something cheap and effective for regrowth. Keep track of a new thread i will be creating to test my new method on my cousins friend.
                    Looking forward to the pics

What ever happened to mark? He used to sing praises for all kinds of treatments like ru and proxiphen then he just disappeared.

Comment

• Transam
                      • Jun 2016

Hey in regards to 15% everyone reacts different, I starts with 5%. In regards to Derma rolling keep track of a new thread I'll be creating you will be very interested in regards to regrowth on my method
                      Hi Jazz, I'm new to this site, but not hairloss forums in general. I noticed how you have experience with different types of Minox...What's your opinion on 'Polaris Labs'? I've heard great things about the brand. I just got my hands on NR10. I'd love to use it, but I don't want to waste my time with Snake Oil.
                      My 5% Rogaine Foam isn't working like it used to, when I first tried it back in 2011. I took a long break from it, & DHT absolutely killed my follicles.
                      Now I'm on DUT, FIN & Estradiol. Hopefully NR10 with 16% Minox can be the icing on the cake....Sorry to ramble lol

Comment

• Transam
                        • Jun 2016

Hey in regards to 15% everyone reacts different, I starts with 5%. In regards to Derma rolling keep track of a new thread I'll be creating you will be very interested in regards to regrowth on my method
                        double post. sorry

Comment

• JohnMPB
                          • Nov 2009

Still holding my breath waiting for pics...

Comment

• Eire1980
                            • Dec 2013

Hey John I wish the people I have helped and used her lotions ould post their pictures. Shame as their are a few guys on this thread that don't wish to post!
                            HI Jazz,

thanks for your continued activity on this thread and site in general.
                            I am using Susan's lotions but to be honest I see not improvement, actually more thinning of the crown and temples.

I just bought a dera roller yesterday and going to try that with minox.
                            good to hear you are having success.
                            any advice on this please?

Comment

• k9gatton
                              • Oct 2016

Just wanted to say I am currently taking thirty percent Minoxidil, mixed with topical Finasteride and Progesterone. Never tried Promax, but I might some day in the future.

Comment

• k9gatton
                                • Oct 2016

Wow, how you finding it? What did you use prior to 30% as that's a big step. Any results or headache etc? Be carefull not to derma roll and apply that straight after!

The price is 49.99, for a six month prescription. For the thirty percent, it's 99.00 per month (60 ml tube). If they approve you, you are charged 49.99.

Susan Mernstein makes it. And she used to make medications for the late Dr. Klein. (The only place you can get it at is Murray Avenue Alcotherapy, located in Pittsburgh PA, US. She owns Murray Avenue Alcotherapy.

The Progesterone is doing the most work though. Highly recommend it. The thirty percent is growing my hair really fast, which is what I want at this point in my life. As for my own experience, that is when my hair started to grow back. And I'm not a young guy.

Comment

Working...