Should I be concerned with this strip suture line ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pusheject
    • Jul 2016

Should I be concerned with this strip suture line ?

Hi guys , first time poster.

Had a strip surgery done about ten weeks ago. I am starting to see some nice growth starting on the top but suture line does not seem to have improved at all. The only way I have been sort of able to camouflage it is by letting my hear grow longish in the back.

Today I was feeling a little brave and asked my barber for a number four guard in the back. When I saw how the back looked after the haircut I had a mini freakout.

My doctor is a dermalogical surgeon who specializes in hair transplants. He came highly recommended and seems to have al the credentials.

I called his office today to ask if what I was seeing was normal and the nurse assured me that it was. She explained to me that the suture line area takes at least 3 months until the hair starts to grow back.

What is weird is when I go on youtube to check on other HT results the back suture area looks completely fine after one month in some cases on some individuals.

I am really starting to feel insecure about this smiley face on the back of my head.

I have included a picture.

Thank you all.
    Attached Files
  • JoeTillman
    • Jul 2014

Don't throw in the towel on this. I always tell patients that any shock loss, which is what you may be experiencing, doesn't start to recover till three months but it can take up to five or even six to see a full recovery. Be patient and try not to think about it too much. Odds are it will get better.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...