Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

New Treatment Pipeline update?

Can someone give an overview of where we are with all the companies working on a hair loss treatment currently?

Sorry I have been away from the forum for a long time as I've been using CB and it's been working well for me.
  • jjo
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    Can someone give an overview of where we are with all the companies working on a hair loss treatment currently?

Sorry I have been away from the forum for a long time as I've been using CB and it's been working well for me.

Sure, 5-10 years for cure

Comment

• kuba197
      • Jan 2016

CB in 2021 XD

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

I'll give you a real answer.

Follica has a presentation on friday on a product they hopefully expect to release in 2018 relating to PGD2 and Wounding. They mentioned this product all the way back in 2014, was very secretive about it.

CB will have an update sometime this year on their next phase.

SM will likely be starting their next phase of trials this year, not sure whether that means Phase IIb or Phase III, likely find out in the next month or two.

Bimatoprost is also going through a Phase IIb again and will have an update this year.

Overall it's dry for news at the moment, but it always picks up by the summer, in the short term we have Follica's presentation to look forward to in a few days!

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rdawg

Follica has a presentation on friday on a product they hopefully expect to release in 2018 relating to PGD2 and Wounding. They mentioned this product all the way back in 2014, was very secretive about it.

SM will likely be starting their next phase of trials this year, not sure whether that means Phase IIb or Phase III, likely find out in the next month or two.

Bimatoprost is also going through a Phase IIb again and will have an update this year.

Overall it's dry for news at the moment, but it always picks up by the summer, in the short term we have Follica's presentation to look forward to in a few days!
          u know what will happen? one day humankind wakes up with the cure. will be all over the press. honestly none of the above will be the ultimate solution. they are not cutting edge rather more like thinning edge solutions. question is will we ever see that day coming? I dont want to comment on it, because no one knows...
          i ve came to an acceptance with my hairloss. i just want this damn disease to be gone forever regardless i am 80 or 90. its total disgrace to humankind...

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by dutchguyhanging
            u know what will happen? one day humankind wakes up with the cure. will be all over the press. honestly none of the above will be the ultimate solution. they are not cutting edge rather more like thinning edge solutions. question is will we ever see that day coming? I dont want to comment on it, because no one knows...
            i ve came to an acceptance with my hairloss. i just want this damn disease to be gone forever regardless i am 80 or 90. its total disgrace to humankind...
            No but they are effective solutions. SM and Bimatoprost have shown an actual positive growth(albeit in small amounts in small timeframes) which was unheard of a few years ago beyond Minoxidil.

Follica's product is also very promising and has good science behind it.

We may not get the cure for a little while, but legitimate products that will maintain and cause minor-medium growth are on the horizon.

It is a patient process though, don't obsess over this stuff, I've been here since 2012, the outlook is far far more positive than it used to be, as in not a single company showed hairgrowth or anything in their results in the first couple years I was on the forum, it was all just hope and theories. Around 2015 that really changed though, and alot of companies are starting to push forward, The industry has grown, but at a snail pace.

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
              • Mar 2015

No but they are effective solutions. SM and Bimatoprost have shown an actual positive growth(albeit in small amounts in small timeframes) which was unheard of a few years ago beyond Minoxidil.

We may not get the cure for a little while, but legitimate products that will maintain and cause minor-medium growth are on the horizon.

It is a patient process though, don't obsess over this stuff, I've been here since 2012, the outlook is far far more positive than it used to be, as in not a single company showed hairgrowth or anything in their results in the first couple years I was on the forum, it was all just hope and theories. Around 2015 that really changed though, and alot of companies are starting to push forward, The industry has grown, but at a snail pace.
              sorry man but i have to be very honest. i hate people like you.. because its BS.. I remember this news like yesterday... pls do not say any positive nor negative stuff on cutting edge section. because it is not true and will never be...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service, archive, history, media

Comment

• User3
                • Mar 2016

Replicel has plans to launch the cure in 2018.
                I suppose they will be the first.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

I agree things are definitely more positive than 2012. Thanks for the legit update rdawg.

I have been using CB at 5% that I got on the private forum. From my results, I can assure you it's going to the best AA on the market and no sides. I had horrible sides with every other AA including RU.

Is the follica presentation going to be made public?

Also what happened to histogen and replicel? and what is the deal with JAK inhibitors?

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                    • Aug 2015

Histogen deserves a shout. They've put pictures up of regrowth that are questionable because of the different angles they're shot from but cannot be accounted for by lighting or camera angle. So it's either genuine regrowth or they've added fake hair for their pictures - in which case, the use of weird camera angles doesn't add up. What's more they've stated a release date.

I wasn't aware of a Follica release date of 2018, but that's three companies now, them, Replicel and Histogen all saying 2018. They seem to have lit a fire underneath each other.

Comment

• burtandernie
                      • Nov 2012

Long story short start/keep taking your fin/CB because its going to be a loong wait possibly before anything better shows up. It advances at a snails pace is definitely right just the amount of time to go through the approval process is really a decade no exaggeration. You know something is wrong when CB is going to take 6 years to get approved as topical AA. There are no AAs or research on AAs relevant to safety at all applicable to CB 25 years after propecia? yikes

Comment

• TravisB
                        • May 2012

Where is this presentation?

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TravisB
                          Where is this presentation?
                          Not sure, it occured this past Friday but I haven't found anything!

Comment

• kuba197
                            • Jan 2016

Not forget about brotzu lotion. He sold his patent to FIDIA. It works 100% for alopecia areata(he gave pictures) and he is fairly confident that it stops hair loss in male pattern baldness. And no sides.

Comment

Working...