X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick47
    • Apr 2016

23 and badly receding

Hey guys
    I've just turned 23 and for a few years now my hairlines just been receding more and more and I've tried looking into a treatment, can't afford any of them and don't want to go to a hair treatment clinic as I've read they rip you off for the same medication you can buy yourself?
    I've read so many different types of medication and shampoos and foams, I'm just so lost and confused!
    What on earth am I supposed to buy/do to stop or even regain my hairline. Even just to prevent it receding or slow it down...I've read so many different things 😭 posting a pic of hairline so people can see.
    Thanks guys,
    Nick
    Attached Files
  • WHTC Clinic
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Oct 2013

If you want to keep your hair quality, consider PRP, vitamins, and get a free consultation (In-person and online) so that you can have your hair density measured. Lastly, maintain a nutritional and well-balanced diet
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• JohnMPB
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by WHTC Clinic
      If you want to keep your hair quality, consider PRP, vitamins, and get a free consultation (In-person and online) so that you can have your hair density measured. Lastly, maintain a nutritional and well-balanced diet
      Wtf worst advice ever...I would expect better from a ht clinic.

OP, confirm with a doctor or derm you have male patterned baldness (from your pics it looks like you have recession) and look into FDA approved treatments (Finasteride, minoxidil). Many here use the "big 3" do a search on this forum to learn more about it. Disregard the info from the above poster, if your have mpb vitamins and diet ain't gonna help much. PRP is a huuuuge and costly question mark. Good luck

Comment

• Sean
        • Jan 2011

Looks like recession, but it is good to see a doc that specializes in hair. See if you can have a miniturization test. Be careful even with meds, they may work for some but some folks can go through sheds. There are side effects to these things and weigh the pros and cons, but definitely speak with a doc. No shampoo can really grow hair, but some may thicken the look of it due to fillers or whatever ingredients. Vitamins may not do much but if you have any recession due to certain vitamin deficiencies, then it may assist.

How do you normally style your hair?

Comment

• tedwuji
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by JohnMPB

OP, confirm with a doctor or derm you have male patterned baldness (from your pics it looks like you have recession) and look into FDA approved treatments (Finasteride, minoxidil). Many here use the "big 3" do a search on this forum to learn more about it. Disregard the info from the above poster, if your have mpb vitamins and diet ain't gonna help much. PRP is a huuuuge and costly question mark. Good luck
          Nailed it.

Comment

• tedwuji
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Nick47
            Hey guys
            I've just turned 23 and for a few years now my hairlines just been receding more and more and I've tried looking into a treatment, can't afford any of them and don't want to go to a hair treatment clinic as I've read they rip you off for the same medication you can buy yourself?
            I've read so many different types of medication and shampoos and foams, I'm just so lost and confused!
            What on earth am I supposed to buy/do to stop or even regain my hairline. Even just to prevent it receding or slow it down...I've read so many different things �� posting a pic of hairline so people can see.
            Thanks guys,
            Nick
            Check my thread for things I've done. Finasteride was a slamdunk for me.

Comment

• Johny41
              • Dec 2014

Hi Nick,
              It looks like receding hairline.
              The most common way of treatment is the use of Finasteride tablets. You are right, propecia is expensive, but there are way to reduce the price. Opt for generics. Generic finasteride is much more cheaper than the brand. Many men also buy finasteride 5 mg and split it in 4 doses that will be 1.25 mg. Hope it helps.

Comment

• tedwuji
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Johny41
                Hi Nick,
                It looks like receding hairline.
                The most common way of treatment is the use of Finasteride tablets. You are right, propecia is expensive, but there are way to reduce the price. Opt for generics. Generic finasteride is much more cheaper than the brand. Many men also buy finasteride 5 mg and split it in 4 doses that will be 1.25 mg. Hope it helps.
                Generic Proscar 5mg pills are $9 for 30 pills to quarter (30x4= 120 doses).
                That is a 1 year supply for about 27 dollars at Walmart Pharmacy in USA.

$27/12months = $2.25/month Expensive? Really?

*Good idea to check you are getting the generic from the same company each time assuming its working well. And I would stay away from online pharmacies.

Comment

• Johny41
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by tedwuji
                  Generic Proscar 5mg pills are $9 for 30 pills to quarter (30x4= 120 doses).
                  That is a 1 year supply for about 27 dollars at Walmart Pharmacy in USA.

$27/12months = $2.25/month Expensive? Really?

*Good idea to check you are getting the generic from the same company each time assuming its working well. And I would stay away from online pharmacies.
                  I meant that brand Propecia is expensive. Generics are much more cheaper and your example shows it very clearly.

Comment

• tedwuji
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Johny41
                    I meant that brand Propecia is expensive. Generics are much more cheaper and your example shows it very clearly.
                    I understand. Good show.

Comment

• pajason
                      • Apr 2016

no issue seeing a derm or a dr but PRP would be way down the list of treatments. It totally unproven. My advice would be start propecia take some pictures of your hair wet in a well lit room. Take propecia for 9 to 12 months then take some more pics in the same lighting. Look at pics and see if there is any change(no change is good) Then you can decide based on if you got worse, stabilized or regrew hair if you want to continue propecia, stop or add something else like minoxidil.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                        • Apr 2015

So your advice is better?
                        FDA approved docent mean anything, and their so called purpose is actually to protect the US citizens from dangerous drugs, or have i missed something?

Seems like a drug abusing crisis in the US, and it seems that there is pill for everything nowadays.

And for once a clinic is actually recommending a dietary option that worked for me, but itīs never going to proven due to non profits.
                        So maybe you should wake up to reality instead, and why the FDA puppeteers are approving every possible drug that kills more people than car crashes.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Herbaliser
                          So your advice is better?
                          FDA approved docent mean anything, and their so called purpose is actually to protect the US citizens from dangerous drugs, or have i missed something?

Seems like a drug abusing crisis in the US, and it seems that there is pill for everything nowadays.

And for once a clinic is actually recommending a dietary option that worked for me, but itīs never going to proven due to non profits.
                          So maybe you should wake up to reality instead, and why the FDA puppeteers are approving every possible drug that kills more people than car crashes.
                          http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...es-or-firearms
                          Hey OP, please excuse our friend herby here. I think he may have a secret fetish where he gets off of thinking of guys rubbing green juice all over their scalp (believe it or not that's his "solution" to hair loss).

Like I said look into the big 3 and decide what is good for u. Good luck.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                            • Apr 2015

Hey OP, please excuse our friend herby here. I think he may have a secret fetish where he gets off of thinking of guys rubbing green juice all over their scalp (believe it or not that's his "solution" to hair loss).

Like I said look into the big 3 and decide what is good for u. Good luck.
                            Your mature answer made me realize, how easy it is for the drug companies.
                            Iīm amazed that prescription drugs are even commercialized in US, and how they actually managed to make it possible $
                            But then again they spend more money marketing their drugs, than actually following up itīs effectiveness.

Ask your doctor, if the above confuses you.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                              • Apr 2015

So many specialized hair surgeons here, and i would appreciate some feedback.
                              If any you should have the knowledge, whats happening with the drug abuse in the US, and how is it possible that FDA is approving this?

Comment

Working...