Clear All
  • ChemicalBrother
    • Jan 2014

it's all in swedish tho ...

Comment

• Jajaja
      • Nov 2013

BUMP.
      I think that they have had a couple of "good" news lately and haven't seen any posts about this.

They were noted in the stock market this november and have had a few pretty good news since that.(toxic studies went well,
      They have done some studies that finnished and they are aiming to do the human trials this year. In a couple of days they are going to have a meeting with some kind of european medecin agency.
      They are also trying to get partners(licensing) to make this happen asap.

I think that the website is better updated atm but i'm not sure.
      We have developed a derma cosmetic product, FOL005, for boosting hair and supporting healthy hair growth. Our objective is to launch it in the US, as the

also here is one of their presentation, in swedish.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIOfFx6DVo preclinical results: 12.44 - I'm not the right person to translate/summarize it though.

atm it seems that they are able to block the hairgrowth on human, but in mice it's the other way around(If i'm not wrong,they did regrow a whole back of a mouse with just a couple of injections/week) and they think that it's possible to make that on humans aswell.

Comment

• Alias123
        • Jan 2013

im swedish and understood everything, this is not something feasible dont get your hopes up its nothing i would focus on.

Comment

• Rog
          • Feb 2014

Looking at the "History" section of the Follicum website http://www.follicum.se/?page_id=21, this is another collaboration project with Prof. Ralf Paus. So it has some credibility.

Comment

• Illusion
            • Jul 2014

I have heard some ridiculous names for hair loss products but follicum tops them all.

Comment

• Lionsmane
              • Oct 2015

News

Some very interesting updates!

Follicum will participate in the Life Science Day 2015 in Paris on 20 October where it will present its preclinical results for investors.
              Check this out:
              "Follicum develops pharmaceuticals from manipulated endogenous peptides that directly affect the way hair follicles work. Preclinical efficacy studies show:
              - Effective inhibition of hair growth on living human skin tissue
              - The drug candidate stimulated hair growth much faster and produced hair growth over a much larger area than minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine® (in-vivo)
              - No negative toxicological effects have been shown
              As these peptides are found in the human body we believe they will result in safe, efficacious treatments
              Potential to be first-in-class and first-in-category pharmaceuticals"

Host in-person, virtual, and hybrid networking events and communities with ease. Let your participants connect with the help of an AI recommender.

According to their website, they will also participate at the World Congress For Hair Research in Miami later this year.

Comment

• Arieux
                • Jun 2015

Thanks Lionsmane for this info. I saw also, that during the congress they will be presenting results of their trial:
                The German research group which has generated important parts of Follicum’s research data on human skin will present their results both as a poster and in an oral presentation at the World Congress for Hair Research. The congress takes place in Miami in Florida, USA, on 18-21 November 2015.

Comment

• Hemo
                  • Apr 2015

I don't get it - if they legitimately had better results than minox, why not release pics before the congress to build hype?

Comment

• JosephFT
                    • Aug 2015

There are no pictures available of the initial results vs. minox. That research was done at a 3rd party research lab in India. Also, those results were from mice.

I don't see any need for Follicum to build hype. They're going the pharmaceutical drug route which involves clinical trials and takes a few years. The results will speak for themselves. I've taken a close look at what they're up to, to me they're the real deal.
                    Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016, 04:08 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                      • Aug 2015

More planned trials are always good news but... results on mice are worthless, no reason for optimism.

Comment

• jpar
                        • Jul 2015

FOLLICUM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIOfFx6DVo

Can someone translate this?

Comment

• jpar
                          • Jul 2015

follicum translation

FOLLICUM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIOfFx6DVo

Can someone translate this?

Comment

• Superuser
                            • Sep 2015

Nothing new really, he says that their candidate FOL-005 can both inhibit and stimulate hairgrowth. FOL-005 has shown to be more effective than Minoxidil at stimulate hairgrowth in mice. You can read all of this at Follicums homepage.
                            Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• JosephFT
                              • Aug 2015

I think studies on mice are quite useful. Actually, the top scientists around the world decidedly choose mice as their best known model for doing hair growth research. These are people who are sometimes involved in 10+ years of clinical research.
                              Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016, 04:07 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Comment

• Swooping
                                • May 2014

Originally posted by JosephFT
                                I think studies on mice are quite useful. Actually, the top scientists around the world decidedly choose mice as their best known model for doing hair growth research. These are people who are sometimes involved in 10+ years of clinical research.
                                It's a shit model for AGA actually. But hey what other model can they choose from? Jup, none. So they need to go with mice because they have no other choice.
                                Last edited by Winston; 01-19-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...