lets vote who thinks replicel will be available in 2018 and why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcarpenter089
    • Mar 2015

lets vote who thinks replicel will be available in 2018 and why?

Give me reasons why it will, or will not be available
  • allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
    • Aug 2015

I expect delays, as always.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Delays are almost guaranteed... I want to know the REAL reason why they keep delaying things. Dont they have the protocol figured out?

Comment

• barfacan
        • Feb 2015

5 years, maybe.

Comment

• BoSox
          • Jun 2010

Shieseido said they will have it on the market by 2018. They are big, and well respected from what I've heard. They wouldn't make this claim unless it was true.

Hopefully sooner, but 2018 max.

Comment

• nameless
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BoSox
            Shieseido said they will have it on the market by 2018. They are big, and well respected from what I've heard. They wouldn't make this claim unless it was true.

Hopefully sooner, but 2018 max.
            +1.

This is what I think too.

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

100% i think one new product will be on the market by 2018.

only reason i say that is since joining this forum in 2011, the discoveries, announcements, science, products etc. are just growing every single year

it's actually crazy how many at least theoretically promising treatments are in phase II right now, not just the forever dead Aderans or histogen anymore, so much more in trials right now!

Replicel has interesting science, as does SM, CB, BIM, SETI etc. somethings gotta give!

Comment

• champpy
                • Apr 2015

I think bim is dead,(read several scientists say bim cannot grow hair on slick bald spots). seti we will hear reports soon enough, cb wont be around for 5-6 more yrs and will be outdated by then, but sm....this has me a little excited.
                Sm will have some presence at tbe hair conference. Tbats good news. They recruited high norwoods and are doing biopsies following phase 2s completion, and they could be potentially be out in a little over a year! All thats up in the air is if this compound can regrow hair or just halt hairloss. Either way id be amazed. I want to trial this now

As far as replicel, yeah if they would stick to a timeline then 2018 is feasable. I only hope the reason they are having delays is because they are improving the product as the move along. I can accept that 100%

Comment

• sagat
                  • Jul 2015

More than likely it will produce sub-par results. Just my baseless intuition.

Comment

• Arieux
                    • Jun 2015

I think that Replicel will be in Japan in 2018 only if Shiseido start clinical trial this year as expected. If not, I will loose my hope in that treatment.

If Replicel comes out in 2018 and will be able to halt completely progression of hair loss, CB in 2021 will be a joke.

Along with Replicel I have my biggest hope in SM. However, I didn't see their presentation on the hair congress. But they may present results of their phase 2 for exemple on the poster presentation. Actual hair congress program shows that there will be a poster presentation during ,,coffee break sponsored by Samumed''. It would be typical for that company to just show some effects without a spectacular talk.

Comment

• chongmet
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Arieux
                      I think that Replicel will be in Japan in 2018 only if Shiseido start clinical trial this year as expected. If not, I will loose my hope in that treatment.

If Replicel comes out in 2018 and will be able to halt completely progression of hair loss, CB in 2021 will be a joke.

Along with Replicel I have my biggest hope in SM. However, I didn't see their presentation on the hair congress. But they may present results of their phase 2 for exemple on the poster presentation. Actual hair congress program shows that there will be a poster presentation during ,,coffee break sponsored by Samumed''. It would be typical for that company to just show some effects without a spectacular talk.
                      I have read the document of the phase 2 clinical trial of SM04554. However, apart from the fact it is a topical solution, I didn't really realize what the science behind it is. Can you provide some info if you know?
                      I have also noticed that phase 2 is scheduled to end by October (next month). Do we know when (if at all) phase 3 will start AND end? and how long does it take a clinical trial that succeeds phase 3 to come out to the market?

Comment

• champpy
                        • Apr 2015

We have speculated before...if they move forward to phase 3 asap then it would likely be late 2016 early 2017, at the earliest.

But as weve seen w bim, piloscopy, replicel, there are always delays so dont get your hopes too high for a quick public release.

Comment

• champpy
                          • Apr 2015

Bim scalps phase 2 ended back in december i believe, and they never released any info on that study.

I just pray that doesnt happen w SM.
                          Personally i just want to know it works, it would make the waiting tolerable

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by champpy
                            Bim scalps phase 2 ended back in december i believe, and they never released any info on that study.

I just pray that doesnt happen w SM.
                            Personally i just want to know it works, it would make the waiting tolerable
                            They released a presentation recently(july) on drugs they are moving forward with and BIM for hairloss was listed as one of them, wait until the November release to see if it's dead or not.

It may not work on slick bald heads(It will be hard to make a drug that does) but as a better version of Minoxidil that provides increased thickening would be a huge step forward.

Comment

• champpy
                              • Apr 2015

It would be huge rdawg. But i dont agree that just because it was in that presentation it means its moving forward. It could be on hold for years. We dont know. They showed like 70 products that were "moving forward" but i highly doubt 70 of their products will reach market. Some will def not make it. Bim could easily be one of them.

Bim will make hairs thicker and longer. It doesnt create new follicles. Thats what we want, bim doesnt do that. If im not mistaken, it only works where hair exists

Comment

Working...