Where are the phase IIb results for Bimatoprost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayM
    • Apr 2015

Well we don't know the results yet so wait and see. Although that link which was posted is from 2012 it shows that the researches felt like they had something really good on their hands - Which is why the think they would have a good business model from it. If its better than minoxidil then more people will use it. If you only have to use it once a day/3x a week after you have had good regrowth then again that will tap into more people. If the results show that it is also reducing DHT levels in the scalp again, more people. Some people think it could work great with seti, if that becomes the case then maybe people will be able to retain their hair for 10 years more at the same density. This means more people will go get a HT ect. Maybe it wont solve nw7 to nw1 but if you can have seti/bim/fin all together and means you can prevent balding for another 10/15/20 years then that sounds a lot better to me than being bald in my twenties. When something like that starts coming out young guys can use it. Fine it isn't helping the people who are already nw5 but after 3 years that's 3 years of young guys or guys who have just started to bald who will be halting a disease for years. Frankly there are only nw5's because as you said, why bother treat it if there is nothing. But I don't believe people say cure or nothing. If you say prevention for 20 years then people will be game. I personally don't think Bim will give us that but it's another step.

And anyway research is vital. They found a product which grew hair so why not research it. It's only going to help in the long run.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

Im not sure what your saying but if bim delivers on all that stuff like work better than minox, fight DHT some, and only a few times a week to maintain its going to be huge and a major game changer. I mean every guy losing hair at first is going to look at what they can do if they care about it. Anyone NW 7 thinking some treatment is going to take them back to NW 1 is living in fantasy land. One step at a time and this would be a big step just going up 1 norwood or so
      I worry the cost is going to be sky high though, but I can always use propecia instead. Im not getting hyped though until its released and proven to work that well. Way too many false hopes to jump on another hype train yet
      How well BIM works will vary by person just like propecia. Guy A maintains for 4 years and guy B maintains for 15 just depends. Some guys maintain for 15 years just on propecia.

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
        • Mar 2015

exactly you 'd buy it but not my friends. my friends as in the biggest majority (90%) because u can only maintain what you have and we dont even know if it is going to work or not or how long.

I dont understand sh*t about hair loss or why we losing it or how we can save it. simply because i dont need to. I see on this forum people talking pages and pages why it should work or not. It is just a laugh matter to me.

Gentleman, we have been facing with this problem since our existence. yet no one come up with a cure. How realistic to assume we can have it within next years?

I know here im contradicting with myself but all i am saying is you wont survive in the market if your product is inferior to minox or fin. this is as simple as it is. we need something that works for everyone not just maintains. first thing in the morning to check how many hairs u see on ur pillow or keep asking how much longer these substances can halt ur hairloss. This is pathetic.. there is nothing for us unless of course u make nw7 to nw1.

and i most certainly dont believe mw7 to mw1 is a big step if you know why we are losing our hair or find how to treat it. look at eye surgeries, can they make ur eye frm 10 to 0? the answer is yes. so why not on hair. I know these are not comparable but my point is not that

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

Why comment then? Once you have a treatment which could halt for double the time we have now I will jump straight on it and feel comfortable getting a HT. Bim and Seti and SM work completely different than AA so you are attacking it from different angles. If you do this and keep your hair for 20 more years than you normally would in 5 years time there will be a massive minority of people holding hair on your product. You are essentially serving the new market of early onset Mpb. Which will soon be the norm if it's better than minox but doesn't have to mean insane regrowth.

I understand where you are coming from but if you have SM/bim/Seti/replicel then a new majority will form of people who have MPB but can hold it off for a huge chunk of their life.

And the point is if you find completely what causes mpb it doesn't mean your hair will regrow. Preventing it most certainly does not mean follicle neogenisis. Personally I think it could because I've seen amazing transgender results but we don't know.

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Maintaining is the best that can be done now, and any of this like bim might regrow some decent hair too. Some will and some wont. So I mean either buy or dont its not anyone job to convince people to think a certain way. I cant convince a pessimist something good will happen no matter what. So why bother just let them keep seeing the glass half empty then
            It wont be inferior to minox or propecia they are much smarter than us and know that without being told so.

Comment

• joel203
              • Jun 2014

I sincerely believe in the future mpb will be a case of you can hold it off for a long long while but not prevent it when the time comes, ( a full reversal cure is minimum 25 years imo) here's hoping we can hold onto what we have until those better days if they do come

Comment

• Occulus
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by joel203
                I sincerely believe in the future mpb will be a case of you can hold it off for a long long while but not prevent it when the time comes, ( a full reversal cure is minimum 25 years imo) here's hoping we can hold onto what we have until those better days if they do come
                I'm not as optimistic as most and don't think we'll see anything that can reverse two Norword classifications for at least seven to ten years or so (but maybe something that can grow one Norwood classification within ten years - which would still change a lot of lives), but to say it will take 25 years before a paradigm-changing protocol comes along is absolutely absurd. The velocity of technology says that's simply not going to be the case. Within 25 years we will have autonomous vehicles (cars, personal aircraft, etc.), true AI, effective treatments for cancer, cloned organs, and eve possibly life-extension treatments - but not an effective protocol for hair loss?

Comment

• dutchguyhanging
                  • Mar 2015

no absolutely not.... mediocrity is the worst of all. i agree with some other people who think fin and minox are the worst thngs happened to hair loss industry. i see where u all coming from. but we simply dont wanna live our lifes by looking over our shoulders.
                  i still dont undeerstand why people cuould give a timeline. it is toxic.. it can be tomorrow or 200years later

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Interesting thought - don't know if it means anything, but since Allergan sold all of its generics business to Teva, that includes generic finasteride.

Comment

• maver1ck
                      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                      Interesting thought - don't know if it means anything, but since Allergan sold all of its generics business to Teva, that includes generic finasteride.
                      Can you fill me in as to why that would mean something? Honest question

Comment

• Pelopeleon
                        • May 2014

Tomorrow is realeased some info about bimatoprost, right?

Comment

• maver1ck
                          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Pelopeleon
                          Tomorrow is realeased some info about bimatoprost, right?
                          Yes. Something like 8:45 AM they release q2 report. But one member on this thread remarked that they might not release any information, and will instead wait until january when they have to divulge by law. If they dont release any information, then Im not to sure how confident I am about BIM. However, people have heard good things and maybe they are actually going to release something.

Comment

• JayM
                            • Apr 2015

I hope they do mention it but I wouldn't be surprised if the recent purchase of their generics drugs department takes up most of it. I mean it was a massive deal!

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JayM
                              I hope they do mention it but I wouldn't be surprised if the recent purchase of their generics drugs department takes up most of it. I mean it was a massive deal!
                              They'll most likely talk about the Kythera acquisition, the selling of its generics, and hopefully something about bimatoprost.

Poster "Biqqiesmalls" is a shareholder, and he spoke with investor relations back in May. They refused to tell him anything initially, but was promised that they'd look into it for him. He got a call 2 days later, and was told that results were not released yet, even to shareholders, the reason they haven't released results yet was because of the "complexity of bimatoprost," and that they'd release results "in a few months."

I trust the word of that representative because she looked into it for him, and called him back. So, I doubt she would lie.

I thought the selling of all its generics, including finasteride, was interesting because of their interest in commercializing set and bim. Probably of no consequence, but whatever.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
                                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                                They'll most likely talk about the Kythera acquisition, the selling of its generics, and hopefully something about bimatoprost.

Poster "Biqqiesmalls" is a shareholder, and he spoke with investor relations back in May. They refused to tell him anything initially, but was promised that they'd look into it for him. He got a call 2 days later, and was told that results were not released yet, even to shareholders, the reason they haven't released results yet was because of the "complexity of bimatoprost," and that they'd release results "in a few months."

I trust the word of that representative because she looked into it for him, and called him back. So, I doubt she would lie.

I thought the selling of all its generics, including finasteride, was interesting because of their interest in commercializing set and bim. Probably of no consequence, but whatever.
                                I had to call them back; the woman's explanation was ambiguous. Can't wait to check the report when I head into work

Comment

Working...