X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adam1988
    • Jul 2015

where to get finasteride?

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

After so much thought and consideration i decided to go to the chemist today and they wanted £45 ****ing pound for 30 (1mg) finasteride tablets! Why? My dr told me 'they get it for around £4 or £5' but the pharmacy may put a bit extra on top.

I need to find a safe/legit site to buy generic finasteride from, i read a few things about people having to cut them up into smaller doses, which shouldnt be a problem.

I am in the UK btw.

Thank you again.
    Adam
  • Nerve
    • Nov 2012

You should put this in "Hair Loss Treatment" because I want to know the answer to this too.
    Where to get cheap fin in the UK?

Comment

• adam1988
      • Jul 2015

Ok will do, thanks

Comment

• adam1988
        • Jul 2015

Thank you jazz

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

You can email Dr Steve Edgar who is a GP in the UK.

Many patients use Dr Edgar's service to obtain 5mg Proscar and 5mg generic including myself

Email him directly on : DrStevengedgar@gmail.com

He charges approx £200 for 5mg Proscar and £170 for generic 5mg finasteride for 14 months supply ( cut tab into 5ths) . I believe he charges £300 for 6 months Dutasteride however speak to him directly and confirm.

I hope this helps.
          Spex
          Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• adam1988
            • Jul 2015

Thank you spex

Comment

• hell fire and brimstone
              • Jul 2015

Just A friendly word of caution

hey Adam

I hope ur in the pink of health
              I have used finastride for a good period of time and also read a zillion posts about it..firsts before starting it and then when I had the sides. I would suggest as a well wisher to look for other alternatives first. And Fin. does have side effects i don't think only 1% people have sides rather its the other way round.

Comment

• adam1988
                • Jul 2015

What was your experience with it?
                Did you have lots of side effects?

My concern about myself is im vulnerable atm, kind of desperate, and quite low, everything i read changes my mind again.

Comment

• hell fire and brimstone
                  • Jul 2015

dear adam, I knw there r a few sights as disheartening for a male than to see a receading hairline and a palmful of hairs in shower.

U gotta b strong and carefully weigh your priorities. As for finastride...it is not a solution just a temporary fix. Also it will compeletly stop the hairfall, it'll minimize it and therby delay the MTB. Fin. is a hormone altering drug and shrinks the prostate thereby inhibiting the 5 AR enzyme(i assume u have done ur researches on how it works) . Everything boils downs to a choice between your sex potency and your hair.

Btw. Finastride is not the only exit left. There is always Minoxidil. I am ising it and in a way I wend it better bcoz it makes hair look thicker. Add biotin to your diet(naturally or supplement).

....And about my story you can read my thread 'Rise of the dead' its all in there.

PS: Even If you do start fin. and want to knw anything regarding sides etc. ur welcome anytime.

Comment

• adam1988
                    • Jul 2015

Hello again,

I felt like shit in the gym today, i put it down to the fin'....feel like i didnt recover from yesterdays workout ( which never happens to me)

I kinda of regret taking the tablet tbh...my head is all over the place atm, i cant decide what i should do. Being this indecisive is obv' not a good sign but im just desperate

I have done alot of reading into the whys/hows etc of mpb and feel i have an understanding, along with that understanding is the knowledge i have of how important our hormones are....messing with these scares me a bit.

When i get a bit more time ill read your thread, thank you again

Comment

• adam1988
                      • Jul 2015

Ive emailed him, w
                      Surely there would be no difference between 5mg proscar and 5mg generic finasteride would there?
                      Thanks

Comment

• adam1988
                        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Spex
                        You can email Dr Steve Edgar who is a GP in the UK.

Many patients use Dr Edgar's service to obtain 5mg Proscar and 5mg generic including myself

Email him directly on : DrStevengedgar@gmail.com

He charges approx £200 for 5mg Proscar and £170 for generic 5mg finasteride for 14 months supply ( cut tab into 5ths) . I believe he charges £300 for 6 months Dutasteride however speak to him directly and confirm.

I hope this helps.
                        Spex
                        Whats the difference between 5mg proscar and 5mg generic finasteride?

Comment

• JayM
                          • Apr 2015

Proscar is the branded version I think. No difference just the price

How long have you been on fin for? When I began taking it if anything I was more pumped in the gym and recovering faster. I 100% put this down to the increased free testosterone. I don't know if you got bloods done but mine showed decreased DHT and slightly elevated testosterone and everything else was pretty normal after a year on it. DHT has nothing to do with your muscles so it's no problem its decreased

Just try and relax. The biggest mistake you can do is worry like hell and mess yourself up over this. Just chill. If you have made the decision to take it just take it like you would a supplement. If you start getting side effects then come off it. Even if you just think it's mental come off because clearly it's causing to much stress for you.

Comment

• adam1988
                            • Jul 2015

Thanks jay

Ive been on it 3days now, no sides yet, but i seem to be shedding alot, was prior to starting though.

When did you shedding start? How long did it go on for?

The product WILL be exactly the same?
                            I should stay out of these forums for a bit tbh, reading contradicting opinions daily isnt good.

Ill just have to see, i kinda feeling good that im actually doing something about it though

Thanks
                            Adam

Comment

• JayM
                              • Apr 2015

That was the most important thing. I'm not very good at things not being in my control in terms of my body haha so just taking it made me feel better. I didn't really have much of a shed on 1mg a day but I recently moved up to 1.25mg a day (as I'm too lazy to cut into 5ths haha) and shedding did increase for a little but after a few weeks it's tamed.

If you were buying from an online pharmacy I would be a little worried that the generic I was buying might not be legit. As it's from a GP it should be complete legit finasteride - I would like to hope the NHS wasn't buying fake finasteride aha. It's all just finasteride at the end of the day so no worries

Comment

Working...