Going bald due to sebum plugs?..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ziggyz123
    • Feb 2015

Hmmm, yeah I shed alllllll different length hairs too. In my case, my hairline is minaturizing now . And yeah oral minoxidil is life long most likely. I hear you on not wanting to start right away. I'm about ready to shave my head and last year I was convinced I wasn't ever losing my hair. Sucks man. Somehow my crown is thinner too which is where fin is supposedly "proven" to work..

Comment

• mic28
      • May 2015

Hey Ziggy,

Were you getting success with apple cider vingegar rinses? How exactly were you doing it? I've got a shampoo bottle with 2 parts water to 1 part ACV and use it after the tea tree shampoo. Is this similar to yourself?

Comment

• Ziggyz123
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by mic28
        Hey Ziggy,

Were you getting success with apple cider vingegar rinses? How exactly were you doing it? I've got a shampoo bottle with 2 parts water to 1 part ACV and use it after the tea tree shampoo. Is this similar to yourself?
        At first it sort of got my scalp back on track in terms of the itch. I just fill half a water bottle with water and half acv. I shampoo first and then use the acv after. Honestly, I just can't wait for my bloodwork lol. I know my hormones are either normal or high when dht should be low. I'm getting a transplant but it sucks because at first all I need was hairline work, now I have a new part that formed and thinning all the way back to my spiral.. F****** bull s*** man. Finasteride just didn't work for me and instead mpb went haywire in me. I'll let you know though about my bloodwork next week because I'm getting blood taken Friday morning. Results take about a week.

Comment

• mic28
          • May 2015

Hey Ziggy,

Got a blood test done yesterday to check testosterone and DHT levels as well as a couple of other things. Dermatologist said she will only call me if there's any irregularities. Else I will find out my levels when I next visit her at the end of August.

Randomly started to get a heavily oily scalp today. Don't understand why it just happened all of a sudden

Comment

• Ziggyz123
            • Feb 2015

Hey Ziggy,

Got a blood test done yesterday to check testosterone and DHT levels as well as a couple of other things. Dermatologist said she will only call me if there's any irregularities. Else I will find out my levels when I next visit her at the end of August.

Randomly started to get a heavily oily scalp today. Don't understand why it just happened all of a sudden
            Good to hear from you mic. Good job with the blood work! As for the oily scalp, I just don't get it.. Are you on fin still? The past four days, I stopped using it cold and I feel "alright" it's incredible though how much I lost on fin, but j really think quitting minoxidil had a lot to do with it. My scalp is pretty normal at the moment, but I do get a weird dry itch and some sharp stabbing pains at times.. I'll let you know next week about my BLOODWORK as well because j will be going in for it Monday. Unfortunately i need to go back on fin to simulate my hormones while on because that is when I experienced all of this.

Talk to you soon man!

Comment

• mic28
              • May 2015

Yeh I get the dry scalp as well when I don't use it. I'm cutting the fin down. Only been taking the 1.25mg every 3-4 days at the mo but thinking of changing it to 0.5mg every second day but hard to cut it that small. I'm in limbo at the moment on whether to stop or not. Hopefully get a haircut today so I might know any change from last time

Comment

• mic28
                • May 2015

Got the hair cut and I've clearly lost a lot more diffusely. The use of oral minoxidil is becoming a lot more tempting.
                Also noticed a number of spots on my scalp which are clear if I take a picture...shows how easily you can see my scalp now as well! I assume this is the high amount of testosterone?

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                  • Feb 2015

Got the hair cut and I've clearly lost a lot more diffusely. The use of oral minoxidil is becoming a lot more tempting.
                  Also noticed a number of spots on my scalp which are clear if I take a picture...shows how easily you can see my scalp now as well! I assume this is the high amount of testosterone?
                  What's up mic. Honestly, I think it's truly telogen effluvium from finasteride. My hair literally won't stop shedding. I lose 50 that I can count just by showering.. My hair is pretty diffuse when wet too until I blow dry it completely dry. I'm giving up on finasteride soon. It HAS to be fin. My pattern now is all messed up and doesn't even make sense to what my family has or went through. So frustrating ��

Comment

• mic28
                    • May 2015

If it is TE then that wouldn't be as bad as at least it has a chance of growing back. Only hearing from others in similar situations it doesn't sound good.
                    However, if it is MPB, surely this sudden loss wouldn't occur and the hairs would grow back, all be it miniaturised?!
                    I'd give so much to have the same head of hair as last year!

Comment

Working...