Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topback
    • Apr 2015

is finasteride the only way

There's really never been a case of mpb being fixed without surgery or fin? Not even one single case?

I tried pumpkin seed oil because its supposed to work on mpb but I stopped because of all the shedding. Kinda scared of shedding on fin
  • RU58841
    • Mar 2015

There are alternatives but nothing's perfect. Fin is the "safest" in that it's approved by the FDA and is the easiest to get.

Minoxidil obviously; RU58841; saw palmetto oil?

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

I think some supplements have the chance of working for MPB like saw palmetto since I tried it a long time ago. The issue is no one knows anything about dosages or what results would be. I dont think the normal 320mg of saw palmetto is enough to do anything for hair loss but it might help prostate issues. Also the potency and form of it matters too. I dont think powder gets absorbed as well as say liquid extracts either. All that being said if you took a super dose of saw palmetto and it did do something your going to just get fin like sides anyways so what was the point? Possible it works differently but seems doubtful.
      There arent many good choices for MPB right now as evidenced by all the balding men still around. Tons of snake oils exist so best to stick to proven things minox,fin,dut. Experimentals like RU could work too. I wouldnt bother with supplements except for health reasons

Comment

• topback
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by burtandernie
        I think some supplements have the chance of working for MPB like saw palmetto since I tried it a long time ago. The issue is no one knows anything about dosages or what results would be. I dont think the normal 320mg of saw palmetto is enough to do anything for hair loss but it might help prostate issues. Also the potency and form of it matters too. I dont think powder gets absorbed as well as say liquid extracts either. All that being said if you took a super dose of saw palmetto and it did do something your going to just get fin like sides anyways so what was the point? Possible it works differently but seems doubtful.
        There arent many good choices for MPB right now as evidenced by all the balding men still around. Tons of snake oils exist so best to stick to proven things minox,fin,dut. Experimentals like RU could work too. I wouldnt bother with supplements except for health reasons
        Found this:

This seems to have similar results to fin. Too good to be true.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Thats a pretty small study and not even a mention of the mechanism of action of why pumpkin seed oil does anything. Also no dosage information. I find it odd if pumpkin seed oil were to work by altering 5 ar like finasteride that they would not measure DHT levels. Also seems sides would be similar to fin if it works by same action

Comment

• Aeroes
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by RU58841
            There are alternatives but nothing's perfect. Fin is the "safest" in that it's approved by the FDA and is the easiest to get.

Minoxidil obviously; RU58841; saw palmetto oil?
            Safe and Finasteride should not be in a sentence together.

Comment

• topback
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by burtandernie
              Thats a pretty small study and not even a mention of the mechanism of action of why pumpkin seed oil does anything. Also no dosage information. I find it odd if pumpkin seed oil were to work by altering 5 ar like finasteride that they would not measure DHT levels. Also seems sides would be similar to fin if it works by same action
              Heres the full study. I tried it myself and stopped because it made me shed like crazy

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

They mention saw palmetto being more effective than fin which I have a hard time believing. Also Finasteride is very very safe if you look at the stats on problems. I mean its pretty much fact that a minority of men have issues with it. To me that combined with it being in real world use for about 30 years now tells me its pretty safe.

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

Shedding is NOT common on fin, and has never been observed clinically. It is only anecdotal reports that claim this.

Comment

• Pboy101
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                    Shedding is NOT common on fin, and has never been observed clinically. It is only anecdotal reports that claim this.
                    Shedding is very common on fin and it's not just anecdotes. I have pictures and my hair loss isn't even that bad.

Hello all, Im 24 years old and Ive noticed my hair loss for a little more than a year now. Ive been a part of BTT since then and the hair loss forums have taught me much about the hair loss process and how to fight it. Glad to say its been a success, in my opinion. I think that without a doubt looks matter in life as it

Comment

• topback
                      • Apr 2015

Thanks guys and I'm not necessarily looking for an herbal cure just curious if anyone's ever beat mpb without traditional methods

Comment

• jamesst11
                        • Jun 2014

I don't think any one's ever completely "beat" mpb with herbal or prescription methods... mpb is genetically programmed and very hard to counter.

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by jamesst11
                          I don't think any one's ever completely "beat" mpb with herbal or prescription methods... mpb is genetically programmed and very hard to counter.
                          I think with prescription meds that currently exist you could prevent MPB from ever happening in most cases. You might need dut over fin but I think its possible. Its only going to get easier and better in the next few years as more effective treatments come out. So its kind of short sighted to think in another 5 or 10 years everyone will still need to use fin although for prevention it might still help in combination even then.

Comment

• IngloriousBastard
                            • Sep 2014

Please stop. I've been on fin 10 months and haven't noticed a damn thing, except a slowing of hair loss. I feel like most of this mental with people.

Comment

Working...