X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Johny41
    Good luck!
    By the way, do you know that the results are visible after the 3-6 months of treatment?
    Thanks! For sure. I'm honestly going to give it a year and evaluate then. I'm sure I will at least keep what I have.

Comment

• RanDave
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by winkywoo
      I'm sure I will at least keep what I have.
      Some men fight for this. So, if you stop your hair loss and keep what you have, it would be a good result.

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

i was in the same positon, 19, NW2 aggressive loss.

Fin definitely slowed it down and now I'm on DUT, the loss continued but at a very slow pace, I'm basically just a little thinner than i was 4 years ago. (went from NW2 to NW3)

If i wasn't on Fin I would be bald by now 100%

Comment

• winkywoo
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
          i was in the same positon, 19, NW2 aggressive loss.

Fin definitely slowed it down and now I'm on DUT, the loss continued but at a very slow pace, I'm basically just a little thinner than i was 4 years ago. (went from NW2 to NW3)

If i wasn't on Fin I would be bald by now 100%
          Really? I would like to go on dut.. But most people have told me to give fin a shot at first. What's your thoughts on that? There's always a possibility it could stop my hairloss.

When you say the loss continued but at a slower rate, what difference did you notice? Less hair in the shower? Was your hair filling in? Also, has Dut stopped your loss? How long were you on fin for? What made you switch to dut and how long have you been on dut for? Sorry for all of the questions, haha.

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

Really? I would like to go on dut.. But most people have told me to give fin a shot at first. What's your thoughts on that? There's always a possibility it could stop my hairloss.

When you say the loss continued but at a slower rate, what difference did you notice? Less hair in the shower? Was your hair filling in? Also, has Dut stopped your loss?
            I was shedding like crazy before starting din, was very noticeable, within a few weeks of starting fun that shedding stopped. They shedding continues but at a very slow pace. I started at nw2.5ish and I'm now a nw3 diffuse 4 years later, but honestly then change hasn't been dramatic I look them same as I did at 20 I'm 23 now. Do find first. If loss continues and you don't have sides switch to sit. I'm 8 months into dut I'd say it's stabilized but I'm not sure yet

Comment

• winkywoo
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
              I was shedding like crazy before starting din, was very noticeable, within a few weeks of starting fun that shedding stopped. They shedding continues but at a very slow pace. I started at nw2.5ish and I'm now a nw3 diffuse 4 years later, but honestly then change hasn't been dramatic I look them same as I did at 20 I'm 23 now. Do find first. If loss continues and you don't have sides switch to sit. I'm 8 months into dut I'd say it's stabilized but I'm not sure yet
              Gotcha. Thanks so much for your help. I've noticed less hair loss already, and I'm only on week 1. I'm also on Accutane though which is known to cause thinning, but it grows back, so some hair loss can be from that. Sticking with fin for a year and then see how it goes.

Comment

• jamieaguilar
                • May 2015

Hair loss is an issue of which great care is taken if not solved on time. If the issue gives rise to more hair loss then you must go for an immediate care or therapy for the hair. Liverpool clinic which I know. like theskinandhairclinic from where my brother had done it from might have the solutions for your hair fall. He was also facing problems similar to yours. He went there and got his treatment done and was satisfied after that.So I wish you all the best and you can go ahead.

Comment

• burtandernie
                  • Nov 2012

Gotcha. Thanks so much for your help. I've noticed less hair loss already, and I'm only on week 1. I'm also on Accutane though which is known to cause thinning, but it grows back, so some hair loss can be from that. Sticking with fin for a year and then see how it goes.
                  I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up. Maybe take a few pictures at the year mark to compare back to base. If sides do show up you wont have any doubts about it and you can go back to your doc or whoever. Bottom line is just forget about it because your in it for the long haul hopefully and your doing all that can be done. Starting fin now your in a good spot because before it loses effectiveness other things will be coming out in a few years

Comment

• KO1
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
                    I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up.
                    THIS is the right mentality. Think of it as a daily vitamin, that's it. If you get sides down the line, you can re-examine, but finasteride will be highly anticlimactic. You likely won't grow hair like crazy nor will you likely experience any horrible sides....just slowing down of your hair loss.

Comment

• winkywoo
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
                      I would just pretend its a vitamin and not even think about hair again unless some major side effect showed up. Maybe take a few pictures at the year mark to compare back to base. If sides do show up you wont have any doubts about it and you can go back to your doc or whoever. Bottom line is just forget about it because your in it for the long haul hopefully and your doing all that can be done. Starting fin now your in a good spot because before it loses effectiveness other things will be coming out in a few years
                      Cool. Thank you! I basically have been thinking of it that way and not thinking much of it, but for some reason I can't seem to stay away from this forum! Haha. I'm on the big 3 right now. I'm doing everything that's currently possible to fight hairloss, so I really shouldn't need to think about it anymore. I hear you.

Comment

• Blaner
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by KO1
                        THIS is the right mentality. Think of it as a daily vitamin, that's it. If you get sides down the line, you can re-examine, but finasteride will be highly anticlimactic. You likely won't grow hair like crazy nor will you likely experience any horrible sides....just slowing down of your hair loss.
                        if you get sides though wont it be too late? even fi you stop it may not end

Comment

Working...