Collecting RU-58841 pictures!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frankthetank
    • May 2015

hi all, i have a few questions about RU.. i apologize if they've already been answered somewhere

1) If I am just trying to maintain what I have/possibly regain some density, would this be a reasonable result to expect from RU?
    2) does it need to be used daily?
    3) has anyone had any success using the premixed (5%) solution from Kane?

thank you!

Comment

• RU58841
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Frankthetank
      hi all, i have a few questions about RU.. i apologize if they've already been answered somewhere

1) If I am just trying to maintain what I have/possibly regain some density, would this be a reasonable result to expect from RU?
      2) does it need to be used daily?
      3) has anyone had any success using the premixed (5%) solution from Kane?

thank you!
      1.) Yep, exactly that.
      2.) Pretty much everyone seems to use it daily, but obviously nobody really knows what's ideal; almost all of what we do know is based on experimentation from people online.
      3.) Not sure about this one. Some people are wary about premixed solutions, including me. You don't know exactly how much RU is even in it, plus we don't really know how it degrades.

Comment

• champpy
        • Apr 2015

Just wanted to give you all my first full weeks review of using RU. I found that the 1 ml of RU solution wouldn't cover my head so I increased it up to 2 ml. That seems to be doing well enough for now.

I have not noticed any side effects of any kind so far. No sexual problems, no scalp irritation, nothing. So far so good on that side.

As for the hair, I know its only one week but I may be seeing a slight reduction in hair loss. Before I started this my hair loss per day was God awful, like 40 hairs in the sink after I brush my hair. This past week it seems to be held to under 15-20. Id like to get that down to single digits, but this may be a step in the right direction. Ill keep track on it to see if im losing more or less each week.

Nothing to post as far a pictures yet. You wouldnt notice nothing. Ill keep you updated every few weeks if I feel its needed so you all can see the progress, or heaven forbid the lack thereof...

Comment

• VegetaDBZ
          • Apr 2015

Thank you...!

Comment

• champpy
            • Apr 2015

Just wanted to ask you RU users out there, how long did it take before you noticed any benefit, and what was the first positive sign you noticed?

Comment

• diffuseloser
              • Sep 2014

Round about 3 weeks to a month I started to notice a difference in hair quality/density.

Comment

• jason1001
                • Mar 2014

Does RU have any shedding faze or are we lucky enough to skip that.

One reason i avoided Rogaine is I heard it makes hair shed like crazy.

Comment

• champpy
                  • Apr 2015

thanks diffuseloser, ill try to keep a watch for that.

Jason, I don't know the answer. I have been shedding ALOT before starting RU. I want to believe its slowed a little since last week. If this holds up for another week I can speak with a little more authority on this.
                  For me, so far, I don't see any additional shedding caused by the RU. Hopefully this holds true

Comment

• doke
                    • Jun 2009

hi guys i had some old full premixed 5% ru from mpb solutions and as it may have lost strength decided to add 3 grams of ru powder from anagenic and its looking well mixed.
                    By the way the mpb solutions was the plus which makes your scalp tingle to show you have spread the ru over the areas you want to cover.
                    Has anyone bought any ru lately from mpb? as i do not get any reply to emails from them anymore.

Comment

• diffuseloser
                      • Sep 2014

You're welcome champpy. Best of luck with your RU regimen. I definitely didn't shed more on RU. The shedding I was accustomed to prior to RU didn't seem to worsen by any means. In fact, the shedding decreased considerably even after a couple of weeks. I've been on low dose 33mg for about a year now. I'm going to increase the dosage as efficacy is not what it used to be when I initially started. Also, think I'm going to ditch minox as the vehicle and go 70/30. Need to attack this more than I have been and RU seems to be the best option for a lot of us right now. Hope we can continue this thread and compare notes.

Comment

• diffuse
                        • Feb 2015

Which minox are you using diffuseloser? I'm using RU too in ethanol/pg but my scalp is always dry because i apply 2ml of RU and after that 2 ml of minox it's to much alcohol and pg for my scalp and i hate to wait between the application the 2 applications so i'm considering to use Rogaine as a vehicle with a few drops of alcohol. I recently started using finpecia as well..

Comment

• Illusion
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by diffuse
                          Which minox are you using diffuseloser? I'm using RU too in ethanol/pg but my scalp is always dry because i apply 2ml of RU and after that 2 ml of minox it's to much alcohol and pg for my scalp and i hate to wait between the application the 2 applications so i'm considering to use Rogaine as a vehicle with a few drops of alcohol. I recently started using finpecia as well..
                          I used Kirkland minox (1ml minox with ~70mg RU) and it a) mixes a lot less good then 70/30 ethanol/pg and b) I make weekly batches which I sometimes stored outside of the freezer and sometimes inside for a whole week and from my experience, minox+RU on room temp doesn't stay good for long (few days max) whereas RU in ethanol/pg does. Whether it RU+minox stays good in the freezer for a long time I do not know but based on what happens at room temp, my guess is that RU in ethanol/pg is better anyway.

Comment

• champpy
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
                            You're welcome champpy. Best of luck with your RU regimen. I definitely didn't shed more on RU. The shedding I was accustomed to prior to RU didn't seem to worsen by any means. In fact, the shedding decreased considerably even after a couple of weeks. I've been on low dose 33mg for about a year now. I'm going to increase the dosage as efficacy is not what it used to be when I initially started. Also, think I'm going to ditch minox as the vehicle and go 70/30. Need to attack this more than I have been and RU seems to be the best option for a lot of us right now. Hope we can continue this thread and compare notes.
                            Yessir for sure. Ill be updating whenever I feel something is happening good or bad. Today was definitely not good. The hair loss in the morning was back up to about 30 hairs. Its been fluctuating but it seems to be going back up for some reason. Damn

Comment

• champpy
                              • Apr 2015

Yessir for sure. Ill be updating whenever I feel something is happening good or bad. Today was definitely not good. The hair loss in the morning was back up to about 30+ hairs. Its been fluctuating but it seems to be going back up for some reason. Damn

Comment

• diffuseloser
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by diffuse
                                Hey diffuse. Yeah, I also use good old Kirkland like Illusion. I make all my batches up right away and then freeze the bottles. It's really convenient and there's no need for scales etc. However, after a year of doing this, I have to agree with Illusions theory. I'm not entirely confident that this method gets the best out of RU, so I'm dropping it. Maybe this is why I'm not getting the results I'd hoped for. A lesson learnt - laziness doesn't pay. I think using minox as a vehicle has an effect on the stability of RU, even if you freeze it. I suggest you stick with ethanol/PG. Wait maybe a half hour before you apply minox.

Comment

Working...