Anyone else excited with all the action?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scientalk56
    • Nov 2012

Hahahha i was about to write that we r going to have a treatment in five years as a joke, then i saw that there are people who really think we r only five years away far from a cure.. Big lol

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

People toss around the word cure without even a definition of what it means. Is prevention a cure? Is it NW 7 to NW 1? Is something you use forever that regrows hair a cure? I think prevention will happen in another 5-10 years so MPB will be preventable, but I think curing MPB like regrowing all your hair is a long long ways off. If prevention is a cure you can almost do that right now with dut+RU so we arent far from that just reducing the sides with safer ways to do it.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Originally posted by Scientalk56
        Hahahha i was about to write that we r going to have a treatment in five years as a joke, then i saw that there are people who really think we r only five years away far from a cure.. Big lol
        Yeah, I find it quite entertaining too. Some people can really dream as if they are born in Unicorn Land lol.

Originally posted by burtandernie
        People toss around the word cure without even a definition of what it means. Is prevention a cure? Is it NW 7 to NW 1? Is something you use forever that regrows hair a cure? I think prevention will happen in another 5-10 years so MPB will be preventable, but I think curing MPB like regrowing all your hair is a long long ways off. If prevention is a cure you can almost do that right now with dut+RU so we arent far from that just reducing the sides with safer ways to do it.
        Exactly. I want to stress this so damn hard. Prevention is where it's at. Even for the next coming years to come. So for the young guys who come here, don't listen to the go-get dreamers. Take action, that is the way you WILL keep your hair. Preventative cures ARE available already. Regrowing hair is in a way different league though.

Comment

• Illusion
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
          but I think curing MPB like regrowing all your hair is a long long ways off.
          Yup. HT's will advance though so better results and/or bigger "NW jumps" might be possible in the future before there will be a full cure(?) but regrowing a NW7 to a NW1... That's still going to take a lot of time.

Comment

• cichlidfort
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Scientalk56

Depends what you define a "cure" as. I think the ultimate cure (NW7- NW1) is definitely 10-15 years away but an effective prevention remedy is easily within 2-3 years. I love how some of the members in here refer to the past like it's indicative of the future. Someone already said it in here- science doesnt work backwards. We are much closer to a practical treatment option that doesn't come with the sides like fin/minox does. There's a lot of pessimistic people in here they think they are being realistic. Let them think that because it's a waste of time and energy to be negative. Life is too short for that mentality.

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cichlidfort
              Depends what you define a "cure" as. I think the ultimate cure (NW7- NW1) is definitely 10-15 years away but an effective prevention remedy is easily within 2-3 years. I love how some of the members in here refer to the past like it's indicative of the future. Someone already said it in here- science doesnt work backwards. We are much closer to a practical treatment option that doesn't come with the sides like fin/minox does. There's a lot of pessimistic people in here they think they are being realistic. Let them think that because it's a waste of time and energy to be negative. Life is too short for that mentality.
              Yeah I agree. I do think there is a decent amount of guys out there that look at treatment choices meaning propecia basically, and say its not worth it. A better option that is maybe a little safer would probably get more people to try it.

Comment

Working...