Anyone else excited with all the action?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by breakbot
    I never get excited with unproven treatments. 2012 was the year where Cotsarelis said that the pgd2 therapy could reach the market in 2 years. Certainly he didn't know why the bald areas had increased pgd2. Typical Cotsarelis. I waited someone to ask him if the increased levels could be a result of the expossure of this areas on the light which is the most logical.
    I'm convieced that hairloss is also an age procedure so i don't wait miracles maybe something a little better than minoxidil.

Sorry for my shitty English, they are equal to all the scammers technologies.
    It was end of 2012, and any knowledgeable poster could tell it was more of a claim made by the news rather than him, there was no actual product in trials so 2 years was impossible.

PGD2 is moving forward heavily since then, Kythera like Fear said above is fast-tracking their product, they definitely know they are on to something here.

there is a clear open market for an inbetween product here, something better than FIN/MIN but not a full cure, seems like a 3 legged race between BIM, CB and SETI.

nothing was close like this before, in 2012 the only thing (seemingly) moving forward was Histogen, not a single other thing could be taken seriously and was just typical grey market stuff that the forum comes up with all the time like Equol.

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      Yes, not only is it true that they can, THEY ARE. I have stock in Kythera (has risen 40% since I bought it) and I spoke with a representative from the company about a month ago and they confirmed they are going into phase II POC end of 2015/beginning of 2016. If seti proves to work, then they will go straight to phase III.

So realistically I would say 3 years it could very well be out.
      So if you trial seti on yourself and trade based on that. Watch out, that's insider trading.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Originally posted by Keki
        From my point of view everything that require more then 4 years is useless, steam cell is something a slow balding teen could be interested in because it will work properly in 10year+ if lucky, but for us in our late 20 nw2-3 we have only bim-follicept-seti maybe cb and replicel if they speed up everything, i'm not interested in 2020+ treatment if i need transplant to cover the head anyway...
        Well let me play the devil for you. I saw your hair situation, you are rapidly advancing. You need to jump asap on a 5ar2 inhibitor/anti-androgen + minoxidil. That won't even regrow your hair and you'll indeed need a hair transplant. You can obviously do nothing about your current hair situation now. Completely fine but I see you are progressing aggressively to a NW5-6, being a NW4 already. You should have started a few years ago with treatments my friend you would enjoy a full head of hair now. Keep "hoping", meanwhile your cells are getting shredded. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• walrus
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by breakbot
          they are equal to all the scammers technologies.
          Science provides evidence. Scammers do not.

Comment

• bigentries
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
            the only one we took seriously 2-3 years ago was histogen, Aderans has been around without success for 15 years.
            I must be imaging that cringeworthy Aderans timeline picture with Homer Simpson included that made rounds over the internet. People were really excited about Aderans back then

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by KO1
              So if you trial seti on yourself and trade based on that. Watch out, that's insider trading.
              lol, it's not something I'm opposed to. However, we won't know dosage until they start their POC trial. Setipiprant isn't going to be hard to get on the black market if people want.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by KO1
                I don't think the SEC would go after him....

Comment

• Justinian
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by KO1

Thats an interesting idea you bring up. This is the best I could find http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16761384/ which states it is not insider trading without an agreement explicitly saying otherwise.

Comment

• rdawg
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                    I must be imaging that cringeworthy Aderans timeline picture with Homer Simpson included that made rounds over the internet. People were really excited about Aderans back then
                    People thought they might have had a product coming soon back in 11-12 as they were in Phase III I believe, problem was, they showed the results and it was crap, there was nothing to get excited about. Noone really took them seriously though as they had been in Phase II-III since like 2006 and all signs pointed to them going downhill.

It was actually a depressing time 2-3 years ago, Most people knew we were 5+ years from a new product minimum(histogen was the only close one), now I'd say we are approaching the 2-3 year timeframe with the amount of products pushing forward.

Comment

• BiqqieSmalls
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Justinian
                      Thats an interesting idea you bring up. This is the best I could find http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16761384/ which states it is not insider trading without an agreement explicitly saying otherwise.
                      Good find

Comment

• Binford
                        • Mar 2015

Sorry a bit off topic here. So they can make meat from stem cells without even touching a living cow any more, those beef burgers will be avail this year to the public and will cost $11 for a patty. Also arctic apples will start selling their GMO apple that never browns this summer in canada (kinda scary). So they can make beef without a cow and apples that never brown, how about some hairs! You can look at it either way, one side will say they dont care about us or the smart folks are working in the food industry and the optimistic will say thats amazing science and our bald heads arnt far off from getting some shade again. I'm with the optimistic bunch because i personally think its crazy to think they wont figure out how to grow hair back sooner than later. I mean beef without a cow blows my mind, just my opinion folks

Comment

• GSD
                          • Apr 2015

is setipiprant able to regrow hair or only to maintain?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by GSD
                            is setipiprant able to regrow hair or only to maintain?
                            No one knows. They are starting their proof of concept trial in late 2015/early 2016, so we will know that by end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                              • Apr 2015

I was just throwing out some old magazines about five months ago, and Time from 198X had something about the cure for hair loss being just a few years off on the cover.

A cure for baldness is like the return of Christ. Lots of people always promising it, but it's never come. I tend to think the safe bet is usually "Things will be like they are now" rather than "Magic is coming!".

I think there will eventually be some progress. But whether that's five years from now, or twenty is hard to say. I also tend to think the best treatments are always going to be prevention. People who already have lost hair, are probably screwed. Now and in the future.

Comment

• burtandernie
                                • Nov 2012

Yeah I agree predicting the future is silly because you cant do it. I think evidence right now lends credibility that some new treatment will exist in the next 5 years but nothing is certain. A cure like regrowing huge amounts of hair is a very distant thing for sure.

Comment

Working...