Hasson & Wong now prescribing topical Finasteride

clinical data proves its just as good as taking 1 mg
  • hdude46
    • Aug 2009

Where are you getting this info?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

I know they are prescribing topical fin, but I didn't hear anything about it being as good as one 1mg other than a small study.

Comment

• the_dude78
        • May 2011

I found this:

"Pharmacodynamic of P-3074 (finasteride 0.25% topical solution) in subjects with androgenetic alopecia
        M Caserini1, R Palmieri1, M Radicioni2 and E Terragni2 1Polichem S.A., Lugano, Switzerland and 2Cross Research S.A., Arzo, Switzerland
        A new proprietary topical formulation, P-3074, containing finasteride 0.25% as active ingredient and hydroxypropyl-chitosan (HPCH) as film-forming agent, was developed for androgenetic alopecia. The present study was aimed at investigating the pharmacodynamic profile of finasteride in terms of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations in the scalp and in serum after multiple topical application of P-3074 or oral finasteride intake in subjects with androgenetic alopecia. Eighteen healthy men were randomly allocated to P-3074 or oral treatment after providing written informed consent. Twelve volunteers applied P-3074 topical solution for 7 days: six subjects once daily (o.d.) in the morning and the others twice daily (b.i.d.) in the morning and in the evening. The third group of six volunteers was administered 1 mg oral finasteride once daily in the morning for 1 week. Scalp (vertex) biopsies were collected at baseline and 6 hours after last dose administration, while serum samples were collected at baseline, before last administration, and 6 and 12 hours after the last multiple dose. A marked decrease in scalp DHT levels was observed: by 47.22% with P-3074 b.i.d., from 1.91 (±0.54) to 1.01 ng ml−1 (±0.39), by 71.20% with P-3074 o.d., from 1.52 (±0.41) to 0.44 ng ml−1 (±0.08), and by 51.11% with the oral formulation, from 1.39 (±0.25) to 0.68 ng ml−1 (±0.34). Serum DHT was reduced by 69.3–74.0% with P-3074 b.i.d., 67.6–80.4% with P-3074 o.d., and 69.7–76.1% with the oral formulation. These results showed a similar inhibition of serum DHT after 1 week of finasteride administration with the three dose regimens and were consistent with the results obtained in a previous P-3074 PK study. These findings show that DHT concentration in the scalp, after 7-day treatment course of P-3074 o.d., was more reduced (about 40%) than after 1 mg oral finasteride administration for the same treatment period."

Source: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...d2013110a.html

Comment

• the_dude78
          • May 2011

If this becomes available in EU, I will definitely try it out.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

You have to go to them to see it. They are having a local pharmacy make it for their patients who cannot tolerate oral fin, I believe. I'm going to pay a visit to them within the coming months to obtain some.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
              If this becomes available in EU, I will definitely try it out.
              If the vehicle is known, you could probably do it now.

Comment

• efedrez
                • May 2013

Do we know anything about sides with topical? it sounds like good news unless chances of going systemic are also high and same horrible sides

Comment

• Jazz1
                  Inactive
                  • Aug 2012

You guys are jokers, genhair was way ahead of the game with their topical formula that worked, it all ends up going back into the bloody stream like 1mg FIN, personally nothing beats internal results.

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

Yeah it might just end up going internal anyways. Thats why something like CB with a different chemical structure is the only way a topical might work. I still have high hopes CB might be the first real topical with little sides.

Comment

• Seuxin
                      • Jan 2014

Hello Guy's,

Any news about this HassonAndWong topical finasteride ????

Is it available ? Where buy it ?
                      If it's the equivalent to 1mg whitout side effect, why non advertising ???

Thanks for informations

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

Where is a legit place to buy this then? That is one of the biggest problems with this small scale underground stuff there are never reliable manufacturers where its easy to try the stuff and be sure its the real deal. How much does it cost? I dont really have a prescription or anything though

Comment

• JoeTillman
                          • Jul 2014

It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.
                          Joe Tillman
                          The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                          See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JoeTillman
                            It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.

Joe, I'm curious as to how Hasson and Wong is getting this to work. Doesn't topical finasteride have to go into the bloodstream to work? Wouldn't it then cause side effects just like oral?

Thanks,
                            FTL

Comment

• JoeTillman
                              • Jul 2014

Hi FTL,

H&W aren't getting it to work. The pharmacist is In all seriousness however, topical delivery methods do not stay out of the bloodstream entirely so there is no guarantee that one will not get side effects with any topical medication when compared to it's oral equivalent but the amount that makes it into the bloodstream is significantly less so in theory any side effects should also be significantly less, if any manifest to begin with. Topical delivery allows for a more targeted delivery with less of the medication being delivered systemically where it is more likely to affect other systems.
                              Joe Tillman
                              The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                              See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...