Is there any correlation between ethnicity and hairloss?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOhairNOlife
    • Dec 2014

Is there any correlation between ethnicity and hairloss?

I live in Ontario, Canada, I've noticed in my day to day life that more Arab/Middle-eastern men are balding vs Caucasian men.

Anybody else take notice of this?
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by NOhairNOlife
    I live in Ontario, Canada, I've noticed in my day to day life that more Arab/Middle-eastern men are balding vs Caucasian men.

I really don't mean to sound racially or ethnically offensive with this, but it is a good topic to mention. It seems that Hispanic (South American, Central American, Mexican) rarely seem to lose their hair and if so, much later on in life. The Italians and Irish seem to have very good hair genetics. Middle Eastern men do seem to lose their hair a lot, and I've seen lots of Jewish men bald more frequently and extensively than just about anyone else. German men and Eastern European men also seem to go bald quite a bit as well. Again, I don't mean to be offensive with my post, but it's interesting to note how much more certain ethnicities are prone to hair loss than others.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
      • Dec 2014

I wonder if there has been a study done regarding this subject?!

In the area that I live in there are a lot of Arabic people, so this is something that I have noticed. There is also a large asian (chinese) population and they seem to be middle of the road. But I find that Caucasian (Canadian) men have very good hair genetics.

There isn't a large concentration of other types of ethnicities so it's hard to determine if they are or worse off.

Comment

• goldnt
        • Jan 2014

Dont middle eastern have typically high dht and test. Heck i dont think ive an arab older than 16yrs without a beard

Comment

• Follicle Island
          • Dec 2014

I'm of middle eastern and European descent and well, I'm balding pretty hard at 22. The other few cases I've seen of men being completely bald in their early 20s were either middle eastern or European. I think men of European and middle eastern descent are the highest at risk of balding.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
            • Dec 2014

I was on a recent trip to Cuba and I noticed a lot of the cuban men had good hair genetics. I saw many men in their 40s, 50s and possibly in their 60s with all their hair. It was amazing.

Comment

• Larence35
              • Mar 2015

i think there is

Comment

• KO1
                • Jan 2012

I suspect Jewish men seem to have the most hairloss. The average middle age jewish guy is usually balding.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by KO1
                  I suspect Jewish men seem to have the most hairloss. The average middle age jewish guy is usually balding.
                  Same with Arab men. And they (Arabs and Jews) are semitic people.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                    • Feb 2011

Yeah, I've seen plenty of young Jewish men bald earlier and more extensively than just about anyone else. Several Jews that I went to high school with were horseshoe bald before they even reached 30 years old. I really wonder why this is.

Comment

• FlightTL
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by NOhairNOlife

I have noticed that the one race that is least balding is Asians as in orientals.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
                        • Dec 2014

They should do a study were they take people from different ethnic backgrounds and do blood/scalp work on them. Maybe they can narrow down what is the real reason for MPB

Comment

• Y gwningen llwyd
                          • Mar 2015

Caucasians have the highest incidence of MPB, followed closely by Afro-Caribbeans. Blacks from Africa have a moderately lower incidence, and East Asians, Polynesians, Hispanics and aboriginal Australians have a much lower incidence. Native Americans and Inuits (Eskimos) appear to be completely immune to MPB. If ever you travel to Nunavut in Northeast Canada and spend some time with the Inuits there, you'll notice that not a single one of them, regardless of age, is bald.

Comment

• burtandernie
                            • Nov 2012

I think your more talking about gene pools and poorly understood things like why is one man more sensitive to androgens than another? One ethnicity has more of certain genes so maybe one ethnicity has higher probability but kind of pointless to argue about since no one knows. Your either balding or not so not a lot of in between.

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Y gwningen llwyd
                              Caucasians have the highest incidence of MPB, followed closely by Afro-Caribbeans. Blacks from Africa have a moderately lower incidence, and East Asians, Polynesians, Hispanics and aboriginal Australians have a much lower incidence. Native Americans and Inuits (Eskimos) appear to be completely immune to MPB. If ever you travel to Nunavut in Northeast Canada and spend some time with the Inuits there, you'll notice that not a single one of them, regardless of age, is bald.
                              Im surprised to read that Caucasians have the highest incidents of MPB, when I look around in my surroundings I find middle-easterns have the highest incidents of MPB.

Comment

Working...