Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazz1
    Inactive
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by warner8
    I have not seen a massive shed with susans formula. What I do see is my skin peeling from the effects of the retinol. That is the only change I've seen thus far.
    Seems normal as I had skin peel at the start along with redness and slight stinging, as mentioned in my previous posts this normally subsides after few months. Ideally coconut oil helps if you feel the need to moisture your scalp .

Comment

• Hicks
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
      Good regime, how long you been on lipgaine? Also Regenepure DR is eh more important one since it contains ketaconazole. I think you maybe going through a shed, stay positive it should come back much better .
      Lipgaine 2 years.

Yeah, I want sure if anyone experienced this.

Comment

• Jazz1
        Inactive
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hicks
        Lipgaine 2 years.

Yeah, I want sure if anyone experienced this.
        I think some people did shed, I never really bothered keeping an eye on my shed as this would automatically make you feel negative. I would ride it out and see how you go, shedding whilst on new treatments is a good sign .

Comment

• Jazz1
          Inactive
          • Aug 2012

Susan hairloss FAQ

1. What is the consistency of lotion vs. cream?
          Lotion is pourable, and cream is more thick. Over time, a lotion could thin down in which we reccommend shaking the bottle with each use. Cream, however, maintains consistency - it does not thin down over time.
          2. How often is it applied?
          Daily - NOT twice a day
          3. How many sprays = 1 ml?
          6 sprays
          Remember: No Minoxidil over 5% solution due to limited solubility. We do NOT reccommend using both Oral Finasteride and Topical Finasteride together to limit side effects.
          How to use other adjunct hair products with Minoxidil Treatments
          Melatonin - Apply to the hairline and temples (thickening of hair enhances, growth phase of hair)
          Alternate Antioxidant product Acetyl-Glutathione/Biotin 3% and Melatonin 0.1% topical
          A-G/Biotin 3%, Vitamin C Serum 20%, or Melatonin 0.1%
          -PM at bedtime - First apply one of the above pre-treatments to scalp areas on dry hair around the temples and hairline. Rub in well, wait 5 minutes, then apply Minoxidil treatment
          - In the AM, shower, then apply Progesterone Leave-In Treatment three times a week for 10-15 minutes. Wash with Stimulating Shampoo and Conditioner.

Comment

• nave13579
            • Feb 2015

Hey Jazz,

My original regime was just 1mg fin every day. I initially avoided minox due to the mess and not wanting to deal with two applications daily and greasy hair / scalp etc. Also I was scared as I heard that sometimes it isn't very effective for hairlines.

However, after 8 months, I decided I wanted to get off fin. It gave me pretty bad mental side effects - constantly feeling depressed / sad / defeated. This was a hard way to live for me.

I went down to fin twice a week for almost a month and I feel so much better and happy and confident (minus the hair loss). But obviously now i am afraid of my hair falling out more rapidly without the fin.

So now I am back up to 1mg fin EOD. And for about a week now, nightly application of Susan's 15% lotion around my hairline, mixed with:

15% minoxidil
            0.1% finesteride
            5% azelaic acid
            0.025% progesterone
            0.25% tretinoin

I have noticed a small shed already beginning and more perpetual itchiness around my hairline.

My question is, do you think this itchiness is from Susan's mixture? Or is it maybe from taking fin less regularly?
            Also any recommendations and comments are much encouraged!

Thanks very very much for everything you've done on site and thread!

Comment

• Jazz1
              Inactive
              • Aug 2012

Hey I will reply tomorrow promise, as I work shifts i need to be up early tomorrow.

Comment

• Plan C
                • Nov 2013

Hey I will reply tonight, I am at work now .
                Jazz, is there any way I can message you privately about something?

Comment

• keisomo
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by nave13579
                  Hey Jazz,

My original regime was just 1mg fin every day. I initially avoided minox due to the mess and not wanting to deal with two applications daily and greasy hair / scalp etc. Also I was scared as I heard that sometimes it isn't very effective for hairlines.

However, after 8 months, I decided I wanted to get off fin. It gave me pretty bad mental side effects - constantly feeling depressed / sad / defeated. This was a hard way to live for me.

I went down to fin twice a week for almost a month and I feel so much better and happy and confident (minus the hair loss). But obviously now i am afraid of my hair falling out more rapidly without the fin.

So now I am back up to 1mg fin EOD. And for about a week now, nightly application of Susan's 15% lotion around my hairline, mixed with:

15% minoxidil
                  0.1% finesteride
                  5% azelaic acid
                  0.025% progesterone
                  0.25% tretinoin

I have noticed a small shed already beginning and more perpetual itchiness around my hairline.

My question is, do you think this itchiness is from Susan's mixture? Or is it maybe from taking fin less regularly?

Hey Nave...

I felt compel to reply to you as my first post not only because you're a fellow Torontonian but I had the same issue using the exact same formula last month. I also had itching all over the scalp after using it for a couple of weeks. I stop and it went away. I tried it again second time and itch came back. Susan called me and nicely offered me a 30ml sample with less aggressive ingredients: 10%Minox, 5%AA and .01HC. It's been two weeks and no itch whatsover. I've now waiting to hear back from her whether I need to redo my prescription and if I should add RA and PROG. I don't need FIN because I'm already taking proscar.

Too bad now I have 3 bottles of expensive hair product i can't use...the thing we do to keep our hair.

Good luck Nave...

Comment

• Hicks
                    • Apr 2013

I should clarify I take 1.25 fin 4 days then use Susan's stuff on the days I don't take fin. truthfully it's very hard to see your progress change without pictures. I guess I should start doing that.

Comment

• Jazz1
                      Inactive
                      • Aug 2012

Hey guys I'm sorry i am a bit behind and I hate making excuses, but at the same time I hate replying from my iPhone! After tommorow I will have 3 days free from work, again working shift work is difficult , as I prefer to reply on my iPad or laptop than my bloody iPhone spell corrector!

I will reply thoroughly tommorow as I will have free time and not be tired .

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

Hey guys will be free late tonight and will take time to reply, I do apologise life's been very hectic due to my car project and work!, have good evening .

Comment

• Justinian
                          • Sep 2014

There anyway your own Doctor can prescribe you the ingredients and send Susan the script? As The Medical Wellnes Center will not prescribe to anyone in Florida, although Susan will sell to anyone so long as an valid script is provided.

The good news The Medical Wellnes Center will be opening a clinic in Florida, I seriously do not understand these rules?
                          I missed this reply, thanks for looking into it.

I got a 6 month supply of minoxidil a week or two ago. After that gets close to running out I'll consider getting a prescription for this lotion, depending on my results using just minoxidil. If I'm one of the ~20-30% of super responders I might just stick with normal minoxidil.

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by nave13579
                            Hey Jazz,

15% minoxidil
                            0.1% finesteride
                            5% azelaic acid
                            0.025% progesterone
                            0.25% tretinoin

Hey sorry for the late reply, firstly 1mg EOD is sufficient enough to stop DHT and remove any MPB itch associated with DHT.

The shedding is expected so i would not worry to much as any minoxidol application will allow you to go through shedding phases due to cycles. The itchiness could well be associated with tretinoin, is the itchiness in the areas you apply Susan's lotion? Did you experience any itchiness prior to starting any treatments, for example when you was losing hair.

I would not worry too much if the itchiness is associated with tretinoin as this normally subsides, tretinoin normally causes temporary irritation, normally subsides after few months. Ideally you could use coconut oil regular to moisture your scalp, I find this helps counter any irritation associated with tretinoin.

If you experience any side effects try using Horny goat weed and zinc tablets daily, the main key factor is DO NOT stress over any side effects, as any anxiety and stress will make your symptoms worse!

Comment

• Jazz1
                              Inactive
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by keisomo
                              Hey Nave...

I felt compel to reply to you as my first post not only because you're a fellow Torontonian but I had the same issue using the exact same formula last month. I also had itching all over the scalp after using it for a couple of weeks. I stop and it went away. I tried it again second time and itch came back. Susan called me and nicely offered me a 30ml sample with less aggressive ingredients: 10%Minox, 5%AA and .01HC. It's been two weeks and no itch whatsover. I've now waiting to hear back from her whether I need to redo my prescription and if I should add RA and PROG. I don't need FIN because I'm already taking proscar.

Too bad now I have 3 bottles of expensive hair product i can't use...the thing we do to keep our hair.

Good luck Nave...

Sounds like an irritation from Tretinoin/RA, as stated in my previous posts tretinoin is very good for cell renewal and helps counter side effects from Hydocortisone! Normally irritation subsides after a few months, ideally using coconut oil daily helps counter stinging/irritation. I been using tretinoin for 2 years now in the formula, at the start I had irritated/red inflammed skin, after few months I was totally fine and happy with the regrowth .

Comment

• Jazz1
                                Inactive
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Hicks
                                I should clarify I take 1.25 fin 4 days then use Susan's stuff on the days I don't take fin. truthfully it's very hard to see your progress change without pictures. I guess I should start doing that.
                                I take it you use Lipgaine daily? Only reason I ask is you need an minoxidl application daily. You noticed any changes whilst on your regime?

Comment

Working...