Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairlessM
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
    A nose prominent in profile ("projected," "pointed," "stereotypical white guy nose") is a disadvantage for bald guys. This is a major reason why black guys can get away w/ the shaved head more often
    I know exactly what you mean and you are 100% correct. I want a new nose and the only thing stopping me from fixing it is I'm to embarrassed getting it done because I'm bald. I think with a new nose I could pull the look off a lot better. I need to do something as right now I'm basically road kill.

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by hairlessM
      I know exactly what you mean and you are 100% correct. I want a new nose and the only thing stopping me from fixing it is I'm to embarrassed getting it done because I'm bald. I think with a new nose I could pull the look off a lot better. I need to do something as right now I'm basically road kill.
      Hey same here. I've been thinking about rhinoplasty, but I'm scared at even the thought of it. Hair transplants are at least you can stay awake during the procedure and maybe FUE and pilofocus are minimally invasive....So, I'm not sure and there is open and closed rhinoplasty, so not sure at all.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

dude its true i have a white friend who went bald and he's got a flat black guy nose and he suits the look

Comment

• baldozer
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
          A nose prominent in profile ("projected," "pointed," "stereotypical white guy nose") is a disadvantage for bald guys. This is a major reason why black guys can get away w/ the shaved head more often
          I don't think so. A nose of this type along with a prominent chin makes an ante-face, which is considered attractive. Example of people with ante faces are David Gandi and Sean O'Pry.

Comment

• hairlessM
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by FlightTL
            Hey same here. I've been thinking about rhinoplasty, but I'm scared at even the thought of it. Hair transplants are at least you can stay awake during the procedure and maybe FUE and pilofocus are minimally invasive....So, I'm not sure and there is open and closed rhinoplasty, so not sure at all.
            I've been looking into it as I had the same fears as you but it's one of the most commonly performed ops there is and I was surprised at how quick it actually is. Yeah, you get knocked out but I've been knocked out before and that went ok.

It's gross how it's done but the results are unreal. Check out this site http://www.realself.com/rhinoplasty/...d-after-photos if your interested. There is also loads of blogs that people have written from beginning to end and they all explain everything you need to know. It takes a little time to recover, all the splinters and that come off in less than a week and than a few weeks of noticeable swelling and they say it can take a lot longer for all the swelling to go but the difference it makes in your appearance is amazing, almost everyone looks better when it's done. It's expensive but you usually get exactly what you want and it looks natural. My nose is my biggest flaw outside my hair but that ish is so messed up it will never be right so I really don't want to spend anything a dime on it.

Comment

• hairlessM
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by baldozer
              I don't think so. A nose of this type along with a prominent chin makes an ante-face, which is considered attractive. Example of people with ante faces are David Gandi and Sean O'Pry.
              I think you have the wrong idea, more in reference to the bridge of the nose.

Comment

• Joan
                • May 2014

hairlessM: I was going to suggest checking out RealSelf (I'm a member) to you guys contemplating a rhinoplasty. Who better to get your information from than honest people sharing their good/bad experiences, a lot of times with photos to back them up? I, myself, had a rhinoplasty when I was 15 (way back in 1978-lol). Things, of course, have changed dramatically since then (I was in the hospital for three days). It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Just do your research and get more than one consultation, unless maybe you know someone who's had excellent results with a specific surgeon. I've had two other cosmetic procedures and made a huge mistake with one by not doing my homework first, which resulted in a costly revision. Remember, you can't hide your face, so take your time in choosing a doctor.

Comment

• baldozer
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Joan
                  hairlessM: I was going to suggest checking out RealSelf (I'm a member) to you guys contemplating a rhinoplasty. Who better to get your information from than honest people sharing their good/bad experiences, a lot of times with photos to back them up? I, myself, had a rhinoplasty when I was 15 (way back in 1978-lol). Things, of course, have changed dramatically since then (I was in the hospital for three days). It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Just do your research and get more than one consultation, unless maybe you know someone who's had excellent results with a specific surgeon. I've had two other cosmetic procedures and made a huge mistake with one by not doing my homework first, which resulted in a costly revision. Remember, you can't hide your face, so take your time in choosing a doctor.
                  Rhinoplasty at just 15? That is ridiculous! Who paid for it?

Comment

• Joan
                    • May 2014

Rhinoplasty at just 15? That is ridiculous! Who paid for it?
                    My parents, of course. And no, it's not ridiculous when you'd been ridiculed by your peers since grammar school for having a big nose, which looked even bigger because I have a small face. In 8th grade I sat in a class for a whole year while two kids made fun of me, and the teacher did absolutely nothing. Yup, I still remember that over 35 years later. That rhinoplasty was worth every penny. Unless you've walked in my shoes, you'll never understand the hell I experienced.

Comment

• FlightTL
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Joan
                      My parents, of course. And no, it's not ridiculous when you'd been ridiculed by your peers since grammar school for having a big nose, which looked even bigger because I have a small face. In 8th grade I sat in a class for a whole year while two kids made fun of me, and the teacher did absolutely nothing. Yup, I still remember that over 35 years later. That rhinoplasty was worth every penny. Unless you've walked in my shoes, you'll never understand the hell I experienced.
                      I sympathize with you Joan. Being made fun of is a seriously emotionally painful thing.

Wish you a happy life.

Comment

• DeuceWillis
                        • Feb 2014

I think you guys think ENTIRELY too fu*king much. And what makes your standards of beauty so right and true? For every "rule" and example of what bald people should look like, there's a guy/girl out there that is the exact opposite and they look FINE. Sometimes even handsome/beautiful. I think you guys all come to this website whining saying "I'm ugly, im bald, society this, opposite sex that, standards of beauty blah blah fuc*ing blah". But the truth is, it's YOU guys who are judging yourselves. YOU guys who are judging others and making people feel bad bc they have a big nose, or a thin neck, or small biceps, or weak jaw lines, etc. Well you know what, if you judge people based off of their looks then FU*K YOU!!! Because it's YOUR fault this "society" is in the shape it's in. Everyone should just accept the way they are and accept others the way they are too.

Comment

• Sogeking
                          • Feb 2011

Well concerning the title of this thread, I think it is not true. Has anyone seen Kelly Slater? That guy can certainly pursue women freely! If I have to go bald I wish it would be looking like that.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dan26
                            dude its true i have a white friend who went bald and he's got a flat black guy nose and he suits the look
                            I know a similar type of guy, not necessarily goodlooking but he does not look bizarre which is a huge accomplishment for a white guy beyond NW3

They are not bald. That is the point, rules change when you are bald. A prominent nose can be fine w/ hair, but not w/o
                            Neither of those guys would have become models w/o hair

Originally posted by pidda
                            Nothing wrong with being bald. Should have just shaved and be done with it.
                            There is a lot wrong with balding or none of us would be here

Comment

• Diffuser44
                              • Apr 2014

These posts showing women hating on bald men don't do us men suffering with hair loss any favors. You could probably just as well find posts of women grossed out by men with long hair, or penises in general for that matter. I personally have started to become proud of my baldness. I don't shave it but rather keep it at a #2 and sometimes grow out the facial hair.

I don't need to let my self image be deteriorated by shallow dimwitted girls / guys pretending to be girls online. What kind of girl do you think takes the time to hate on bald men online. Most likely the ugly ones with low self esteem and poor self image themselves.

I understand most men who go bald develop poor self images. Sure you are bald, and that does have an effect on the way others look at you and how you look at yourself. But if your personality is charming, you genuinely aren't affected by your baldness in a negative way (which is very hard to do) you can be "normal".

It's the people that can't change their self image of being bald to a positive one that suffer and can't get over it. Which is the majority of us. Even me most times. It is a work in progress. I'm not going to let people tell me bald is ugly because it isn't going to help me or other bald men/women with their lives and being successful.

Comment

• balding1983
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Diffuser44
                                These posts showing women hating on bald men don't do us men suffering with hair loss any favors. You could probably just as well find posts of women grossed out by men with long hair, or penises in general for that matter. I personally have started to become proud of my baldness. I don't shave it but rather keep it at a #2 and sometimes grow out the facial hair.

I don't need to let my self image be deteriorated by shallow dimwitted girls / guys pretending to be girls online. What kind of girl do you think takes the time to hate on bald men online. Most likely the ugly ones with low self esteem and poor self image themselves.

I understand most men who go bald develop poor self images. Sure you are bald, and that does have an effect on the way others look at you and how you look at yourself. But if your personality is charming, you genuinely aren't affected by your baldness in a negative way (which is very hard to do) you can be "normal".

It's the people that can't change their self image of being bald to a positive one that suffer and can't get over it. Which is the majority of us. Even me most times. It is a work in progress. I'm not going to let people tell me bald is ugly because it isn't going to help me or other bald men/women with their lives and being successful.
                                What are the 'positives'?

Comment

Working...