Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Seuxin
    Yes, Bim as powder si very very expensive, but, if the "real" bim for hair is released.
    It will be in one year ? two year ? Any idea ?

Thanks
    Allergan and it's new company that just purchased it has alot of money in the research department so if they do get good results from the trial to the point where investors are satisfied(let's say minoxidil gives 10% growth, BIM will probably need to achieve 20-25% growth minimum for investors to want to push forward with a phase III, just a guess not saying that's exactly what's needed). Then Phase III would start within a few months and they could even simply do a 6 month trial instead of year.

So essentially, best case scenario christmas 2015, worst case probably end of 2016 if they still push forward with phase III.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

Does anyone know if bim needs to be used consistently like minoxidil in order to keep up it's effectiveness? In other words, will any improvement be lost if I stop using it in certain areas while on fin? Thanks!

Comment

• Seuxin
        • Jan 2014

I'm pretty sure it will be like minox. Maybe one time a day instead to two time, but after using, the effect will be reversed...logical...i think

Comment

• inbrugge
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
          Does anyone know if bim needs to be used consistently like minoxidil in order to keep up it's effectiveness? In other words, will any improvement be lost if I stop using it in certain areas while on fin? Thanks!
          Don't quote me on this but I think it's "advertised" as short term use, not long term.

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by inbrugge
            Don't quote me on this but I think it's "advertised" as short term use, not long term.
            I havent seen it advertised as anything but the only positive results ive seen have come from applying it every day for at least 3-4 months, it's doubtful you can maintain that without continuing to apply it everyday or at least every other day.

Comment

• wilymon
              • May 2011

What website should we be watching for the news? Other than this forum, of course

Is there any indication as to which day the results will be released?

Comment

• Hairismylife
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                I dont think we are so lucky to have a one-time treatment.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                  I dont think we are so lucky to have a one-time treatment.
                  Well how I meant it was use it for a number of months to fill in some spaces that fin can't take care of. I'm assuming since they're being "brought back to life" that you don't have to continue to use it, once those hairs have been regenerated and fin is supposed to maintain what you already have. Minoxidil seems so weak, takes so long to show any result, and doesn't directly affect prostaglandins like bim does.

Comment

• ChemicalBrother
                    • Jan 2014

fin is 'supposed' to maintain ... important part in there is "supposed" (same goes for Dut)
                    I've been on Fin and Dut for over 10 years ---> still going bald , only slower than I would have without the meds (I'm guessing)

Comment

• lifelonglearning
                      • Jun 2014

Where we can buy some of this stuff or latanaprost, Id like to try it on my hairline

Comment

• robodoc
                        • Aug 2009

Right, Lantanoprost should work easily as well as the Bimatoprost. I used Latanoprost for several months and noticed no change, nada. I use to buy 6 bottles at a time from Costco for about $58 I believe. I am not sure the opthalmic strength was appropriate for hair growth however.

Comment

• baldybald
                          • Jul 2012

this will not do anything guys, sorry. the solution of balding is more complicated.

Comment

• rambo007
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by baldybald
                            this will not do anything guys, sorry. the solution of balding is more complicated.
                            If only Allergan knew you and discussed their trial with you, they would not waste a lot of money...

Come on, I agree we shouldn't have high expectations but don't make statements like that, being just bro researcher.

Comment

• baldybald
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by rambo007
                              If only Allergan knew you and discussed their trial with you, they would not waste a lot of money...

Come on, I agree we shouldn't have high expectations but don't make statements like that, being just bro researcher.
                              here we have rogain, what is rogain doing? nothing just creating fuzzy hair. trust me this medication will not be better than minoxidil.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by baldybald
                                here we have rogain, what is rogain doing? nothing just creating fuzzy hair. trust me this medication will not be better than minoxidil.
                                Rogaine doesnt do much doesnt mean Bim is not better.
                                What does your starement base on?

Comment

Working...