My Finasteride Story so far...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desmond84
    • Oct 2012

Oh no! mpb that is horrible. Really sorry to hear that brother. We're not far from CB-03-01 hopefully. Hang in there. Maybe try and maintain using Minox for another 2 years and then your sweet CB-03-01 is just around the corner and is coming through pretty strong.

Comment

• stan
      • Jun 2014

Hey Des!

As usual thanks for responding to our queries. Can you post a pic of your scalp if you dont mind brother? I am in no way doubting your credibility just want to see how effective your dosage with respect to the severity of MPB.

Another question is why do some people dont see results? Like i am 24 year old male (25 in Oct) and going to NW 3 very steadily (At present a NW 2). I upped my dosage .25 mg to .5 mg (past one month) and in totality i am 7 months in with fin. My MPB is not that aggressive yet i dont see results. Please if you could shed some light that would be great. Have a good day brother.

Comment

• vinnytr
        • Jan 2012

Great to see you guys having great results from lower doses of FIN which makes me want to reconsider going back on it.

Did any of you guys experiencing burning sensation while urinating also experience weak stream ?

I did have this burning fee after quitting FIN without tapering off it. Is not this strange since my prostate should not be shrinking anymore without the affect of FIN on it . I was on 1mg daily for about 10 months.

Btw I have been to doctor about this burning and weak stream problem and after 3 blood , 2 urine test and a full renal tract ultrasound
        everything seems perfectly normal and they cant seem to find any problems :/

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

The burning is probably your pudendal nerve dying - 5AR is designed to convert other sex hormones into neurosteroids which have protective effects over reproductive nerves, which is probably why so many men coming off FIN are diagnosed with penile neuropathy.

Comment

• vinnytr
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by UK_
            The burning is probably your pudendal nerve dying - 5AR is designed to convert other sex hormones into neurosteroids which have protective effects over reproductive nerves, which is probably why so many men coming off FIN are diagnosed with penile neuropathy.
            what does that actually mean and why would quitting FIN be the cause of this ?
            also why couldnt doctors figure that out even though i told them i used FIN and how long for etc ?

Comment

• blondetooth
              • Oct 2014

Its okay to call it cb31 people. No need to get all fancy and put all those time consuming zeros and dashes in there. cb31 is still correct.

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
                Oh no! mpb that is horrible. Really sorry to hear that brother. We're not far from CB-03-01 hopefully. Hang in there. Maybe try and maintain using Minox for another 2 years and then your sweet CB-03-01 is just around the corner and is coming through pretty strong.
                Thanks Des.

It's been about 9 months and crown has started coming back. Right now I have not decided what to do, I will post more later about that, but have to run for now.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by vinnytr
                  what does that actually mean and why would quitting FIN be the cause of this ?
                  also why couldnt doctors figure that out even though i told them i used FIN and how long for etc ?
                  It doesn't matter what it means. Just a bunch of scientific jargon thrown together to try to scare people. UK can't take fin due to sides so he wants to make sure no one else will benefit either so this is his thing, frightening guys so they don't treat their hair loss.

Comment

• mpb47
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
                    Thanks Des.

It's been about 9 months and crown has started coming back. Right now I have not decided what to do, I will post more later about that, but have to run for now.
                    I have a question for those in the know: Awhile back, I read that inhouse now requires an RX for propecia . If I do decide to get back on it, I will eventualy need to refill. Are there any other legit online pharmacys that you can order without an RX? My Dr. has been great about getting what ever I needed for serious medical issues, but she probably thinks propecia is a cosmetic drug and may not be willing to give it to me. I say that based on past experience. I have not decided what to do yet, but want to know my options. Thanks and good luck to everybody.

Comment

• hair questions
                      • Sep 2014

how many pieces do you cut up the 1mg pills? I take Fin 1mg and I don't think I could cut it into more then 2 pieces

Comment

• Lewis Hamilton
                        • Dec 2012

Uk can't take the sides? I'd be more worried about your personality than your hair with comments like that.
                        I'm pleased that Desmond that you feel this is now working for you. I can tell you though, that given your reaction to the drug you will start to succumb to systemic effects long term. It will creep up on you and you'll put it down to other things...
                        All I can say is it isn't worth it, not at all and I'd encourage you to get off it while you can recover.
                        You've been warned.
                        LH,

Comment

• FFS
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Lewis Hamilton
                          Uk can't take the sides? I'd be more worried about your personality than your hair with comments like that.
                          I'm pleased that Desmond that you feel this is now working for you. I can tell you though, that given your reaction to the drug you will start to succumb to systemic effects long term. It will creep up on you and you'll put it down to other things...
                          All I can say is it isn't worth it, not at all and I'd encourage you to get off it while you can recover.
                          You've been warned.
                          LH,

Lewis ?? is that you?

Comment

• Lewis Hamilton
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by FFS
                            Lewis ?? is that you?
                            Yeah man. I hate that german Gunt, Nico...

Comment

• mpb47
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by hair questions
                              how many pieces do you cut up the 1mg pills? I take Fin 1mg and I don't think I could cut it into more then 2 pieces
                              You can get a pill cutter and get 4 pretty easy. Some can do more than that but that was my limit.

Comment

• Bluecarlos
                                • Dec 2014

Hi

My first post on this forum. In my mid 40s and started on minoxidil about 15 months ago and been on propecia about 12 months. Found the minoxidil foam better than liquid from the point of view that it doesn't make my hair greasy and scalp itchy. Been taking 1mg of propecia daily and hard to say if it is working or not. My hair has receeded mainly at the temples and front to Norwood 2 to 3 but no thinning on crown gradually since I was about 20. Have booked in for about 1000 grafts of FUE in July. Side effects wise my libido decreased but not to a problem level, I had a high sex drive before so it's probably more normal now. Have some gesticulate pain now and again but not much. However since last 3 weeks my eyes have become very dry and lids and lower eyes look swelled. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm worried now that if I have to stop propecia I will have to cancel FUE treatment. Last thing I want is the rest to thin out and be left with hair horns at the temples. Any advice welcome please.

Comment

Working...