Replicel's update 23 October 2014

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brocktherock
    • Dec 2013

Either way only a few more years until we have real options. Im on ru now and still shedding after 8 months however I am seeing new vellus and terminal hair in my hairline. I've had absolutely no sides whatsoever either so Im gunna take the finasteride and minox plunge.

Comment

• noisette
      • Jun 2013

RepliCel Lee Buckler Podcast Interview 19 december 2014

Here the last new for Replicel

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by brocktherock
        Either way only a few more years until we have real options. Im on ru now and still shedding after 8 months however I am seeing new vellus and terminal hair in my hairline. I've had absolutely no sides whatsoever either so Im gunna take the finasteride and minox plunge.

Be careful, vellus hair may actually be miniaturized hair that used to be terminal.

Comment

• Sogeking
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by noisette
          Good find but sadly it is mostly about Achilles tendinosis treatment.

Comment

• brocktherock
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
            Be careful, vellus hair may actually be miniaturized hair that used to be terminal.
            There definitely are more vellus hairs visible and if they all went terminal and I increased the diameter of all my hair in general I'd be set. I hope I can get results like you had and maintain with finasteride until histogen comes to the rescue.

Comment

• brocktherock
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
              My hairloss is very similar to yours before you saw results but I have more hair in my crown. I didn't even know if my crown was thinning until last year.

Comment

• FrankieRed
                • Dec 2014

What's RU? ...Sorry, i am new to the site.

Comment

• Swooping
                  • May 2014

Thanks mate .

Comment

• noisette
                    • Jun 2013

Newly Released Peer-Reviewed Publication Further Validates RepliCels Use of Dermal Sheath Cup Cells to Treat Pattern Baldness

Last news for Replicel : https://www.replicel.com/newly-relea...tern-baldness/

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by noisette
                      Newly Released Peer-Reviewed Publication Further Validates RepliCels Use of Dermal Sheath Cup Cells to Treat Pattern Baldness

Last news for Replicel : https://www.replicel.com/newly-relea...tern-baldness/
                      I got this in my email from their newsletter today. Certainly great news if it validates their finding. One word that bothers me though is 'TREAT' rather than cure.

Comment

• diffuseloser
                        • Sep 2014

Thank you. News from Replicel seems to be coming thick and fast. Hopefully it does the same for our hair.

Comment

• TravisB
                          • May 2012

I think that MAYBE in 50 years the baldness mystery will be solved and cured

Comment

• inbrugge
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by TravisB
                            I think that MAYBE in 50 years the baldness mystery will be solved and cured
                            No, my friend, you have it mixed up. This is the world of hair loss. Cure CONFIRMED for the next 5 years ALWAYS no matter what year you're in.

Comment

• inbrugge
                              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by FrankieRed
                              What's RU? ...Sorry, i am new to the site.
                              Ru, is an Anti-Androgen (the testosterone derivative that attacks your hair and causes it to shrink) similar to Finasteride and Dut. The difference is Ru attaches to the AA receptors on your hair follice, whereas Dut and Fin are designed to reduce the amount of DHT (Androgen) your body produces. DHT is pretty important in your body, it has multiple functions so inhibiting it can lead to multiple side effects like erectile dysfunction, gyno, brain fog, etc. Many people get away with Fin or Dut without any side effects, but many are also affected severely.

Ru, because it's not designed to function systemstically but instead locally on your hair follices, is safer ON PAPER. However, when you use it, most likely a portion of what you apply topically and attach to Androgen receptors in your body systematically, thus giving similar side effects as Fin or Dut.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by inbrugge
                                No, my friend, you have it mixed up. This is the world of hair loss. Cure CONFIRMED for the next 5 years ALWAYS no matter what year you're in.
                                Jahoda said 5 years 30 years ago.

Comment

Working...