Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeedHairASAP
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
    I exchanged emails with one of the main researchers (who appears on the patent and as an author of many of the major research papers) and I told him I was taking 144 mg per day. He said a likely more effective and efficient method is to apply it topically if my goal was to prevent hair loss.
    Could she include baicilin in it too?

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by PinotQ
      I exchanged emails with one of the main researchers (who appears on the patent and as an author of many of the major research papers) and I told him I was taking 144 mg per day. He said a likely more effective and efficient method is to apply it topically if my goal was to prevent hair loss.
      At what dosage topical?

Comment

• PinotQ
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Jazz1
        At what dosage topical?
        He didn't say...........I know he has done preliminary research regarding hair but don't know how or if that is proceeding. But in the research article I posted that kicked this off, 1.2% in DMSO completely neutralized DHT. However, DMSO penetrates better than alcohol and we have no idea how much was applied in the study. They used 100 microliters in the less effective .3% surfactant blend (which sounds like an extremely small amount) but that really doesn't say much since we don't know how much surface area that was applied to.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

im interested in buying.

Comment

• Reign
            • Nov 2014

I'm interested as well.

Comment

• Jazz1
              Inactive
              • Aug 2012

Iv emailed her and will try calling tommorow to help you guys.

Comment

• Avacfc
                • May 2013

Any sides with this? I see champ suffers more or less same sides as me so if hes interested so am i!

Comment

• Saltynuts
                  • Dec 2013

Wait a second - I though S equol works by binding to DHT circulating in your blood, not by (like fin or dut) stopping conversion of androgens to DHT.

Comment

• PinotQ
                    • May 2010

At what dosage topical?
                    FYI Assuming my calculations are correct (using this calculator http://www.physiologyweb.com/calcula...alculator.html) and assuming the data sheets from Caymen and Enzo are correct, based on the maximum solubility of equol in alcohol, the maximum concentration for +/- equol (10mg/ml) would be 1% and the maximum concentration for s-equol would be 1.5% (15mg/ml). So I don't think you can increase the concentration beyond that, but you can, of course, increase the dosage by simply applying more product per cm of scalp.

Comment

• johnnyboots
                      • Feb 2011

Jazz thanks for your help,you really care.

Comment

• jridd9
                        • Jun 2014

if this has any efficacy I'll be willing

Comment

• Jazz1
                          Inactive
                          • Aug 2012

Got this email from Susan she's still researching:

I can’t buy from Cayman, they say on their website they only sell to federally-licensed laboratories and qualified academic research institutions
                          I am researching the S-Equol which is a METABOLITE not an active isoflavone.
                          Upon reading the post the guy had to use 540 capsules to prepare 2 oz of solution!
                          Since S-Equol binds to the DHT molecule unlike Finasteride which blocks conversion I would imagine more estrogenic effects and less libido.
                          Here is one of the research articles I found!
                          The issue was published in April 2004 and contains articles on the following topics: minireview, embryo, gamete biology, ovary, pregnancy, reproductive technology, testis, environment, immunology, neuroendocrinology and male reproductive tract

Comment

• PinotQ
                            • May 2010

Got this email from Susan she's still researching:

I can’t buy from Cayman, they say on their website they only sell to federally-licensed laboratories and qualified academic research institutions
                            I am researching the S-Equol which is a METABOLITE not an active isoflavone.
                            Upon reading the post the guy had to use 540 capsules to prepare 2 oz of solution!
                            Since S-Equol binds to the DHT molecule unlike Finasteride which blocks conversion I would imagine more estrogenic effects and less libido.
                            Here is one of the research articles I found!
                            http://www.biolreprod.org/content/70/4/1188.full
                            Jazz1, You might want to direct Susan to the Nature Made site for more background information and links to studies: http://www.naturalequol.com/about.html This link takes you directly to the page that shows the % of natural equol producers around the world. There is also a page on pharmokinetcs and research studies. Anecdotally, I have experienced no side effects at large doses.

Comment

• jridd9
                              • Jun 2014

Equol administration appears to have potential beneficial effects for prostate health and other 5alpha-DHT mediated disorders. Equol administration: reduces PSA levels from LNCap cells under 5alpha-DHT stimulation, decreases rat prostate size, decreases serum 5alpha-DHT levels and androgen hormone a …

this study done of human cells (not rats) it had no effect on LH production (stimulates testosterone release) or any other circulating hormone levels while decreasing prostate weight and lowering free dht levels.

Also seeing as susan also sells a lot of anti aging skin products buying the powder may have multiple uses (pubmed show a number of articles citing its anti-aging effects on skin)

Comment

• graywall
                                • Dec 2014

This seems so promising, I hope we can find a reliable supplier.

Comment

Working...