Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

3 mm on top and 0,5 mm on the sides.

I shave every three weeks now, while prior to the FUE, I was forced to shave every week to look decent.

You can still see my hair under harsh light but anyone with a shaved head, even if he is NW1, will look almost bald under bright lights.

Comment

• aim4hair
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fred970
      3 mm on top and 0,5 mm on the sides.

I shave every three weeks now, while prior to the FUE, I was forced to shave every week to look decent.

You can still see my hair under harsh light but anyone with a shaved head, even if he is NW1, will look almost bald under bright lights.
      Looking good bro. I think going for the buzz cut is the best option for advanced cases since going for long hair will look so thin in most cases specially under lights.

Can you get away with 6mm+ ? or does it just look think and unnatural at that length ??

Thanks,

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

I can get away with more than 6 mm, even now with 35% of my final result. It still looks natural, but it's just less aesthetic than cutting it very short at the moment.

Comment

• fred970
          • Nov 2009

6 Months Update

6 months update

Still improving. I think it's not bad since it's supposed to be only 40-50% of the final result.

The pictures

And here are other pictures with a higher resolution:

All your comments are welcome .

Comment

• Munkynutz
            • Aug 2014

Looking good man.

Comment

• Rodfarva
              • May 2014

Looking good! How are you doing redness-wise? Have many people been able to tell?

Comment

• hairuk84
                • Nov 2014

looks great!

Comment

• fred970
                  • Nov 2009

Thanks guys! I've had redness for a few days after the crusts fell off but that's all. I usually don't get any redness after sugery or an injury.

No one has told me anything. And even when I tell them, they don't believe me and think I'm playing with them... until I show them the pictures.

Comment

• vinnytr
                    • Jan 2012

6 month result is looking very good and it can only get better now

price seems very reasonable as well, how much of that was the actual transplant cost ?

did he extract all 2000 grafts before planting them in the recipient or does he extract and plant a certain amount at a time ?

Comment

• fred970
                      • Nov 2009

It is 5000€ for 2000 grafts with De Reys .

He first harvested a few hundred grafts, then he implanted them 30 min later.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                        • Aug 2010

Hi Fred!
                        You mentioned that most people wouldnt be able to see u suffered hair loss once you shave it down on sides and on top - do you have a picture of your hair that length? Do you use any concealer?

And lastly what were your thoughts on scarring beforehand. It looks like you have non now, however were you worried that the scars would be visible if buzzing your hair down? For me this is the main reason against having a hair transplant. Being forced to wear my hair longer to hide the scars which might in reality make my hair look worse than it did before having the transplant and being able to buzz it fairly short. Were you able to see pictures of patients donors before deciding?

Comment

• fred970
                          • Nov 2009

With a 0,75 mm punch, it would be impossible to see the scars with the naked eye.

My surgeon really reassured me about it. And it seems he was right.

You can see the donor with my head shaved down here:

You shouldn't be concerned about scarring, we're talking about microscopic scars here.

This is an argument against FUE I read about too often. And it's unfounded for the most part.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                            • Aug 2010

Yes, that picture is really impressive! However I have been quoted more 3500 grafts approximately so might be more visible after a larger procedure than your 2000 grafts. Also I asked the clinic I contacted about scarring and they replied that they ask all clients to at least leave 1 cm of hair for the scarring to be invisible, which sounds like a lot to me.

However your results are really impressive and I am of the idea that some hair on top is better than none, as long as you are still able to cut it short and neat. Do you have any possibility to show us what your hair looks like when you have it shorter?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                              Doctor Representative
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by fred970
                              With a 0,75 mm punch, it would be impossible to see the scars with the naked eye.

My surgeon really reassured me about it. And it seems he was right.

You can see the donor with my head shaved down here:

You shouldn't be concerned about scarring, we're talking about microscopic scars here.

This is an argument against FUE I read about too often. And it's unfounded for the most part.

Donor looks really good.

Chuck

Comment

• James7
                                • Oct 2013

Hi Fred,

just had a look at your 6 month pics, just wanted to say it looks really really great and it has come along really well
                                I'm very happy for you (I'm sure you must be over the moon too lol)

Also of interest to any forum members is that you were nw5 and no finasteride being used.
                                It did look like your pattern of loss had reached it's final stage, so looks like you will be fine with all the newly placed dht resistent hair.
                                I think I noticed you said you used minoxidil, personally I don't think minoxidil is really worth bothering with (not telling you what to do or anything, it's your choice, that's just my experience of minoxidil).

Anyway man, you have great coverage now, this is fantastic and thank you for sharing
                                denisty now closer/closely match to the sides. donor area also looks perfect.

Cheers,

James

Comment

Working...