Legit clinic in Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BolderBalder
    • Jan 2013

and actually I dont have a huge amoutn of experience maybe someone could comment on my results. am I crazy or is that FUT scar really large?

Comment

• Skepticalme
      • Jul 2014

Give implants more time

Implants look like they're still coming in so give more time. He butchered you in the back. My implants hardly took especially at the hairline. My donor strip scar is straight but very noticeable because my hair is beginning to grey around the nape of my neck and up so when they took the donor area, then pulled up the bottom to suture to the top there is a ridiculous 'demarcation line between grey and brown hair. Like you say we got what we paid for.

Originally posted by BolderBalder
      I got a FUT done here by Dr. Searle, and a tech that was flown out from I believe chicago. Pretty similar experience. I had 1600 grafts placed. They dont list who they use as their surgeon now, as Dr. Searle was indicted for a large marijuana scheme. I pretty much regret going here. The strip scar is pretty wide and it was supposed to be a trichophytic closure. not all the grafts took and now in the recipient area I have some pock marks and scarring as well. I have a consultaiton scheduled with Dr. James Harris in October to discuss either using FUE to cover my FUT scar and/or using FUE to fill in the recipient area. I have attached some pics of both the recipient area and the donor area. the recipient area is not terrible, but not a lot of the 1600 grafts seemed to take and there is some scar tissue and pock marks that I cannot seem to cover. The FUT scar is really the issue. this was supposed to be a trichophytic closure with a few mm scar at most. in the image you can see it is quite large and there is very little hair growing through it. again you get what you pay for.....now i have to spend $$ going to a reputable surgeon to correct what these guys did.

http://s30.postimg.org/5wojla01d/photo_3.jpg

Comment

• BolderBalder
        • Jan 2013

I wish my grafts were still coming in but it will be two years in January so I doubt that. I have started using a dermaroller which may be helping with growing hair, and also on the scar along with silicone gel to try and reduce the scar. Hopefull it will help. Either way I cannot recommend this clinic. They flat out lie telling people they have over 25 years experience when they are using any dr with a license and poorly trained MAs.

Comment

• hairlosskills
          • Sep 2014

You guys should look into recell sray on skin by avita medical, regenerative medicine. Ih ave a scar and i will be recelling it in the near future

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Skepticalme
            Implants look like they're still coming in so give more time. He butchered you in the back. My implants hardly took especially at the hairline. My donor strip scar is straight but very noticeable because my hair is beginning to grey around the nape of my neck and up so when they took the donor area, then pulled up the bottom to suture to the top there is a ridiculous 'demarcation line between grey and brown hair. Like you say we got what we paid for.

The donor can be repaired.

FUE is not scarless BTW and FUE cost more than FUT. In the right hands, FUE allows hair to be cut shorter without evidence of scarring. Here is one of Dr. Cole's patients who stopped by yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	After-FUE-Donor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	438944
            Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• BolderBalder
              • Jan 2013

I have consulted with a number of very reputable hair restoration surgeons and all of them say that my head was essentially butchered by this clinic. The sutures were placed far too tight resulting in a zig zag appearing scar in the back that also was so tight that hair never regrew. also most of the grafts were placed FAR too deep resulting in pock mark scarring in the front of my head. many of the grafts never even grew and just left me with permanent ingrown hairs.
              This clinic is a scam. They dont use surgeons. They find doctors who are not surgeons and have little to no experience with hair restoration in order to have a licensed physician. The doctors they have used for the last few years were both writing medical marijuana prescriptions until they were forced to quit doing that.

There is another client that went to this clinic that was butchered far worse than me who was left with horrible scalp necrosis, and was essentially experimented on by Dr. Gerald Searle when Dr searle didnt know what he was doing.
              Last edited by Winston; 11-22-2014, 07:14 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Comment

• jbl
                • Oct 2014

Cancelled my appt with HSC

Thx u BolderBalder!
                Ive been researching hair transplant surgeons for months now and actually had an appt with this clinic this month. After reading your review/experience I cancelled my appt.

Ive narrowed my search to Dr Bernardino Arocha in Dallas; Dr Scott Alexander in Phoenix; and Dr Brett Bolton in Nashville.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I sincerely hope u come out of this on top. I thank u for sharing your experience as u have saved me a lot of heartache and money.
                Best regards : )

Comment

• jbl
                  • Oct 2014

Correction: Appt was not with HSC but with Colorado Surgical Center. Ive suspended all my appts until I do further research. Thx again.

Comment

• DD214
                    • Nov 2014

Typo

Originally posted by DD214
                    BolderBalder, I think I understand your concern with your case but to be honest, when you go on sites like this and make vicious accusations 'saying stay away' from a clinic that has probably done 100's if not 1000's of successful procedures with happy customers, I mean really? What a horrible thing to say just because you didn't like your closure. This is an appropriate response to your situation? And calling them a 'chop shop' and expecting them to respond, converse and resolve your issue (if you asked). Get a grip... These are people you are dealing with. Surgical healthcare professionals who take pride in the work they do. I would take this surgical team over any other in the city when it comes to hair transplants and you were way off base.

I've used this clinic twice in the past year and they did great work. Especially a week ago when I had 2000 grafts done. It's been eight days since the procedure and my grafts are already healed and donor site sutures come out next week. The first procedure I had 1500 grafts done with Dr. Searle, who is no longer there. This time Dr Boland, who has been with the clinic for several years and his surgical assistants redid the suture line by Dr Searle using the trichophytic closure technique and IMO was done perfectly. My suture line hairs completely cover the incision just as the trichophytic closure was intended to do. My 2000 grafts created a perfect and precise natural hairline with maximum density. Just like I asked them to do and I could not be more pleased. Mind you, this was my second surgery and know first hand the cohesive workings of this team. I cannot imagine a better surgical system for hair transplants.

I saw your donor incision and that you wear your hair extremely short. I know the trichophytic closure technique is supposed to hide the incision line but I don't think that includes people who wear their hair like they just left boot camp. I just kinda think it's funny when you have 'surgery' do you really expect by wearing your hair cut so close to the scalp, nothing is going to show? You have to be somewhat realistic.

I'm assuming you told the clinic you weren't happy with your donor incision site and I'm curious what the director, Chris McTyre told you? From my understanding Chris has been doing this a long time and it's hard to believe if one of his patients called unhappy he wouldn't make things right? I'm pretty sure if you just called Chris and told him to redo the donor incision he would have. But that was before you went on your tirade.

Ironically, judging from your previously posted pics of graft sites in the front, the grafts looked like they are coming in just fine.... Looked like a really nice job and graft placements. I didn't see you write anything about that..? In the mean time, you could have easily temporarily grown your hair out a half inch in back and let the ones in front grow and walked around like Elvis until the clinic corrected your trichophytic closure to your liking. Too bad you did you think up that possibility before nuking them on this site.

Opening up lines of communication at this point might not be that easy now that you obviously tried to destroy their reputation on the web. Really below the belt IMO and what you did was not very smart either. A closure that could have been easily addressed and done to your satisfaction turned into a hysterical post that was over the top and overkill.

That's just my two cents but next time you are unhappy with a medical procedure, try the diplomatic approach to resolve your issues before hitting the panic button.

I would be happy to show anyone my 2000 grafts and trichophytic closure done last week if you buy lunch (in South Denver) and answer any question you ask.
                    Sorry about the massive typo in my last post. Above is what I meant to write..
                    Edit timed out before I was able to correct.
                    Last edited by Winston; 11-24-2014, 10:10 PM. Reason: Typo corrected upon poster's request.

Comment

• deciding
                      • Dec 2014

I would like to meet you and see your results.

Comment

• DD214
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by deciding
                        I would like to meet you and see your results.
                        Sure thing. Lots going on this week. How does Monday 12noon at Wahoo's, Hampden/I25 sound?

Comment

• deciding
                          • Dec 2014

meeting yes

That is great
                          Last edited by Winston; 12-04-2014, 09:39 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Comment

• wilbwil
                            • Dec 2014

I also had a bad experience at Colorado Surgical and Hair Institute. I had 1500 grafts which I would say maybe 60% came in and I was left with a big nasty scar due to the skin stretching. I foolishly went back to have a scar revision and ended up with the same problem. I am waiting for the revision to heal all the way and I will be making an appointment with a more reputable doctor to see if the scar can be camouflaged with FUE. The savings was NOT worth it.

Comment

• Strata
                              • Aug 2014

Please check my post.

Comment

• Strata
                                • Aug 2014

Please check my post:

I dont know any others experience at this clinic. I only want to tell my miserable experience at this clinic, CSCHI--- Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute. Website: http://www.coloradosurgicalhair.com/ Two years ago I decided to have my second hair transplantation and found CSCHI online. They said that they had

Comment

Working...