Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinobi
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
    It's a different cell line. Papillae are known to lose their inductivity pretty fast. Hopefullt DSC cells are better for getting things moving again. From a design perspective it makes sense- the DSC cells are on the outside and are like little cups. Always wondered why they don't use these two cell lines together.

Also adorns failed in the economic sense, but their method did prevent hair loss and grow some hair. I just hope that replicel is able to make enough of a lasting difference to be a marketable product. Most guys don't want to spend a lot of money on something that just slows baldness or makes you slightly less bald.
    thats the main problem for me, you cant achieve the best result using only one cell line while the hair need the full spectrum.

Aderans did not fail only for economic reason, but also but they failed to inject the dp cells into the scalp to achieve best result. The 3D dp cells especially was the most difficult to inject while it worked the best on paper and in mice.

Comment

• joely
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shinobi
      thats the main problem for me, you cant achieve the best result using only one cell line while the hair need the full spectrum.

Aderans did not fail only for economic reason, but also but they failed to inject the dp cells into the scalp to achieve best result. The 3D dp cells especially was the most difficult to inject while it worked the best on paper and in mice.

If I were a mouse or a piece of paper I would have sweet hair

Comment

• loseyourself
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
        Your biotech industry analysts are pretty incompetent, much like all other 'analysts'. There won't be anything out on the market before 2016, you can bet your life on that.
        They never said that there would definitely be something on the market - they said that the possibility that something comes out before Replicel was the biggest risk. That is, of all sources of risk, the biggest was the possibility of competition. Considering that they are bullish on the company, they obviously don't think that competitive risk (i.e. something coming out before Replicel is a low possibility, but still the biggest exogenous risk to our returns.) is all that large.

However, it is very likely that they will wait till early 2015 before making any investment because the of the uncertainty around endogenous risk of the product itself - something very common in the biotech industry.

And FYI, these 'analysts' aren't Wall Street Analysts or the idiots on CNBC. Those guys get paid off the process and how fancy their research report looks.

These are hedge fund analysts who those Wall Street guys work for, and who get fired if they don't generate results. Rest assured, if they thought the company (Replicel) was shit, they'd be breaking it up and selling off the scraps before lunchtime. They haven't done that yet, so it's generally a good sign.

Comment

• ParanoiaDestroya
          • Nov 2014

So that's what RepliCel is all about. I now know something about this and hair cloning, after not having done any research on prospective treatments. I just hope that something effective comes along within the next decade. Any idea if that's likely?

Comment

• noisette
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ParanoiaDestroya
            So that's what RepliCel is all about. I now know something about this and hair cloning, after not having done any research on prospective treatments. I just hope that something effective comes along within the next decade. Any idea if that's likely?
            Yes, there will something effective in the next decade, like Follica (http://www.follicabio.com/) or Replicel , Histogen... Wait and see bro

Comment

• ar50
              • May 2013

So even if this works, we don't have a good solution for baldness. We dont have limitless hair on the backs of our head. and if they get they hair from the back, what will cover the back?

I really hope it will work i will turn 24 in january but im so depressed because my top is thinning very quickly now.

Comment

• cookies
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by noisette
                Not yet, In Japan, phase II will begin in Q1 2015 , in German the phase II will begin in the end of this year
                Nope, they'll have to do a phase I safety trail first.

Comment

• noisette
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by cookies
                  Nope, they'll have to do a phase I safety trail first.
                  Yes I make a little mistake, there is a phase 1 clinical trial

"A six-month interim analysis was designed to provide the company with safety information to support the regulatory filing for a Phase 2 clinical trial." But Phase II should begin in the end of this year according to the interview of David Hall and this website : http://hairlosscure2020.com/replicel...sa-conference/

"I was expecting the presentation to be dominated by the company’s achilles tendinosis related work, but there was a good amount of information on the male pattern baldness work (RCH-01) too. As previously discussed on this blog, their phase 2 trials began in Germany in 2014. However, it seems like the Japanese trials have been delayed and moved from late 2014 to the first half of 2015. Both trials will last for 1 year.

They also presented their completed 6-month phase 1 trial results.

Comment

• cookies
                    • Dec 2013

I know they already did a phase I trail in Germany, but they still need to start a phase I trail in Japan, before they can start a second trail in which they determine the right dose.

Comment

• Illusion
                      • Jul 2014

Yes I make a little mistake, there is a phase 1 clinical trial

"A six-month interim analysis was designed to provide the company with safety information to support the regulatory filing for a Phase 2 clinical trial." But Phase II should begin in the end of this year according to the interview of David Hall and this website : http://hairlosscure2020.com/replicel...sa-conference/

"I was expecting the presentation to be dominated by the company’s achilles tendinosis related work, but there was a good amount of information on the male pattern baldness work (RCH-01) too. As previously discussed on this blog, their phase 2 trials began in Germany in 2014. However, it seems like the Japanese trials have been delayed and moved from late 2014 to the first half of 2015. Both trials will last for 1 year.

They also presented their completed 6-month phase 1 trial results.
                      I really appreciate the information man, thanks a lot! But doesn't the above essentially mean that it'll be in Europe before it'll be in Japan? I thought everybody was being enthusiastic about Japan being the first to bring replicel on the market, however reading your post it sounds like Europe (Germany in this case) is going to be the first to bring this product to the market.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

A rational question:

Hair transplants take up to around 1 year and longer sometimes for complete results. These are transplants of completely developed follicles that already grow terminal hairs.

Considering this, why do we expect greater results from Replicel in only 6 months from follicles that may not have (and probably havent) formed into complete, large, terminal hair growing follicles?

Shouldn't we be expecting more definitive results after 1 year rather than just 6 months?

Comment

• noisette
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Illusion
                          I really appreciate the information man, thanks a lot! But doesn't the above essentially mean that it'll be in Europe before it'll be in Japan? I thought everybody was being enthusiastic about Japan being the first to bring replicel on the market, however reading your post it sounds like Europe (Germany in this case) is going to be the first to bring this product to the market.
                          You're welcome bro, yes phase 2 will begin in Germany, first. It will take 2 years approximatly (october 2016). In japan, perhaps only one year if i well understand. With the japan's law, we can have the product more soon than in Europe...

Comment

• Illusion
                            • Jul 2014

You're welcome bro, yes phase 2 will begin in Germany, first. It will take 2 years approximatly (october 2016). In japan, perhaps only one year if i well understand. With the japan's law, we can have the product more soon than in Europe...
                            Oh like that. Got it, thanks again mate!

Comment

• Hairismylife
                              • Jun 2012

What? Phase 1 hasnt started? Thats a bad news!

Comment

• noisette
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                                What? Phase 1 hasnt started? Thats a bad news!
                                Phase 1 is finished for the trial in Germany. Phase 2 will begin at the end of this year bro ! in Japan, only a short phase 1 and phase 2 will begin in Q1 of 2015.

Yes Hellouser, it's a good question.

Comment

Working...