What amount of money would you pay to get a full head of hair back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illusion
    • Jul 2014

What amount of money would you pay to get a full head of hair back?

Title says it all. With a full head of hair I mean the hair you had before it was 'touched' by MPB (or maybe even denser/lower norwood than it has been in the first place as not everyone is born with thick hair and a NW1). We're also going to assume that it will never be affected by MPB ever again. So basically I'm asking you what you would pay for a full blown cure.

Edit: I realise that this is obviously going to depend heavily on ones income, as a millionaire would have more money to spare than a regular office worker would. Still, even though it depends on a lot of factors, I'm interested in the answers of you guys.
  • Jazz1
    Inactive
    • Aug 2012

I rather pay regular income to the greedy industry if there was something like Finesteride that worked my entire life!!

Comment

• Illusion
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Jazz1
      I rather pay regular income to the greedy industry if there was something like Finesteride that worked my entire life!!
      Yeah but still, let's say there was such a treatment. Let's also say you have to take it from this moment to the moment you'll die (let's say 80 years). How much money in total are you willing to spend on it? Like, if you don't want to spend more than 20 dollars a month on it, than that would be 12x(80-your age)x20.

Let's say you're 35 years old now (I'm sorry, I have no idea how old you are ) than that would be 12x45x20 = $10.800. $10.800 would then be the maximum amount of money you'd pay for a total cure.

Do you see where I'm going?

Comment

• Jazz1
        Inactive
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Illusion
        Yeah but still, let's say there was such a treatment. Let's also say you have to take it from this moment to the moment you'll die (let's say 80 years). How much money in total are you willing to spend on it? Like, if you don't want to spend more than 20 dollars a month on it, than that would be 12x(80-your age)x20.

Let's say you're 35 years old now (I'm sorry, I have no idea how old you are ) than that would be 12x45x20 = $10.800. $10.800 would then be the maximum amount of money you'd pay for a total cure.

Do you see where I'm going?
        Im willing to pay what ever so long as the greedy industry give us a treatment cure.

Comment

• kumars
          • Nov 2014

what sort of hair loss is mine ?? plz help

Hi All. I have joined to this forum recently and would like to use the best advantage of this forum. I'm 27 and have shedding hairs. Please refer my attached pictures and tell me wat treatments will be best useful for me. Im taking biotin 800 mcg for 2 months and can say shedding is not much now. Please suggest how to restore my hair.Thx
          Attached Files

Comment

• blondetooth
            • Oct 2014

I would pay everything, plus go into debt as much as possible. There is no dollar amount too big.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by kumars
              Hi All. I have joined to this forum recently and would like to use the best advantage of this forum. I'm 27 and have shedding hairs. Please refer my attached pictures and tell me wat treatments will be best useful for me. Im taking biotin 800 mcg for 2 months and can say shedding is not much now. Please suggest how to restore my hair.Thx
              Damn this is the most hard core hijack of a thread I have ever seen!

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

Just straight up cash today? I would pay $25,000. Any more than that and I would have to do some thinking about it.

Comment

• baldozer
                  • Oct 2012

Not more than 10,000 euros.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by baldozer
                    Oh your European? Nice. Half of my family is, and I am not just talking about my great great grandparents either haha.

Comment

• fred970
                      • Nov 2009

If you're NW6, the current cost of two 2000 grafts FUE megasessions + 500 beard grafts + SMP if you go to cheap places: approximately 13000€

If these procedures are a success, you look like you have half of your coverage back. Therefore, a full-blown cure should cost around 25000€.

I think this would be a fair price, and to anyone who wants to argue with that, I'll say this: you can't put a price on having hair.

Comment

• Illusion
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                        Damn this is the most hard core hijack of a thread I have ever seen!
                        I Was thinking exactly the same haha

Originally posted by baldozer
                        I thought you were cool with being bald?

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                        Just straight up cash today? I would pay $25,000. Any more than that and I would have to do some thinking about it.
                        Originally posted by fred970
                        If you're NW6, the current cost of two 2000 grafts FUE megasessions + 500 beard grafts + SMP if you go to cheap places: approximately 13000€

If these procedures are a success, you look like you have half of your coverage back. Therefore, a full-blown cure should cost around 25000€.

I think this would be a fair price, and to anyone who wants to argue with that, I'll say this: you can't put a price on having hair.

Yeah I think I agree with both of you, $25000 seems reasonable at the moment. I would probably go a little higher but this is going to depend on my age pretty heavily. It's probably not entirely true, but the way I imagine it is that the older you get, the less hair loss is going to bother you. So in my early twenties I'm willing to pay a shitload of cash for a full cure. However, when I'm going into my 40's, the amount will drop down quite a bit I imagine.

Now that I think about it, by the time I'm in my 40's, hair loss treatment is likely going to be way cheaper than it is nowadays. Pretty nice.

Comment

• fred970
                          • Nov 2009

but the way I imagine it is that the older you get, the less hair loss is going to bother you.
                          You're imagining wrong.

Comment

• Illusion
                            • Jul 2014

I'm talking about being way older than now (+30 years). I'm sure I'm going to be kind of paranoid about my hair for at least a few decades from now.

Comment

• ParanoiaDestroya
                              • Nov 2014

Title says it all. With a full head of hair I mean the hair you had before it was 'touched' by MPB (or maybe even denser/lower norwood than it has been in the first place as not everyone is born with thick hair and a NW1). We're also going to assume that it will never be affected by MPB ever again. So basically I'm asking you what you would pay for a full blown cure.

Edit: I realise that this is obviously going to depend heavily on ones income, as a millionaire would have more money to spare than a regular office worker would. Still, even though it depends on a lot of factors, I'm interested in the answers of you guys.
                              Well, I've actually thought about this. Right now I am broke ass broke and can barely get my finasteride prescription filled, but one day, when I have a job wherein I net at least 50k, I'd be willing to give Vic and Jerry at Hasson and Wong $17,000 over time if need be.

But for a full blown cure I would give any savings I had. I would sacrifice a lot for a cure. Obviously I can't put a dollar figure on it, but just believe that I'd pay whatever I had.

Comment

Working...