Small transplant to improve temples... Is this feasible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plan C
    • Nov 2013

Small transplant to improve temples... Is this feasible?

Is it possible to get a very small hair transplant to begin to fill in your temples?

Whilst I seem to have stopped my own hairloss for the time being, I'm not content with the state of my right temple. A clear widows peak has developed, whilst the left temple is still in acceptable condition.

Of the few transplants I have looked at, all of them involve a huge number of grafts and are carried out on people that are high on the norwood scale. Would a surgeon consider doing a minor transplant just to touch up your temples? I'm making decent money this year and can't seem to regrow hair using the conventional means. If such a transplant were possible, I would have no real reason not to go ahead with it.
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

You fill in the temples now , I, willing to bet that later on you're going back to fill in further loss

Comment

• Munkynutz
      • Aug 2014

Of course it is possible. Doctors may charge you a higher premium for a tiny session but your find no shortage of them to do it if you really want to. I don't know how bad your temples are so I cannot gauge what they would tell you from a consultation but it is probable they'd let you know if they felt it was too early during recession.

For me I want to do this myself except I have a well receded hairline which hasn't changed in years now. And I'd aim for a very conservative adjustment to said hairline. It would still end up looking like I had a receded hairline but thicken it up considerably and make it wider and less pointed.

Ultimately I will try rocking the shaved look before I do this for a bit and then start to aim for acceptable coverage with a good short buzzcut (no FUT for me) and if things get progressively worse I will just add whatever hair I need to in order to maintain a reasonably full buzzcut look.

I fortunately have been blessed with a retarded amount of body hair I can use too if needed.

Comment

• Plan C
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DAVE52
        You fill in the temples now , I, willing to bet that later on you're going back to fill in further loss
        What makes you say that?

Comment

• Plan C
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Munkynutz
          Of course it is possible. Doctors may charge you a higher premium for a tiny session but your find no shortage of them to do it if you really want to. I don't know how bad your temples are so I cannot gauge what they would tell you from a consultation but it is probable they'd let you know if they felt it was too early during recession.

For me I want to do this myself except I have a well receded hairline which hasn't changed in years now. And I'd aim for a very conservative adjustment to said hairline. It would still end up looking like I had a receded hairline but thicken it up considerably and make it wider and less pointed.

Ultimately I will try rocking the shaved look before I do this for a bit and then start to aim for acceptable coverage with a good short buzzcut (no FUT for me) and if things get progressively worse I will just add whatever hair I need to in order to maintain a reasonably full buzzcut look.

I fortunately have been blessed with a retarded amount of body hair I can use too if needed.
          Would this kind of procedure involve a fue or fut transplant?

Comment

• Munkynutz
            • Aug 2014

Body hair would be FUE. I'd never do FUT I'd rather shave I think. Can't rely on your hair to stay on your head.

Which answers your other question to: if you are young and have a receded hair line it's hard to say how bad it'll get which is why Dave said you might find yourself needing more.

How bad is your hairline? Or just a little bit and okay? And how old?

Comment

• Plan C
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Munkynutz
              Body hair would be FUE. I'd never do FUT I'd rather shave I think. Can't rely on your hair to stay on your head.

Which answers your other question to: if you are young and have a receded hair line it's hard to say how bad it'll get which is why Dave said you might find yourself needing more.

How bad is your hairline? Or just a little bit and okay? And how old?
              My Dad is completely bald, which supports Dave's view. I started losing my hair at 16 but since then it has virtually stopped; I'm now 21 and on dut and RU. Unfortunately, I didn't get on treatment early enough to prevent my right temple developing an NW2 widows peak. Now I look odd as my left temple is in better condition - I want a small transplant to even them up.

Comment

• Jazz1
                Inactive
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Plan C
                My Dad is completely bald, which supports Dave's view. I started losing my hair at 16 but since then it has virtually stopped; I'm now 21 and on dut and RU. Unfortunately, I didn't get on treatment early enough to prevent my right temple developing an NW2 widows peak. Now I look odd as my left temple is in better condition - I want a small transplant to even them up.
                Do as I said carry on with what you just bought and get an 1mm roller should help regrowth.

Comment

• Plan C
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
                  Do as I said carry on with what you just bought and get an 1mm roller should help regrowth.
                  I'm impatient man.

Comment

• DAVE52
                    • Sep 2010

What makes you say that?
                    You are 21 . Too young to predict future hair loss, BUT if you do experience further loss you will look silly with hair at the temples and bald everywhere else which will force you to go back and even it up . It will turn into a never ending battle that you may regret later on in life

Comment

• Sean
                      • Jan 2011

not a lot of docs can create proper temples. temples are a key ingredient to framing the face. if done properly, they can greatly enhance your look. did you try looking at FUE temple restoration cases? take a look at European cases, Turkish cases, they seem to have a lot of temporal work involved. good luck

Comment

• Vincent777
                        • Nov 2014

Hey, I am planning to do the same thing. I was born with a big forehead and I'm 28 now and I am receding at the temples as well as hair thinning at the front. I am considering Dr Hakan Doganay from Turkey, I heard of him on BaldTruth.com and he is recommended by The American Hair Loss Association and The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons. I am not advertising him, it's just the doctor I am considering at the moment, sorry if I broke some anti-advertising policy on this forum that I am wasn't aware of.

I am planning to do this in February as I want my to grow my long hair back again so the sooner the better since I need two years to grow hair till my shoulders.

Comment

• Vincent777
                          • Nov 2014

What makes you say that?
                          I think you're in the same dilemma as me at the moment. And that is whether I want to make my hairline perfect for the time being and risk of spending a good portion of my grafts from the donor area that I could use in the future if I start losing my hair even more or being economical and saving the grafts for later when I might need them more.

It's an interesting dilemma I have to say. The thing is I cannot predict how much I will lose my hair in the future since nobody is bald in my family but I think I inherited the big forehead and Vincent Price hairline from my paternal grandfather who unfortunately passed away and I have very few pictures of him so I am not sure what he's hair looked like when he was younger. He still had it at the age of 82 when he passed but with massive receding at the temple areas and I am not sure how thin it was at the front.

Comment

• gillenator
                            • Dec 2008

Always consider family history for the men with MPB on either side of the family. If they are not using effective hair loss meds, then thw worst case scenario should be considered.

But it's the scientific fact that MPB is progressive for anyone who has MPB. And so placement of any of the grafts whether it's the temporal lobe areas or the commencement of the hairline should be considered from that viewpoint, a mature placement and position.
                            "Gillenator"
                            Independent Patient Advocate
                            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...