Treatment without Propecia/Finasteride

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Startingtorecede123
    • Jun 2014

Why did he say Minoxdll was a waste of money?
    I don't get it...

Comment

• Haircure
      • May 2014

Originally posted by Startingtorecede123
      @ThePhoenix
      A ****load of hair falls from my head, its much more than 100 a day, thats what I am worried.

I dont think its being replaced because sometimes I pull hair from my head, apparently theres nothing, but when I look carefully I see very small/curly(my hair's straight) miniaturised hair

What laser combs do you recommend?
      Phoenix is definitely misinformed, yes laser treatments are FDA cleared, but only for safety and not for effectiveness and efficacy. Like many others on this and other forums who have tried laser treatments will tell you, it's not worth it.

With regards to your hair, it looks fine, might have the slightest bit of recession, but no one would think you have hair loss. Unfortunately beggars can't be choosers, and if you do have hairloss the only treatments we have now are Finasteride and minoxidil, both of which must be used daily. Finasteride has been tested for over 20 years so in terms of long term effects, it has been proven to be pretty safe and most people don't get sides. Again it's your choice how much hair means to you.

Comment

• Haircure
        • May 2014

I don't get it...
        I think he meant that minoxidil isn't as effective as finasteride nor does it have a high success rate. If I were you, at this point I wouldn't worry about hairloss, because stress is definitely a factor and may well increase your hairloss further. You have a really good head of hair, enjoy it.

Comment

• tarzan
          • Sep 2014

Minoxidil

I don't get it...
          He said that the hair/scalp cannot absorb topical treatments into the follicle as the skin barrier wont allow it...Like you I found this strange since the other surgeon prescribes it, yet it goes to show that not all experienced trained surgeons are in agreement as to what works best

Comment

• Startingtorecede123
            • Jun 2014

@haircure I wish most people agreed with you, but my friends are already starting to make fun of me thats tough....
            I would say I am norwood 2 -3.
            What norwood state am I at according to you guys?

@tarzan
            That sucks doesnt it?

Comment

• tarzan
              • Sep 2014

From your photos you still have a great head of hair with not a hint of a bald patch on the crown or noticeable frontal recession. A very small dose of finastiride or propecia like 1.25mg per day is unlikely, in my humble opinion, to have any major impact on your libido/fertility in the long term....it may stop or greatly slow down further loss and thicken out hair that is starting to thin out, if you catch it early. I know fears over side effects [I am now on 5mgs per day, a fourfold increase over what I used to be on for past few weeks and no loss of libido]] but you have got to think of how you would feel about life in 10 years time or less if you had a big bald patch on your vertex and a middle aged man's fringe even though you would still be in your 20's!

Comment

• Jacobjm
                • Nov 2014

Got much information regarding hair loss treatment after reading the comments.

Comment

• ParanoiaDestroya
                  • Nov 2014

I agree with Notcoolanymore. Think about using Rogaine until you are old enough to be prescribed finasteride. That's your best bet. And I know you don't want to take finasteride (you've clearly got time to think about it) but consider that pretty much everything has side effects, and finasteride has an excellent safety profile.

Comment

Working...