Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakewheat
    • Aug 2013

Should I shave my head

I'm 18, and in high school. I'm just about to be a junior, (don't ask why please). I'm just wondering if I should do the big switch. I want to know if I have the body type, head type, and if I'm far enough along to start to shave my head.
    Attached Files
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

Summer's coming up- buzz it shorter - you'll be fine
    Take a while to get used to but then just move on

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Jakewheat
      I'm 18, and in high school. I'm just about to be a junior, (don't ask why please). I'm just wondering if I should do the big switch. I want to know if I have the body type, head type, and if I'm far enough along to start to shave my head.
      I think you should shave your head to see how you like the look. "Hair Skin and Nails" by Buried Treasure has MSM which can speed hair growth in case you really aren't happy with the look. The other ingredients are generally beneficial to hair growth although vitamin deficiencies that affect hair are generally rare. Just type in homeless men in Google and hit "Images". It's amazing how many have full heads of hair and I doubt many homeless men have healthy diets. One of my friends sent me an email today asking about zinc for improved hair growth. I asked Dr. Cole and he believes vitamin D is more beneficial. I remember when I was in High School. I hope yours is a better one than the one I attended.

[I]35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• JDW
        • Mar 2012

You still have a lot of hair, no need to shave your head if you don't want to man

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

I would just start of buzzing it and see what you think. No need to shave it completely down at the moment.

Comment

• rominga
            • Jul 2014

I think that buzzing is just fine for you

however if you want to shave here is tutorial on how to

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Just keep it short, Im an NW3 and I basically do 1 inch on the top and 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch on the sides, it looks decent.

Fully shaving my head would make me look worse as it doesnt frame my face as much, I can pull it off but I dont look my best with it.

Comment

• jaycich
                • Aug 2014

A little bit shorter and you're good.

Comment

• ThisSucksDude
                  • Nov 2012

bro.. i say go for it and shave it.. I'm like 5 years older than you and only started shaving my head 3 months ago but I think the way to look at it is.. It's not going to get any better, its only going to get worse. So what's the point in keeping a visible imperfection? I'd say start with a buzzcut, like the lowest guard on a haircutter.

Comment

• nursedude22
                    • Sep 2014

SHAVE it
                    Guys with blonde hair to light brown hair pull off the shaved look a lot better IMO.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

Have you shaved it? Until you have you shouldn't recommend that others just "shave it". Easier said than done.

Comment

• RanDave
                        • Nov 2014

Hi,
                        I think there is no need to shave your head. Your hair cut is short and looks normal.

Comment

• mariechin1234
                          • Dec 2014

I guess your hair is fine. No need to do hair cut at the moment but if you want a new look and is comfortable with it, go and visit a hair stylist.

Comment

• Jasari
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by Jakewheat
                            I tried the shaved head for a year. While it does a good job of masking hair loss, the year long experiment left me with the impression that a very short buzz [Whilst highlighting hair loss more visibly] looks a little less harsh [Especially when you have fair skin].

I think the face just needs that little bit of contrast to break it up. In your case you still have a decent amount of hair. The current hairstyle doesn't look too bad. I would definitely avoid shaving & perhaps just buzz it a little shorter.

Comment

Working...