What else can I try? Running out of options - please help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plan C
    • Nov 2013

What else can I try? Running out of options - please help.

Hi all,

I suffer from aggressive MPB (my father's hairline begins on the back of his head and at my age he was a NW2 or 3). To date, I have tried fin, dut, Revita, Regaine, RU and Neogenic. Only RU and dut have managed to slow the receding at my hairline, however I still can't quite manage to stop it once and for all.

What else is there that I can try? I know that regrowth is probably unattainable, but I would be so pleased if I could retain what hair I currently have for the forseeable future.

A few treatments that I've been considering are sprio cream, saba gel, Lipogaine and Promox. Are any of these likely to work?

Please help me out. I desperately want the receding to stop.
  • SolarPowered Man
    • Aug 2013

I'm re-growing with dut, minox and any keto shampoo for the past year.
    Have you tried a combo over a long duration?

Comment

• Plan C
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SolarPowered Man
      I'm re-growing with dut, minox and any keto shampoo for the past year.
      Have you tried a combo over a long duration?
      I've been using minox for years, Revita for roughly a year and dut for 4 months. However, prior to using dut, I used fin for a year and had no success.

Comment

• SolarPowered Man
        • Aug 2013

I had a massive shed with that shampoo. Bin it. Get niz or generic.

Comment

• Plan C
          • Nov 2013

I had a massive shed with that shampoo. Bin it. Get niz or generic.
          Appreciate the comments but I can't imagine changing shampoo is the answer to my problems.

Comment

• Kudu
            • Nov 2013

Try PRP if money isn't an issue, I've heard SABA gel works well with minoxidil and that there can be some regrowth. Best of luck.

Comment

• Plan C
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Kudu
              Try PRP if money isn't an issue, I've heard SABA gel works well with minoxidil and that there can be some regrowth. Best of luck.
              Unfortunately, I don't know how to make saba gel. It's a mystery why there isn't a guide on how to make the stuff.

Comment

• SolarPowered Man
                • Aug 2013

That shampoo is the first issue to contend with.
                It has too many ingredients that react against each other. Get a more basic Keto shampoo. I with through exactly what you went through. Then I shaved my head goes I was so fend up. Your hair loss will stop. This is your first step.

Second step is to know your dut is legit. Take dut, minox, and a basic Keto shampoo for 2 - 3 days a week for 1 year. You hair regrowth will start to plateau after a year.

Third step after 1 year. Add a hydrocortisone cream to your regime. I am experimenting with at the moment. I doing 3 weeks on and 1 week off atm. This is your Saba gel. But my cream is a cheap OTC cream with 0.5% of hydrocortisone. Result so far plateau is over and regrowth has began again.

Comment

• Plan C
                  • Nov 2013

That shampoo is the first issue to contend with.
                  It has too many ingredients that react against each other. Get a more basic Keto shampoo. I with through exactly what you went through. Then I shaved my head goes I was so fend up. Your hair loss will stop. This is your first step.

Second step is to know your dut is legit. Take dut, minox, and a basic Keto shampoo for 2 - 3 days a week for 1 year. You hair regrowth will start to plateau after a year.

Third step after 1 year. Add a hydrocortisone cream to your regime. I am experimenting with at the moment. I doing 3 weeks on and 1 week off atm. This is your Saba gel. But my cream is a cheap OTC cream with 0.5% of hydrocortisone. Result so far plateau is over and regrowth has began again.
                  Tempted to take your advice. What % keto shampoo would you recommend?

My dut is definitely legit.

How often do you use hydro cream? Daily? Why should I wait a year before considering it?

Comment

• SolarPowered Man
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Plan C
                    Tempted to take your advice. What % keto shampoo would you recommend?

My dut is definitely legit.

How often do you use hydro cream? Daily? Why should I wait a year before considering it?
                    I use a generic keto shampoo from the pharmacy which is otc. It is 2% keto and I use it only twice a week. Nizarol is the original if you can't find a generic one.

I waited one year on the same regieme because I wanted to experience the plateau for myself.

And I use hydro cream every day and night after the minox has soaked in. If I was to get a 1% cream I would just rub it on every night.

Comment

• Plan C
                      • Nov 2013

I use a generic keto shampoo from the pharmacy which is otc. It is 2% keto and I use it only twice a week. Nizarol is the original if you can't find a generic one.

I waited one year on the same regieme because I wanted to experience the plateau for myself.

And I use hydro cream every day and night after the minox has soaked in. If I was to get a 1% cream I would just rub it on every night.
                      Doesn't 2% shampoo tend to make your hair look awful though?

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

I would use Regenepure DR and NT, 2% nizoral is harsh and fries your hair, also I would not use hydrocortisone long term alone unless your adding tretinoin.

I have been washing my hair twice a day with Regenepure rotated with revita for 3 years. Don't forget to add a good conditioner Jason's thin to thick is the best.

Comment

• Plan C
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
                          I would use Regenepure DR and NT, 2% nizoral is harsh and fries your hair, also I would not use hydrocortisone long term alone unless your adding tretinoin.

I have been washing my hair twice a day with Regenepure rotated with revita for 3 years. Don't forget to add a good conditioner Jason's thin to thick is the best.
                          To be honest, I can't see myself switching from Revita, I think it makes my hair look much better than Regenepure DR. I actually already use Jason TTT for my first shower of the day and it's excellent.

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Plan C
                            To be honest, I can't see myself switching from Revita, I think it makes my hair look much better than Regenepure DR. I actually already use Jason TTT for my first shower of the day and it's excellent.
                            I buy the 1litre Revita bottles work out cheaper.

Comment

• Plan C
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
                              I buy the 1litre Revita bottles work out cheaper.
                              Wasn't aware you could get those. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Working...