Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
    I'm assuming you've asked them that very question, so what was their answer?
    Yes, I asked them, so did others. They always come up with some BS answer. I think you saw my result, right ? In my case they simply said "Well yeah after 3 HST's you will start to see noticable thinning". When I asked them why (cause it shouldnt be the case, heck, it shouldnt even be the case with FUE !), they simply didnt reply. They just do not have an answer (well they have, but they wont tell you of course that it's all al lie). This guy asked a similar question and posted his story on the Dutch forum:

Ik ben namelijk bij hem op consult geweest, dr Gho zal nooit iemand een volle haardos kunnen teruggeven.
    En wel hierom, hij zegt t namelijk zelf gewoon. Tijdens mijn consult adviseerde hij mij 1600 grafts voor de haar lijn en om volgend jaar terug te komen om het achter de haarlijn vol te gooien. Maar mijn kruin moest ik niks aan laten doen omdat je moeder natuur toch nooit zou kunnen kopieren. Dit waren exact zijn woorden, ik wist niet hoe gauw ik daar weg moest komen.

Ik snapte heel deze gozer niet meer, wel beweren dat het donorgebied teruggroeit want dat is het probleem niet zegt ie. Nou wat is dan wel het probleem?
    Hij zei het ook met zo een gezicht van dat er eigenlijk toch wel een probleem is . Niet dat ik het verhaal geloof dat het donorgebied teruggroeit want als dat het probleem niet is, dan heb je ook geen probleem!!
    Just saw that Google translate sucks on this one, so let me translate:

I went for consultation to Gho. Gho wont ever give anybody a full head of hair. He even says so himself. At my consultation, he advised me 1600 grafts for the hairline and to come back next year to thicken up the area behind the hairline. But I shouldnt do anything about my crown area, because you simply cant copy mother nature. These were exact his words, I didnt know how fast to get the hell out of there.

I didnt understand Gho anymore: claims that donor grows back, so that isnt the problem. So what IS the problem ? He said it with a face like that there is a problem. Not that I believe the story about regrowth, cause if that wouldnt be the problem, you simply wouldnt have a problem at all
    Basically the same thing: you ask them, WHY cant I get my hair back when donor grows back for 85% ? And they come up with some BS answer. "You simply cant copy mother nature"... WTF !?!?!

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
      Are you implying that Gho soaks follicles in blood other than a patient's own?
      Yup. One of their ingredients for their 'preservation medium is "human serum albumin" and that's not the patient's own.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
        Yup. One of their ingredients for their 'preservation medium is "human serum albumin" and that's not the patient's own.
        That is indeed troubling. Human Serum Albumin Link.

Chuck

Comment

• greatjob!
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
          That's not really something to worry about its just a recombinant protein produced in a transgenic organism just like insulin and human growth hormone.

Comment

• gc83uk
            • Nov 2011

Had another 1200 grafts done today which was my 5th HST, effectively my 7th day in the chair.

All went well, won't go into any detail this time as it's been done to death, however I've asked for a copy of all my pictures since day 1 on a disc, which they will be posting to me, so that will be interesting to see.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Had another 1200 grafts done today which was my 5th HST, effectively my 7th day in the chair.

All went well, won't go into any detail this time as it's been done to death, however I've asked for a copy of all my pictures since day 1 on a disc, which they will be posting to me, so that will be interesting to see.
              Assuming each procedure was 1,200 grafts, then:

7*1,200 = 8,400 grafts

That's a lot of donor grafts.

Comment

• LMS
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                Assuming each procedure was 1,200 grafts, then:

7*1,200 = 8,400 grafts

That's a lot of donor grafts.
                Still, if the regeneration of 85% is true that should only be a loss of 1260 grafts.... so he should theoretically be fine for tons more transplants.

Comment

• gc83uk
                  • Nov 2011

Not quite as impressive as that, I started out very small if you can remember that far back with. 700 grafts because of the type of hair loss I had.

I've now had approx 6200 grafts, which should give me around 8600 hairs up to now.

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by LMS
                    Still, if the regeneration of 85% is true that should only be a loss of 1260 grafts.... so he should theoretically be fine for tons more transplants.
                    Just to clarify Its 6200 in total. I'm one of Hascis biggest fans and even I don't believe that I'm getting 85% regeneration.

Comment

• c5000
                      • Oct 2011

That's great news Gaz.

Where did they place the grafts this time?

Ignoring all the donor regeneration stuff, a photo of the recipient area would be great. I just confirmed my 3rd procedure today so it would be nice to see what a difference another 1200 grafts makes to someone in your situation who doesn't have any actual bald spots anymore, just areas that are thinner than others... should be a great transformation.

I know some people don't really think photos of recipient areas one day after a procedure don't really illustrate much and we should wait for the final result etc, but I always like to see what sort of area can be filled.

Comment

• caddarik79
                        • Feb 2013

Just to clarify Its 6200 in total. I'm one of Hascis biggest fans and even I don't believe that I'm getting 85% regeneration.

who knows? did they say something about your potential for next procedures?

Comment

• gc83uk
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by caddarik79
                          who knows? did they say something about your potential for next procedures?
                          Hi mate, yes Deborah thinks I can come again, but I'm not sure myself. I'm going to wait and see how my donor is looking. I even asked them about beard hair to put in my scars in my donor area. They told me they can do it but that they are not experts at that. They have done it recently for some Italian patients according to Deborah.

Btw I actually think Deborah is the best there, probably better than Gho himself because Gho might do only 1 or 2 procedures per month, but Deborah does is it everyday. She even said herself that matters massively.

And of course Rolf is the best at extracting. Marlene makes the best lunch lol.

I went to Maastricht this time, impressive placethey have over there!

I will be posting pictures when they have posted the disc.

Comment

• caddarik79
                            • Feb 2013

Hi mate, yes Deborah thinks I can come again, but I'm not sure myself. I'm going to wait and see how my donor is looking. I even asked them about beard hair to put in my scars in my donor area. They told me they can do it but that they are not experts at that. They have done it recently for some Italian patients according to Deborah.

Btw I actually think Deborah is the best there, probably better than Gho himself because Gho might do only 1 or 2 procedures per month, but Deborah does is it everyday. She even said herself that matters massively.

And of course Rolf is the best at extracting. Marlene makes the best lunch lol.

I went to Maastricht this time, impressive placethey have over there!

I will be posting pictures when they have posted the disc.

not sure yourself? do you mean that you feel depleted?

good idea the beard in the scar, I would not use good grafts for that, I would use body hair.
                            so you have no idea on how many more you could do? I am curious about your ceiling!!!

anyway, you have a bit of time now to enjoy your 5th, you will figure it out yourself, I guess you can easily stay the way you are now for the next 5 years and then, it will be 2019-2020, who knows what will be out!!!

C5000 made some good points!!!

I am more tortured!!!
                            Arashi kind of always point the scam, and you bring me hope!!!

Comment

• gc83uk
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by caddarik79
                              not sure yourself? do you mean that you feel depleted?

good idea the beard in the scar, I would not use good grafts for that, I would use body hair.
                              so you have no idea on how many more you could do? I am curious about your ceiling!!!

anyway, you have a bit of time now to enjoy your 5th, you will figure it out yourself, I guess you can easily stay the way you are now for the next 5 years and then, it will be 2019-2020, who knows what will be out!!!

C5000 made some good points!!!

I am more tortured!!!
                              Arashi kind of always point the scam, and you bring me hope!!!
                              Depleted is a strong word, I just think I need to be careful not to over do it in certain areas. I really regret having the first and second procedure extracted in 'strip zones' like I did. I'm going to take a careful look in the next few weeks I will know myself if I think it's possible. I will be completely honest of course!

Deborah though is expecting me to come back next year for another 1200.

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Depleted is a strong word, I just think I need to be careful not to over do it in certain areas. I really regret having the first and second procedure extracted in 'strip zones' like I did. I'm going to take a careful look in the next few weeks I will know myself if I think it's possible. I will be completely honest of course!

Deborah though is expecting me to come back next year for another 1200.
                                I honestly think that's a very very wise decision Gaz. I really think a thinner density on top is ALWAYS better than an unnatural looking donor. All the best healing ! And btw, yes the Maastricht office is very nice eh, I went there too. And the lunch was really delicious indeed The only thing that disappointed me back then (and this was when I was still believing their regrowth story) was the camera they took pictures with. I had expected them to shoot some good photo's with a DSRL with macro lense. Instead they used some crappy $100 throw-away cam. What's the use of making such crappy photo's I wondered back then. Now I understand it's not in their interest to show the client good photo's

Comment

Working...