Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Keeno,

Sorry if your post went over my head, but if I understand you correctly you are saying that since shaving your head, people have changed the way they treated you. The horseshoe look is pretty bad, especially if you let the sides grow out, but I never really made the connection with NW6/NW7 and pedophilia. Personally I have no doubt that you look much better shaving/close buzzing your head.

Comment

• Keeno
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
      Keeno,

Sorry if your post went over my head, but if I understand you correctly you are saying that since shaving your head, people have changed the way they treated you.
      Yes, without a doubt. I never seriously thought there would be such a change, but I did see immediate results. Being out in public was different immediately and continued to be. The same is true for people I personally knew who had virtually shunned me before, such as one or two people at work, I can say that they changed.

The horseshoe look is pretty bad, especially if you let the sides grow out, but I never really made the connection with NW6/NW7 and pedophilia.
      I never in my right mind made this connection either. But there are a lot of stupid arseholes out there and only people who aren't in their right mind make this connection. People will likely say you should just ignore such people, but if you're getting accused of being a paedophile, then Houston you have a problem. Dealing with the horseshoe is one of the things I did to try to address that problem. Just Google for what people say the paedophile stereotypes are and "bald" or "balding" comes up frequently.

I had to figure out all for myself, what to do about my hair, as people don't tend to tell you exactly how bad the horseshoe look is.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Well I'm glad you decided to shave your head, since it appears to have changed your life. The shit that you had to go through is just plain effed up. It's good you didn't let it defeat you.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
          • Sep 2012

I wouldnt listen to them Keeno...you get tossers out there you said people put their kids next to you so not EVERYONE thinks this...shit happens im afraid...i got hate when i had hair with no sign of hairloss so it dont matter to me regardless.

Comment

• Shelley79328
            • Feb 2014

Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water!!! You can't be serious?? If one did not reproduce because they have a different gene expression than the majority (balding or low IQ or heart defect for example) no one, I mean no one would ever reproduce!!

Comment

• Mike K
              • Apr 2012

Ya know, I have had this same thought about maybe I should just never have kids. I mean the world is overpopulated as it is and there are plenty of other dudes with way better hair genetics out there than me. That being said, I'm glad I was born and other than my hair I consider myself to be a pretty good looking guy. It could be argued that the reason we are on this earth is to reproduce and to not do so is selfish even if you do think you have bad genetics. You could have a son who is shorter, fatter, uglier than you and start balding before you did, but he might be happy as hell just to be alive. Who are you to deny him that? Just a thought.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mike K
                Ya know, I have had this same thought about maybe I should just never have kids. I mean the world is overpopulated as it is and there are plenty of other dudes with way better hair genetics out there than me. That being said, I'm glad I was born and other than my hair I consider myself to be a pretty good looking guy. It could be argued that the reason we are on this earth is to reproduce and to not do so is selfish even if you do think you have bad genetics. You could have a son who is shorter, fatter, uglier than you and start balding before you did, but he might be happy as hell just to be alive. Who are you to deny him that? Just a thought.
                I can not deny someone who does not exist. & I can not see how reproducing w/ a genetic trait as bad as andro alopecia is less selfish than sparing the next generation from yet another set of MPB genes.

Also there are not short fat ugly people who are happy as hell to be alive. At best they can distract themselves from their own situation w/ drugs, TV etc

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                  I can not deny someone who does not exist. & I can not see how reproducing w/ a genetic trait as bad as andro alopecia is less selfish than sparing the next generation from yet another set of MPB genes.

Also there are not short fat ugly people who are happy as hell to be alive. At best they can distract themselves from their own situation w/ drugs, TV etc
                  Not being happy with the way we look can of course be a real downer. My wife and I watched an episode of the TV series "White Collar" last night. In one scene Mat Bomer, Tim Dekay and Willie Garson were sitting in a car waiting for a computer hacker contact to phone them. The computer hacker was played by Lena Headey (Sarah Conner from the Sarah Conner Chronicles). From across the street, looking in the car she requested the handsome guy. Both Mat Bomer and Tim DeKay started to get out of the car. Lena Head said no, the handsome guy in the back, who was Willie Garson pictured below (third from the left). Willie got the girl later in the show.

In real life Willie's look is popular with some women. As women get older they often realize the importance/superiority of inner qualities in men

Willie Garson Interview
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Mike K
                    • Apr 2012

Check out this guy. 4'1" and could not possibly be more bald. He's an actor and stunt performer. His wife is pretty hot for a little person, and he has a son who is over a foot taller than him. I bet you he's happy to be alive. Everybody's always saying, "famous people don't count they weren't bald when they got famous." This dude was never taller than 4'1".

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

His wife is the hottest looking little person I have ever seen.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                        In real life Willie's look is popular with some women. As women get older they often realize the importance/superiority of inner qualities in men
                        Well yes. When aging forces you off the market it makes sense to settle down w/ a stable guy who can provide so you can finish your life in some comfort

Check out this guy. 4'1" and could not possibly be more bald. He's an actor and stunt performer. His wife is pretty hot for a little person, and he has a son who is over a foot taller than him. I bet you he's happy to be alive. Everybody's always saying, "famous people don't count they weren't bald when they got famous." This dude was never taller than 4'1".
                        Yet who here (forum dedicated to a depressing problem) would trade places with him? Nobody

Comment

• baldozer
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                          Who cares about used up older women? They have had their fun with guys they thought were hot and now want to settle down with a beta loser. They don't care about looks at that point of course, but it is due to their desire to leech off from a rich man, and not because they are attracted to such a man.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                            • Jun 2013

Yet who here (forum dedicated to a depressing problem) would trade places with him? Nobody
                            Check and Mate.

Comment

• Mike K
                              • Apr 2012

I wouldn't trade places with him and I know none of us would either I'm just trying to say that his family reproduced with the baldness gene, and he reproduced despite not having excellent genetics and it all turned out ok. If you're bald, and you find a woman you like, and she wants to have kids with you, then you must have turned out ok and your kid will be alright too. I know this is a devastating, unfair part of life, but I don't think it is immoral to reproduce with it.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                                Doctor Representative
                                • Aug 2012

I wouldn't trade places with him and I know none of us would either I'm just trying to say that his family reproduced with the baldness gene, and he reproduced despite not having excellent genetics and it all turned out ok. If you're bald, and you find a woman you like, and she wants to have kids with you, then you must have turned out ok and your kid will be alright too. I know this is a devastating, unfair part of life, but I don't think it is immoral to reproduce with it.
                                The majority of men don't want to lose hair, but hair loss doesn't bother all men or women. For example, we had a man in for scar repair resulting from mohs skin cancer surgery. The long scar affected his temple point and beard area. He just wanted to have the beard and temple areas filled in. He is a wealthy happily married Norwood 6. He expressed no desire whatsoever to address his MPB.

Some women prefer bald men because they find them more masculine.

I remember working with brothers only a few years apart in age. Both were Norwood sevens by their early thirties. One was a recluse with no girlfriends and wore a decent looking hairpiece. The other cut his hair short, didn't seem to care about his hair loss, and he always had women. He was short and overweight. Women generally speaking, prefer good character, an upbeat personality and self confidence.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                                Cole Hair Transplant
                                Phone 678-566-1011
                                The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                                Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...