Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colorado42
    • Aug 2010

Excellent HT experience with Dr Rahal

Recently, I travelled from Australia and had a hair transplant last week with Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada.

In total, Dr Rahal managed to harvest 3918 for this transplant and the breakdown of the grafts were 803 (3's), 2460 (2's) and 655 (1's).

I wanted to post and mention that this was my first hair transplant and that the service and care I received from Dr Rahal and his entire team was outstanding.

The operation was well executed and professional. The entire staff did a great job to reduce stress and anxiety on my part. I felt very little discomfort during and after the procedure and have nothing but praise for the work done by Dr Rahal.

Now I just have to wait to see the results!

I've attached a few images to show where I'm at so far (a week later). I'll add more later as things continue to develop.
    Attached Files
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

Thanks for posting and great pics! Keep us posted on your progress, I love seeing these transformations.

Comment

• njs
      • Aug 2010

I had my ht about 4 weeks ago. Looks like a great job. Waiting kinda sucks though. Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

• lokoloko
        • Jun 2010

Thanks for posting your case colorado..hope you keep updating with pictures

Comment

• colorado42
          • Aug 2010

One month on...

So it's been a month now and all the scabs are out and things are starting to return to normal.

The transplanted hairs are coming out now which is sad but expected. Like many people, I had hoped I'd be that special transplant where the hairs stayed in and kept growing but unfortunately, that's not looking to be the case!

I'll keep posting each month with images.
          Attached Files

Comment

• njs
            • Aug 2010

I had mine 6 weeks ago and half the units you did. I don't think I had the density to do that amount of transplants. Kudos to you and your Doc. How is the doner site doing r u sore? I am still sore at both the doner and recipient sites. I am also numb also. How about you?

Comment

• colorado42
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by njs
              I had mine 6 weeks ago and half the units you did. I don't think I had the density to do that amount of transplants. Kudos to you and your Doc. How is the doner site doing r u sore? I am still sore at both the doner and recipient sites. I am also numb also. How about you?
              Hi njs,

Donor site is doing well. Was more itchy than painful in my case. I feel lucky in that I've had very little pain at all. I do feel a little discomfort up around the crown of my head around the edges of the recipient site though. The numbness however is a different story - I do have some sensation coming back in some areas now but the very back of my head is still quite numb. Sleeping feels quite weird with the numbness and I must say I haven't slept that well since the procedure but I think that will change with time.

I got a haircut yesterday which was a little confronting. They were really good about it but I felt the need to explain my situation to the stylist though. The way I look right now can only get better! The positives of going to a hair cut place outweighed the negatives though. The sides of my head were starting to resemble "Bozo the Clown" so I had to deal with it!

Comment

• dgman21
                • Sep 2010

Colorado
                Was it hard to goto work after the HT?Did you have to explain to everyone and get looks from everyone?
                How much hair are you shedding a day?Is it worse than before the HT?

Comment

• njs
                  • Aug 2010

If you are asking me. I had the ht on Thursday afternoon and went to work on Monday. Not one person noticed. Kinda funny.

I have not had a haircut yet since the procedure. Trying to put it off. It kind of seems all of my hair is in shock. I think my hair growth has slowed but I can't be sure. Usually I get a cut every 4 weeks or so but now it has been almost 7 weeks and I am thinking I am due.

Also still pretty numb from the scar to the crown and pain to the touch in the doner area and also in the recipient area although not severe.

Comment

• colorado42
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dgman21
                    Colorado
                    Was it hard to goto work after the HT?Did you have to explain to everyone and get looks from everyone?
                    How much hair are you shedding a day?Is it worse than before the HT?
                    I took a month off work after the operation so I haven't been there yet. I wore a ball cap for around a month before I left so people have already asked me questions about wearing a cap before I left. I have already told a few of the people at work who are close to me as friends. I'm not really too embarrassed about it. There's nothing we can do to prevent this condition - I'm not yelling about it from the treetops though either!

I am shedding a little hair from around the crown I think - I can see a bit in my hands after washing my hair in the mornings. Many of the transplanted hairs are now gone but I'm not really worrying about that too much. I'll do a reality check in a couple of months and see how things are traveling then before I think about it!

Comment

• colorado42
                      • Aug 2010

2 month mark...

So I'm just over the two month mark with my hair transplant and I'm starting to see some hair appear! I've been finding it fun so far because it's really a reverse process of going bald - I know that sounds obvious... Instead of looking in the mirror checking how much things have deteriorated (as in over the past 5 years), I spend 30 seconds (or more) looking at what's grown each day...! For me, it's exciting to find new strands coming to the surface. I'm still wearing a hat when I go out so I wouldn't say I've gotten away from the "Friar Tuck" monk look that is still very much apparent but, in the right light (dark!), I can see things progressing nicely.

I still have some slight numbness above my donor area but it's much less than before and I am confident it will disappear soon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• ROLEX
                        • Oct 2010

Colarado42 Thank you for your posts - Please keep us posted, you are 15 days ahead of me : )

Can you also post some pictures of the donor area, how is your scar and how well did it heal ?

Are you using minoxidil %5 ? if so how often you use it ? What else do you use to keep them healthier ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Still very early days - grow well - ur in for a cracker
                          Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Winston
                            • Mar 2009

Thanks for posting your progress. I love seeing the process from start to finish. Looking good so far!

Comment

• colorado42
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ROLEX
                              Colarado42 Thank you for your posts - Please keep us posted, you are 15 days ahead of me : )

Can you also post some pictures of the donor area, how is your scar and how well did it heal ?

Are you using minoxidil %5 ? if so how often you use it ? What else do you use to keep them healthier ?

Thanks in advance.
                              Hi Rolex, I've been using a 5% minoxidil mix I purchased at Dr Rahal's office and it's just run out so I'll be switching to 5% rogaine now. I spray it on once in the morning and at night. I'm not using that much - just enough to cover the transplant area. Besides that, I'm just washing my hair each day with a shampoo from L'Oreal Kerastase with the label that reads "Bain Prevention GL" it says it is a densifying shampoo with a materializing effect. (white bottle with a gray lid). I don't know if it's helping but that's what I'm doing so far.

I'll get the camera out and try to get a few shots of my scar in the next couple of days. My scar is healing quite well but there is one small part on my right side that hasn't come up quite as well as the rest. Dr Rahal mentioned that I had scaring from something in my past perhaps and that part might not come up as well as other areas. All in all though, pretty good so far. I'll post some images soon.

Comment

Working...