Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northeastguy
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
    I believe SMP has potential. I have seen some terrible hairlines showcased on the front page of Websites representing companies that do SMP though. If I were considering SMP, I would have the artist do a small test area. A good SMP must simulate hair barely emerging from the scalp. The color must of course match and the "dots" must be tiny. In the work I have seen, the "dots" were simply too large in diameter and only looked natural from a distance. Get up close and you see dots instead of an accurate simulation of hair emerging from the scalp. Not sure if current technology just isn't able to prevent the dots from spreading out or what. One day soon perhaps, 3d printers may be able to generate a solid tattoo substance from a patient's own body tissue that won't be rejected, causing an immune reaction when placed under the skin. Take a look at some of the SMP websites and tell me if you think the low, straight-across hairlines look natural.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    If we were refering to the standard SMP offered by places like HIS, AC, or any other permanent ink procedure, I'd say your spot on. However, trico is differant and I have yet to hear of a complaint regarding dot size or blotching. My stance on using this form of treatment still stands as an option to increase the look of density or help blend scarring. I would never consider using it as a base for a hairline.

Comment

• Californication
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jotronic
      The ink used in our clinic, and that of other clinics trained by Milena, does not cause a rejection response in the body. They are hypoallergenic and by EU law do not contain metal oxides.
      Hey Jotronic, just some questions from the shaved effect thread which I've been following closely! I am considering a procedure for temporary SMP this year or next.

I'm young, diffuse thinning, want to get this done, shave my head, stop worrying about this **** since meds don't seem to suit me. My main questions/concerns are:

-Since I still have a decent head of hair, how does applying temporary SMP fit in with that?
      -It seems like it should enhance the effect, but does the SMP damage the existing follicles at all or hinder new growth?
      - Can I keep applying medications (topical minox, maybe some experimental topicals as well) over the SMP so that I can perhaps maintain my hair while having SMP to improve the shaved look at the thinned out areas?
      - As the SMP fades, will it start looking odd 1.5 years in or so?
      -Any known toxicity issues? And in your opinion, if I keep it shaved to a zero guard, will people be able to tell given that I do still have hair all over my head?
      -I know HIS does three+ sessions at least, sometimes over many months. With your temporary SMP, how do you plan the sessions/touch ups etc, does it make it inconvenient?

I would prefer temporary over permanent but I'm just sure about the logistics of it yet.

Thanks!

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by northeastguy
        If we were refering to the standard SMP offered by places like HIS, AC, or any other permanent ink procedure, I'd say your spot on. However, trico is differant and I have yet to hear of a complaint regarding dot size or blotching. My stance on using this form of treatment still stands as an option to increase the look of density or help blend scarring. I would never consider using it as a base for a hairline.
        Tricopigmentazione
        May be the procedure you are referring to. Their photos look better than most I've seen. I would like to see some large up-close pictures of some heads.

Below, I attached a side by side photo of our patient who had SMP several years ago. As his hair continued to thin on top, the SMP appeared less natural up close. As a solution, he had 2103 grafts placed in the frontal area.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

The tattoo artist who has his name watermarked across the Tricopigmentation photos does some decent looking tattoos as well. As you can see this guy is an artist and an artist is exactly what you need to have scars concealed or hair simulated.

Toni's Website

Toni's Tricopigmentation Photos
          Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

So would you say this procedure is much better suited for defuse thinners? Approx how much does it cost to get a defuse thinner the top of the scalp done? I am interested because I might get one if the price is right

Comment

• northeastguy
              • Feb 2012

Funny you posted this information. I was researching this studio last fall and was pretty impressed with his work. Some of the scar work is quite amazing.

Comment

• northeastguy
                • Feb 2012

Hairthere, can you reach out to me...

[Personal information removed]
                Last edited by Winston; 11-03-2013, 05:23 PM. Reason: Violation of TOS

Comment

• luckyman70
                  • Apr 2013

Hey Joe,
                  How effective is SMP when using it with someone who has somewhat longer hair, only to fill in the crown as a concealor. I am thinking of getting it done here in Vancouver at H&W.

tHX

Comment

• Jotronic
                    • Nov 2008

Lucky,

Judge for yourself Going off of the tone of your post you appear to be in Vancouver. You are welcome to come by and check it out in person if you like. Call the office and we can set it up.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• luckyman70
                      • Apr 2013

looks very very good...three quick questions.

1. How does it look wet with a patient like the one in the video ?

2. Is the price 500 per region or per pass?

3. Is its longevity diminished by being physically active? Lots of workouts (sweat)

Thanks a lot

Comment

• Jotronic
                        • Nov 2008

Luckyman,

That video is of me and I'm in the Vancouver office.

1. How does it look wet with a patient like the one in the video ?

Not as full obviously, but you saw the one photo of my crown when it was damp with one pass of SMP. It helps but it isn't nearly as effective as when dry.

2. Is the price 500 per region or per pass?

Yes.

3. Is its longevity diminished by being physically active? Lots of workouts (sweat)

In some guys, yes. It varies from patient to patient.
                        www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

Comment

• drybone
                          • Dec 2012

Hey Joe.

I grew up in West Vancouver.

What part of Van is your clinic?

Comment

• Hairthere
                            • Sep 2012

Hey Northeast, Just saw your post. I would send you my contact info but do not see any private message options. You can find me on HTN under the same name and PM me there if you like.

Comment

• Jotronic
                              • Nov 2008

Drybone,

We're just two blocks North of VGH overlooking False Creek and downtown, on the corner of Oak and W. Broadway.
                              www.HassonandWong.com

Comment

• luckyman70
                                • Apr 2013

when you say come in to have a look at SMP, do you mean I can view a Smp procedure in progress?

Thanks

Comment

Working...