Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sosa56
    • Jul 2013

Would I be able to have a look at the detail instructions though even if I didn't end up posting my pics online? I know this seems a little selfish as effort has been expended to get the instructions so something should be given in return but I just don't really want to put my hair up for all to see . But the reason I came here in the first place is to benefit from the knowledge and resourcefulness of some of the cool members on here!

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by sosa56
      Would I be able to have a look at the detail instructions though even if I didn't end up posting my pics online? I know this seems a little selfish as effort has been expended to get the instructions so something should be given in return but I just don't really want to put my hair up for all to see . But the reason I came here in the first place is to benefit from the knowledge and resourcefulness of some of the cool members on here!
      I have a feeling everyone will be rolling differently. Watch this video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think I'm going to be using a similar approach;

4 times up and down, 4 times side to side, 4 times diagonally and another 4 times diagonally on the other direction and then finish it off with general rolling all over the head. Keep in mind that he says there's no blood when he uses the microneedling, but that may not be a good thing, as it may mean he's not going in deep enough. The theory is that microneedling will cause wounding, similar to Follica's treatment, which when used with Minoxidil will heighten levels of PGE2 and then FGF9 which may cause regrowth.

Check this video as well (ignore the PRP shit):

Using combination therapy with Dr. Thomas Barnes, http:/www.drthomasbarnes.com 949 719 9700, Newport Beach, CA, men can grow hair again with PRP growth facto...

You can use photobucket.com or tinypic.com to post photos of progress.

Comment

• sosa56
        • Jul 2013

Interesting, thanks alot for posting those videos, that's really helpful. I know this isnt the right place to post this but since you seem to be online hellouser, what is your response to the point of view that regardless of all of these other treatments in the pipeline (histogen etc.) couldn't the ultimate solution for nearly everyone be to wait until CB-03-01 comes out and then get a hair transplant and then just maintain the results using CB?

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by sosa56
          Interesting, thanks alot for posting those videos, that's really helpful. I know this isnt the right place to post this but since you seem to be online hellouser, what is your response to the point of view that regardless of all of these other treatments in the pipeline (histogen etc.) couldn't the ultimate solution for nearly everyone be to wait until CB-03-01 comes out and then get a hair transplant and then just maintain the results using CB?
          I have a feeling CB is just finasteride on steroids... literally, as CB is a steroid, lol. The benefit is that its supposed to be 4X as effective without a drop in libido or the risk of erectile dysfunction. However, I don't believe at all that CB will create new hair follicles, but rather improve density and perhaps work a little around the hairline with miniaturized hairs. Bald spots, I'm almost certain, will remain as bald spots. I don't even think replicel, histogen or aderans could do anything about bald spots. Thats where either Jahoda, Lauster, Tsuji labs or the IBN team in Singapore... or perhaps a combination of Replicel/Histogen plus a hair transplant. There's also Follica which is apparently working on a wounding device to use with FGF9 to regenerate hair follicles, though that is the whole point of the dermarolling experiment, a cheap mans versions of Follica. Let's hope it works. Perhaps we could have some success with minox + wounding + pge2 + pgd2 inhibitors + dht inhibitors.

We should all try and maintain regardless, CB is the most promising though.

I suppose if CB does work for everyone and does regrow or at least maintain, then yes its possible that a hair transplant with CB could be a good solution where some men have had success with FUE/FUT and Finasteride while maintaining their results. Although its still a risk.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Something to think about:

In one embodiment, the present invention provides a method for generating an HF in a scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region of a subject, comprising the steps of: (a) disrupting an epidermis of the scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region; and (b) contacting the scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region with minoxidil, thereby generating an HF in a scalp, eyebrow, or scarred region of a subject.
            From Cotsarelis' paper found at:

The present invention provides methods of treating baldness in a subject and generating new hair follicles, comprising epidermal disruption and administration of a compound that promotes a differentiation of an uncommitted epidermal cell into a hair follicle cell. The present invention also provides methods for hair removal and inducing hair pigmentation.

Comment

• the_dude78
              • May 2011

What type of dermaroller is recommended for this? There are some with 540 needles and some with only 192 where the needles are not as tightly spaced. Any suggestions?

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
                What type of dermaroller is recommended for this? There are some with 540 needles and some with only 192 where the needles are not as tightly spaced. Any suggestions?
                I think its all the same. 192 needles will basically mean you'd have to roll more. I'd go with the 540 needles to make sure you don't miss any spots.

Comment

• Hal0
                  • Jul 2013

Hi, i bought a 1 mm Dermaroller, this caliber is enough or i require to have the 1.5mm? Thank you

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Hal0
                    Hi, i bought a 1 mm Dermaroller, this caliber is enough or i require to have the 1.5mm? Thank you
                    Use at least 1.5mm, 2mm if you can. Follicles are quite deep underneath the skin. No pain, no gain!

Comment

• Pentarou
                      • Apr 2013

Regular derma-rolling isn't going to cause scarring of the scalp tissue, is it?

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                        Women and men use it for acne, wrinkles, etc. already. I haven't heard of reported scarring so we should be fine.

Comment

• greatjob!
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
                          It is actually being used as a treatment for scarring, so I would think that is not an issue

Comment

• PrettyFly83
                            • Jul 2013

Hi All

First post here but long time reader.I added derma rolling to my regime about two months ago and without being overly optimistic I feel I'm getting some significant regrowth.

Quick facts, age 30, NW5 going on 6. Regime has been nothing until 3 months ago when I decided to try get some hair back before I left it too long. Started loosing at 21, NW4 at around 25 and shaved my hair No.0 since. Started Minox 3 months ago, added derma rolling 1 month in, hoping to get increased absorption. Added Vita C and MSM around same time. Been sticking to it since. Never done Finasteride but have and am still seriously considering.

Biggest plus for all reading this is that Ive been taking pics fairly frequently so maybe people can add their opinion on my presumed regrowth or not....hopefully the pic has uploaded
                            Attached Files

Comment

• PrettyFly83
                              • Jul 2013

some more zoomed in shots...didnt realize they get down scaled so much...
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Can you maybe upload the pictures ? Use http://tinypic.com/ for example.
                                At first glance your results look very good but it's hard to tell because of the cropped pictures.

Comment

Working...