Dr. Cotsarelis New Discovery that may finally cure Baldness (June 3rd, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Assemblage23
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by szn
    only thing i want to know is: when will this come to market and how much will it cost?
    this is the only thing you wont know at this point we are only mentally masturbating. When a cure is actually coming expect it to make BIG WAVES even before a price is discussed, try to picture how Merck, Kirkland and HT clinics are gonna panic big time. None of them is panicking or making moves to plan a disparition of their buisness at this point so let me tell you no cure is coming in the near future based on that fact alone. Believe me Merck and HT clinics are the people to actually watch when they start packing their shit will be the time to imagine yourself with a full head of stable hair.

Comment

• Thinning87
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Assemblage23
      this is the only thing you wont know at this point we are only mentally masturbating. When a cure is actually coming expect it to make BIG WAVES even before a price is discussed, try to picture how Merck, Kirkland and HT clinics are gonna panic big time. None of them is panicking or making moves to plan a disparition of their buisness at this point so let me tell you no cure is coming in the near future based on that fact alone. Believe me Merck and HT clinics are the people to actually watch when they start packing their shit will be the time to imagine yourself with a full head of stable hair.
      Nah dude I don't believe the conspiracy-to-make-more-money-story. Simply because it's implicitly based on the idea (without proof) that Merck and all other large pharma is making more money now than it would if a cure were released. That is not true: only 7% of all baldies are willing to take the currently available meds.

Whoever finds a cure is going to get 95%.

Comment

• Assemblage23
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Thinning87
        Nah dude I don't believe the conspiracy-to-make-more-money-story. Simply because it's implicitly based on the idea (without proof) that Merck and all other large pharma is making more money now than it would if a cure were released. That is not true: only 7% of all baldies are willing to take the currently available meds.

Whoever finds a cure is going to get 95%.
        I never mentioned a conspiracy. Just said that if a cure was realistically coming up it would have a big impact on the hair loss industry. Spencer doesnt even mention it in his podcasts.

Comment

• ar50
          • May 2013

Hey guys,

Im pretty new on this forum. I followed this forum for a long time and Im impressed by all the knowledge.

Im 22 years old and I suffer hairloss for 3/4 years now( since 3/4 years it became visible for me) It really changed my life and I dont have the courage to approach girls and I never go out.

Now I read all this exciting news. I really need this because I am really depressed by my hair loss. I wanted to know a few things:

Do you guys thins that Follica has already had human trails and that they are keeping it secret? And what if they already had human trails? How long do you guys think it will take them to finish the treatment?

I posted a pic of my hairline: could someone tell me which norwood I am? and would menoxidil help me keep my hair till Dr Cotsarelis have finished his thing?

Im sorry if I sound dumb and ignorant and my questions are stupid. I have no medical background in contrary to you guys. I really hope someone can help me with clear information. I means a lot to me.

Thanks guys
          Attached Files

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Not many members have any medical background.

Your questions aren't dumb, no question is. They're fairly typical, actually. Questions not asked for fear of inadequacy is dumb.

Your hair loss really isn't that bad. Looks like you're a diffuse thinner; it's tough to discern Norwood level with diffuse thinners, as they don't have typical crown and temporal recession.

Have you considered any treatments?

Cheers.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

Diffuse thinners probably respond the absolute best, out of all forms of hair loss, to minoxidil and finasteride.

But I'm still against the changing of hormones chemically and rogaine just seems like a PITA.

Comment

• ar50
                • May 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
                Not many members have any medical background.

Your questions aren't dumb, no question is. They're fairly typical, actually. Questions not asked for fear of inadequacy is dumb.

Your hair loss really isn't that bad. Looks like you're a diffuse thinner; it's tough to discern Norwood level with diffuse thinners, as they don't have typical crown and temporal recession.

Have you considered any treatments?

Cheers.

Hey man

Thanks a lot! I dont know a lot so all the
                Info i get is welcome! I wanted to use propecia
                But the side effects scared me. I am thinking about
                Menoxidil. What i want is to keep this hair and hopefully
                Of the follica thing comes quick, i would use that.
                I was rooting for Histogen but that didnt turned out to be that
                Great after all. What medicine would you recommend?
                And maybe off topic but why do the ht doctors only use the back of the head
                As donor area? Are the sides not good to use?

Thanks again for the info

Ar

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ar50
                  I wanted to use propecia
                  But the side effects scared me.
                  Up to you brah. Probably worth trying it and seeing how you react; not everyone gets sides.

I am thinking about Menoxidil. What i want is to keep this hair and hopefully Of the follica thing comes quick, i would use that.
                  Minoxidil is a growth stimulant. Propecia is a DHT blocker. They work differently, as you can imagine, and by differing mechanism.

Minoxidil might encourage hair growth, while Propecia might help you keep retain your hair. An anti-androgen (aa)(DHT blocker) and growth stimulant will often work in a synergistic manner.

I was rooting for Histogen but that didnt turned out to be that Great after all. What medicine would you recommend?
                  Don't wait for Histogen; it's likely too far off.

Minoxidil is fine to start with as a growth stim, as it has a lessened incidence of sides, but you must use it continually and consistently, forever really.

I would try to get on a DHT blocker. This is more tricky, and you must use your best discretion concerning legitimacy, and sides. For this I would recommend either Propecia, RU, or Keratene.

Again, this is my opinion.

And maybe off topic but why do the ht doctors only use the back of the head As donor area? Are the sides not good to use?
                  That's a good question; I've literally no idea.

Comment

• ar50
                    • May 2013

Hmm good points. I am very afraid that my penis will stop working
                    If that happens than I should probably become a monk or stop chasing women.

I was disappointed in histogen man that ruines my week.
                    Till i read about dr cotsarelis.

What do you think about follica.

Keratene sounds good man i think i will research your recommendations

Thanks bro bless you

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

No worries.

Word to the wise, and you'll learn this in time, don't become too easily swayed by hair loss news. Good or bad, remain level headed.

If it comes, it will come. And you'll know.

Cheers.

Comment

• garethbale
                        • Apr 2012

Hey ar50

Get on SOME form of DHT blocker if you can. For diffuse thinners I think they respond best to treatments. Propecia is probably the most potent but you have to decide if you want to go for it. An alternative is saw palmetto tablets which you can purchase at any pharmacy.

Rogaine extra strength is a good growth stimulant and I think works best on diffuse thinners BUT you may shed hair first which is always a concern.

As clandestine says, DON'T take the opinions of people (including me :-)) too seriously here when it comes to treatments like Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, Follica as we are all speculating and none of us have insider information. They are some way off though so I would advise to monitor them but do not obsess over when they will come to fruition.

One other thing, have you tried a concealer such as caboki or toppik? For people with thin hair it can work wonders in hiding hair loss (completely hid my recession for a good while a few years back). They are very cheap and easy and convenient to apply, and they can be undetectable.

Cheers mate and good luck!

Comment

• KO1
                          • Jan 2012

go to www.twinshairloss.com

I can point you to numerous studies that show the incidence of side effects is pretty low, plus you can read the 10 year study that shows that finasteride is effective for a long time, and not 5 years as the idiot broscientists say.

These medications are great when you already have a lot of hair, and if you have the typical response, you may not need any of these "Cutting edge" treatments.

Comment

• Thinning87
                            • Dec 2012

suggestion: try starting out with lower doses and slowly increase it to as much as you can tolerate it. I went straight to once a day last year, had temporary side effects, saw how much worse my hair got so got back on it not too long afterwards and have been taking it every other day - so far no side effects and seems to be working as I see the early induced shed - at some point I'll increase to as much as my body can take

Comment

• ar50
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by garethbale
                              Hey ar50

Get on SOME form of DHT blocker if you can. For diffuse thinners I think they respond best to treatments. Propecia is probably the most potent but you have to decide if you want to go for it. An alternative is saw palmetto tablets which you can purchase at any pharmacy.

Rogaine extra strength is a good growth stimulant and I think works best on diffuse thinners BUT you may shed hair first which is always a concern.

As clandestine says, DON'T take the opinions of people (including me :-)) too seriously here when it comes to treatments like Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, Follica as we are all speculating and none of us have insider information. They are some way off though so I would advise to monitor them but do not obsess over when they will come to fruition.

One other thing, have you tried a concealer such as caboki or toppik? For people with thin hair it can work wonders in hiding hair loss (completely hid my recession for a good while a few years back). They are very cheap and easy and convenient to apply, and they can be undetectable.

Cheers mate and good luck!

Hey garethbale,

thanks for the info. I heard about saw palmetto I should do more research about it. I dont know if you saw my hairline at my previous post but i would like to have your opinion about it.

Yeaah man i understand i should actually be patient but i have suffered from depression since my hair loss became visible. I dont take pictures of my self and I dont have the courage to approach females. And when I read this forum it makes me happy for a few hours each day. I dont feel sad and I really like that feeling..

Comment

• ar50
                                • May 2013

Hey Thinning87

thank you for the info. I am reading a lot about the pro's and con's. In holland we have a famous doctor called Boersma who prescribed this to a lot of people, also women. It turned out that few of them became infertile. I also read a lot about people who say that the side effects are temporary. But the fear keeps me from using it. You know if the side effect was that i would lose weight, gain weight, feel dizzy of have a headache, I would do it. But my penis pretty important to me hehe. I respect your opinion brother and thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...