Big Replicel News!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WINGER
    • Feb 2013

This is very good and promising news. All the negative users please dont spoil this forum with your un-useful doubt like always. Its really starting to get on my tits, you deserve to be bold. Idiots.

Comment

• WINGER
      • Feb 2013

Replicel would always come out on top, the scientific team behind them is unreal.

Comment

• MackJames
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Thinning87
        Slow down with the optimism Des

They have milestones in place and will get awarded much much more than $4 Million if they can meet them.

It's no coincidence that they got just enough to stay afloat for some time while doing phase 2.

I think they may have simply been able to convince the Japanese that the phase 2 results will be much better if they can optimize the product.

Shiseido probably figure it's worth a try and invested an initial sum of money which is nothing to them, in exchange of a licensing agreement which if pahse 2 will go well will be worth billions.

This doesn't necessarily mean that Replicel have something more concrete for sure, but we well know they really think they do and think they can prove much better results in phase 2. Someone here on some threads was explaining to us they initially did some testing on mice and that went really well, and then they learned there were some particular things that make it a lot harder to grow hair in human they had not accounted for in phase 1, but still though they could overcome these difficulties.

We'll have to see what happens, but definitely it's good that Replicel is a more serious prospect than it was a few months ago!
        This seems to be the best analysis of the situation.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
          • Aug 2012

Let's hope this is the beggining of something good!!! Fingers crossed

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

Let's be serious, I see nothing to get excited about. Replicel still has not revealed to the public how they're going to maintain trichogenic capabilities of DP cells in vitro, which rapidly dissipate after one passage. They have not demonstrated how they're going to negate the fact that DP cells migrate OUT of the HF bulb during MPB. Nor have we seen any analysis from them how they're going to address the problem of a progenitor cell deficit. Their whole operation runs on the distinction of DSC cells from DP and DS cells, a distinction that nobody else recognizes, and comes across as very unsophisticated - "hey lets multiply some DP cells and hope it works out!".

But of course we have resident trolls here like UK, who I doubt understands a word of what I wrote above, maybe he can run off to Replicel and beg to be included in their clinical trial.

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by KO1
              But of course we have resident trolls here like UK, who I doubt understands a word of what I wrote above, maybe he can run off to Replicel and beg to be included in their clinical trial.
              You're new here and are already insulting senior members ? And that 'Look at me how cool I am and how much I know" doesnt make you look any good either. Maybe you should call Shiseido and tell them how dumb they are for investing money in Replicel if you know better than them, LOL.

Comment

• bigentries
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by KO1
                Let's be serious, I see nothing to get excited about. Replicel still has not revealed to the public how they're going to maintain trichogenic capabilities of DP cells in vitro, which rapidly dissipate after one passage. They have not demonstrated how they're going to negate the fact that DP cells migrate OUT of the HF bulb during MPB. Nor have we seen any analysis from them how they're going to address the problem of a progenitor cell deficit. Their whole operation runs on the distinction of DSC cells from DP and DS cells, a distinction that nobody else recognizes, and comes across as very unsophisticated - "hey lets multiply some DP cells and hope it works out!".

Well, I think it is an exciting news concerning the company, not the product. You are right in the sense that this doesn't mean their product works right now.
                The good thing is that they have milestones set up, so they need to find results if they want to keep the money flowing

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                  You're new here and are already insulting senior members ? And that 'Look at me how cool I am and how much I know" doesnt make you look any good either. Maybe you should call Shiseido and tell them how dumb they are for investing money in Replicel if you know better than them, LOL.
                  Arashi, you're widely regarded as an annoying troll on every other forum. Yet you've managed to let that high post count fool you into thinking you have some type of authority...

As for "senior members", an idiot with a thousand posts, is still an idiot.

Comment

• KO1
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                    Well, I think it is an exciting news concerning the company, not the product. You are right in the sense that this doesn't mean their product works right now.
                    The good thing is that they have milestones set up, so they need to find results if they want to keep the money flowing
                    That's a fair point, in that regard it does look good. My concern is that it doesn't look much like an ownership stake, but more like an "option" if the project pays off. In any case, from an investment perspective, the more funds that go in, the better!

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by KO1
                      Arashi, you're widely regarded as an annoying troll on every other forum. Yet you've managed to let that high post count fool you into thinking you have some type of authority...

As for "senior members", an idiot with a thousand posts, is still an idiot.
                      Ah, you must be "KO" from HS right ? One of the biggest trolls & idiots I've ever seen on these forums. Why don't you go back to HS and 'discuss' all your crazy dumbass theories with the other nutcases there like Hairman2 and JarJarbinx, eh. Nobody wants you here.

And as far as trolling, LOL, I always wondered what somebody like you thinks of himself.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

I'm with Arashi on this one. Don't come to the forum and start insulting senior members. We have no room for your negativity and bullshit assumptions here.

Comment

• WillhasWill
                          • Mar 2012

The timing of this news is interesting. If 12 month results were in a month or so back then these would have definitely been used in negotiations with Shiseido. The deal may have been based on the 12 month findings. So even though the public do not know these results yet I'm assuming they're quite positive.

I hope they release them to the public soon and the delay is due to this collaboration.

One of the biggest points of this thread so far, for some reason, is the possible price. I don't know why this is a concern at such an early stage but I wouldn't worry too much about price. The success of the next genuine and successful hair loss treatment will be most profitable when economies of scale are taken advantage of. The market is incredibly large for a low invasive, simple and extremely effective treatment. They will not want to price people out by charging five figure sums.

Hair loss sufferers using forums like these are not the majority. There are many more hairloss sufferers out their who are not willing to sacrifice so much money, time and energy on the sub standard options available to us at the moment. When that golden treatment is released one day that the masses will use it will be very affordable.

Comment

• KO1
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                            I'm with Arashi on this one. Don't come to the forum and start insulting senior members. We have no room for your negativity and bullshit assumptions here.
                            Why don't you tell me what my "bullshit assumptions" are? I don't expect a response.

In any case, your "senior member" buddy (wow a Senior Member!) started the "insulting" comments, so I'm more than happy to return the favor to this worthless fool with an overinflated ego.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by KO1
                              Why don't you tell me what my "bullshit assumptions" are? I don't expect a response.

In any case, your "senior member" buddy (wow a Senior Member!) started the "insulting" comments, so I'm more than happy to return the favor to this worthless fool with an overinflated ego.
                              bullshit assumptions:

1.replicel is nothing to get excited over

2. Arashi doesn't understand what you are saying

3. I wouldn't respond to your post.

But hey, keep talking crap on the hair loss forums man..if that is what you need to do to make you feel good about yourself than that it is sad...but all the power to you...just take that shit back to HS

Comment

• KO1
                                • Jan 2012

I made four points against Replicel, why don't you answer them? As I said, I don't expect a response.

I repeat, Arashi really doesn't know what he's talking about, he trolls all over the HL forums, but keep sucking up to your "Senior Members" (wow!).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even Iron Man agrees with my points about Replicel.

Comment

Working...