2 Hair Transplants at 18

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnd3344
    • May 2010

my doctor has me thinking all my upper non transplanted hair will fall out because once follicles are dead you cant do anything.

Comment

• Winston
      • Mar 2009

That’s not necessarily true. Even though you began to lose hair at a young age, many men hold on to what they have for years taking Propecia. After reading your post, I think you really need to give Propecia a fair shot to see how well you respond. I’m surprised your doctor advised you to take it only 1 time per week. I’m also surprised that he performed two surgeries only 6 months a part. There is an IAHRS surgeon in Brazil www.iahrs.org you should contact him and have an online consultation to see where you stand. DO NOT have another surgery for a very long time if ever! You’re shocked out hair can grow back but you need to be on medication.
      One more thing, hair follicles do not die, they shrink and produce smaller hair but at your age they can be revived under the right circumstances with early treatment.

Comment

• jnd3344
        • May 2010

will those 2500 aproximate grats taking off from my back make a big difference? I was going to do another one in a month or so in my front and i would have been done for atleast a decade before i ever have to worry for another one, i want my front to look ok you know

Comment

• jnd3344
          • May 2010

should i do another one for a month and then stop for now? im going to college in the fall and i cant tell you how this hair loss has affected me throughout high school, i wouldnt survive this throughout college

Comment

• Winston
            • Mar 2009

I know that your anxious and desperate, but you have to take a breath and try to listen to reason. We are telling you this for your own good. You should see a reputable hair transplant surgeon for a consultation before you have another surgery from the same doctor. It does not seem like your hair transplant surgeon had your best interest in mind when he performed your two surgeries.

Comment

• Vanzzzz
              • May 2010

You look like you are heading for NW7 to be honest. I feel that you should really hold off any future surgery. First picture looked promising but your crown is seriously affected and using up too much donor now may have future implications for you when you feel the need to transplant hair to your crown.

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

jnd3344,

It is great to see that you have received alot of good, sound advice. Hope you are doing better.
                "Gillenator"
                Independent Patient Advocate
                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...