Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardDawkins
    Inactive
    • Jan 2011

I think if done properly plucking hairs can also benefit a NW7 person.

Comment

• HairTalk
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
      I think if done properly plucking hairs can also benefit a NW7 person.
      If you say this in response to my comment, I certainly do think if plucking works well for someone with more hair, it will work as well for someone with less. I simply don't know that the method — if it cannot produce a truly infinite supply of donor hairs — will be able to bring a Norwood 7 back to the appearance of someone with no balding, whatever, whereas it may be able to do this for, say, a Norwood 4.

Comment

• Sith
        • Jul 2011

What would be the cost per graft for this technique as compared to FUT and FUE?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
          • Apr 2011

So, is there conclusive evidence now that 1) Plucked hairs are replaced by new ones. 2) Plucked hairs can be used for transplantation with a good survival rate ? Also, if this is proven to be a viable procedure, does any one know when it's going to be available ?

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
            So, is there conclusive evidence now that 1) Plucked hairs are replaced by new ones. 2) Plucked hairs can be used for transplantation with a good survival rate ? Also, if this is proven to be a viable procedure, does any one know when it's going to be available ?
            I'd like to know if the plucked hairs are actually full terminal hairs also, I read back in 2006 that plucked hairs can be transplanted but they were not full terminal hairs because although when a hair is plucked it maintains key components of the regeneration process, the real 'meat' of what you need to regenerate a full follicle remains in donor.

Comment

Working...