Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samiam
    • Apr 2011

List of possible cures and solutions

Ok, so we know there is a lot of research being done for hair loss. We also know that there has been a lot of new "cutting edge" treatments. Lets make a list on this thread of all the possible cures,solutions, and treatments and discuss which one will most likely be the best in terms of effectiveness and release.
  • RichardDawkins
    Inactive
    • Jan 2011

Ari : could be good

Histogen : could be good

Follica :could be good

Replicell : i dont know but generally not in favor

-------

Acell/plucking : good but tideous and inconsistent

Acell/FUE multiplication : good but not well developed and results are not consistent

Gho : may work in theory but so far no results which can be considered WOW

-----------

TRX2 : Nope definitely crap

QRX687 : I dont know maybe

Acell/PRP : pretty much useless in terms of hair regrowth

I dont know there are numerous asian researchers i guess

Comment

• Samiam
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
      Weren't we suposed to see the Phase 2 trial results by now??

Comment

• Flowers
        • Feb 2011

I'm sorry but what exactly is plucking?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
          Ari : could be good

Follica :could be good

Replicell : i dont know but generally not in favor

-------

Acell/plucking : good but tideous and inconsistent

Acell/FUE multiplication : good but not well developed and results are not consistent

Gho : may work in theory but so far no results which can be considered WOW

-----------

TRX2 : Nope definitely crap

QRX687 : I dont know maybe

Acell/PRP : pretty much useless in terms of hair regrowth

I dont know there are numerous asian researchers i guess

Ari (Aderans) would be the one in terms of new treatments in the pipeline. Histogen maybe but I'm not sold on it yet.

I now think Acell/PRP will do very little by injection and as such is an easy cash cow for some of the docs (****in' dickheads ).

Acell plucking seems like it may be a useful adjunct when you need more hair for the crown provided they can prove that the plucked hair when transplanted is donor dominant and does not form a hybrid of the donor and recipient area where it may succumb to DHT. Acell and FUE sounds exciting but I haven't seen anyone back up Dr. Cole's figures so I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Thinning@30
            • Mar 2010

I would add Allergan's Bimatoprost and CB 03 01 to this list. These wouldn't be cures since they're topicals that would have to be applied daily to maintain results, but they have shown promise in clinical trials.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Samiam
              Weren't we suposed to see the Phase 2 trial results by now??
              They only started recruiting at the start of June how the hell are we supposed to see results yet?

Comment

• Samiam
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                They only started recruiting at the start of June how the hell are we supposed to see results yet?
                I thought somebody said they would have the results available mid 2011, my mistake. Why are you so hostile are they employing you or something? lmao

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                  Inactive
                  • Jan 2011

Even if i dont like UK_s tone overall i have to say i would have answered the same, because people always ask the same question. I mean when someone present the first results from Histogen with the grown hairs, there were user who after a few postings asked

"When can we see the first results"

And i was like " No wonder that some butchers can still sell Flaps these days"

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

I'd also add Berlin Tech to that list.

...And Greco's Orogen (utilisation follicular scaffolds) as a stand-alone strengthening agent for PRP, could lead to a better PRP style growth factor complex that wouldn't need FDA approval.

I personally wouldn't bother adding bimatoprost, it's far more expensive and has only shown to match the results of minoxidil, fair play if you havn't responded to minox yet but a better treatment is exactly that, one that can exceed the performance of current FDA approved treatments, bimatoprost has failed so far in this respect.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to flesh out that post Richard Dawkins and get this thread stickied. Could edit it with info as we go, such as timelines or links to results of protocols. Would be nice to have a little summary of all the possible treatments on the horizon.

Comment

• Samiam
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                        Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea to flesh out that post Richard Dawkins and get this thread stickied. Could edit it with info as we go, such as timelines or links to results of protocols. Would be nice to have a little summary of all the possible treatments on the horizon.
                        That's why I made this thread in the first place, I don't get on here often and I figured it would be easier for people to come to one thread and see all the latest advancements and progress.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by Samiam
                          That's why I made this thread in the first place, I don't get on here often and I figured it would be easier for people to come to one thread and see all the latest advancements and progress.
                          Agreed. Let's get this stickied. Great idea to have in all in the one place. Would be nice to edit that post on the first page so we don't have to trawl through pages and pages for updates.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                            Inactive
                            • Jan 2011

ok hold on i copy mine from hair site, i started the same thing there

Here it is

I though we should at least gather all the (to us) known companies who are involved with the process of Hair Multiplication etc, just for information reasons and for newbies to look them up on a regulare basis.

ARI (Aderans Research)

Method:
                            " state-of-the-art cell engineering techniques. doctors will remove a small amount of tissue. Hair-forming cells will be extracted and allowed to multiply under controlled lab conditions (in vitro). After enough new cells have formed, they will be injected into the scalp."

Follica:

Method:
                            "Damage skin to induce hair neogenesis and enhance this effect with manipulating essential key signaling pathways.

Histogen:
                            Histogen Contact Information Address: 231 Market Place, Suite 373, San Ramon, CA 94583 Email: ir@histogen.com Phone: (858) 526-3100

Method:
                            "culturing of essential gowth factors etc in an embryonic-like environment"

TrichoScience

Method:
                            "rejuvenation of follicles" sold assetts

--------------------------------------------------------
                            PRP solutions

PRP only
                            Wont work on a large scale because its lacking essential cells and factors

PRP/Acell combination
                            Will only work to a small extend because of the lack of essentiall cells and factors (slightly better then PRP only)

PRP/stemcell combination
                            Will work better but the signaling pathways have to be included or otherwise this will be slightly better then PRP/Acell

PRP/stemcell/growth factor combination
                            Could be a right step in a right direction. Only downside you have to hit on dormant follicles and minituarized ones to get them back cosmetically significant (This is not a 30 minutes procedure

----------------------------------------------------------
                            Plucking Treatements

Plucking only
                            Works but the effort is tremendous, not every plucked hair (not follicle) is useful for transplantation here. Easy math, for maybe 10 useful plucked hairs you have to pluck 50 or so

Plucking hairs dipped in Acell
                            This can be beneficial to plucked hairs, if their stem cell enriched tissue is smaller then it has to be for the hair to be transplanted. Easy math; now you can gain maybe 15 to 20 hairs useful for transplantation out of those plucked 50.

Autocloning due plucking
                            Can be working, but i think that those auto cloned hairs resulted only because of donor dominance of those plucked hairs, the plucked hair was maybe accidentally implanted in an area where you had a two hair follicle before and then it gave away their donor dominance. This is not consistent

---------------------------------------------------------------
                            Surgical routes

HST
                            May work in theory but nobody is capable of working with this the way we want to. A follicle is not fully extracted, its more like losen up in your head (in vivo) where a significant part of the follicle is kept left in your donor area to regenerate. So far no fully restoration proved even this has been performed for 6 years or more now and Gho claims to have used it on over 1200 patients so far

FUE (minimal depth approach)
                            Hair regeneration can sometimes occur during a FUE session, when minimal depth approaches are mistakenly done by the surgeon. Problem here, its not consistent and till today nobody really looked into it. There were cases from turkey where someone got around 30 regrowth of the donor area and couldnt explain it. My theories : minimal depth and the correct and good "damage" of the follicle

FUE/Acell
                            Here we can say, that Acell only accelerates the healing and regneration process we witness under normal circumstances as well. Acell is more likely to be and device which improves the chances for regeneration in the donor area. Acell is aplied after FUE procedure. Downsides here, Acell is useless if you dont approach with minimal depth extraction, you have to left an amount of the follicle in the donor area or otherwise the only thing you see will be no depigmentation at best

--------------------------------------
                            Feel free to add stuff

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

Thanks for the above listing, very informative

Comment

Working...