Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Diffuse thinning? or normal?

I've posted pictures of my hair before, and i've been told that people don't see any signs of hair loss.

I have "fine" hair, and with my hair standing up on the top, I can see my scalp easy. Here are some pictures of my head with direct sunlight.

Now, you can't tell me this is normal :/

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

My hair does lay flat on the sides, so it appears darker.. but when I shaved my head last year, it still seemed darker.. So i'm pretty sure I have diffuse thinning :*(

Should I switch to Avodart instead of Propecia that I've been on for 4 yrs now?

I can't deal with this hair being so thin, if it were normal I'd be ok with it.. but if it's due to MPB... I want to fix it the best I can.
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

You have more hair than some people who are not even suffering from MPB. What do you want to look like Pauly D? Lol jk.

Man honestly I don't see where you're thinning, maybe just a little bit in the crown? I am not sure.

Where exactly do you feel you're thinning the most?

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

The crown.. if I were to tilt my head towards the light, you could see scalp even on the sides, like I said I have fine hair

But because I have a patch of thicker hair near the frontal area, I'm worried about diffuse thinning.. My ex wife tells me my hair is even all around.. but with the right angles, you can see the difference in some areas..

I dont know, maybe it;s just me.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

It could also appear thinner because I had a little product in my hair.. arg :{ idk.

Comment

• mothernature
          • Mar 2011

ur not losing hair. Looks great to me i would never think u were balding.

Comment

• mattj
            Doctor Representative
            • Oct 2009

Straight hair can let a lot of light through to the scalp, especially in areas where it grows straight out. It's impossible to say for sure that you haven't lost any hair or that you won't lose some/more in the future, but the last thing you should be doing is worrying about what it looks like now.
            I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• CVAZBAR
              • Dec 2010

Yeah you're balding straight down the middle. Go switch to avodart, get some prp and a hair transplant. Go NOW! I think this Is what you want to hear.

Comment

• mothernature
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                Yeah you're balding straight down the middle. Go switch to avodart, get some prp and a hair transplant. Go NOW! I think this Is what you want to hear.
                i agree.. at this rate he will be a NW6 in a few weeks.. this is clearly one of the most aggressive MPB cases this board has seen. Even meds may be too late for you now

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mothernature
                  i agree.. at this rate he will be a NW6 in a few weeks.. this is clearly one of the most aggressive MPB cases this board has seen. Even meds may be too late for you now
                  This is a joke and it's not even funny. Shit like this gets you mad at times.

Comment

• mattj
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Oct 2009

Even though BoSox probably has no hairloss whatsoever, it's understandable that he would be worried after suspecting he might have lost some. He knows as well as we do that very minor loss that nobody can notice can progress to something genuinely concerning. Wanting to catch it early is a positive thing. So many guys just live in denial for a while.
                    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

I didn't mean to upset anybody. Every case is different, I just wanted to get other people's perspective and know for sure what I'm seeing is what I'm seeing. Sorry.

Comment

Working...