Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chadaug1969
    • Dec 2017

Finasteride and Minoxidil ?

I have been on Finasteride since April 1. I have days now with no shedding and still see minor shedding, which I think is normal. I am 48 years old. I feel like my hair overall has gotten thicker. I am still think in the crown and haven’t seen any new growth but I do feel like it has stopped falling out. I am curious if there is a benefit to use Minoxidil on top of Finasteride? I opted not to do this earlier, but I wanted to know if there was progress what was helping. Curious if anyone has any input on this?
  • Notgivingup2
    • Aug 2016

Hey buddy, the general vibe on the forums has always been that minoxidil and fin used synergistically gives the best results.
    Fin to block DHT, Minox to prolong the growth phase and grow new strong hairs.
    Although it doesn't work for everyone, these two together have always been considered the go-to options when using a systemic and topical combination.

Just beware, Minox will most likely cause another shed.

Comment

• k9gatton
      • Oct 2016

Do both of them. There's so much density recovered when both are used, versus just one.

Finasteride will give you permanent results either way, but it's best to do everything you can, while you
      can get your hair back.

Comment

Working...