Is there any evidence that the type 1 5ar enzyme contributes to androgenic hair loss

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y gwningen llwyd
    • Mar 2015

Is there any evidence that the type 1 5ar enzyme contributes to androgenic hair loss

Hello. My first post here, but I'm a frequent poster on ***.

Is there any evidence that the type 1 5ar enzyme plays a role in hair loss? I remember reading somewhere that this enzyme is indeed present in the hair follicles, but in lower amounts than the type 2 enzyme.

What is the general consensus on the significance of this enzyme in hair loss? Is the reason why Dut is more effective than Fin mainly because of its more complete 5ar2 inhibition, or mainly because of its additional partial 5ar1 inhibition?
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

No I dont think it really does. Fin inhibits type 2 imperfectly like 70 percent or something so your not stopping all of the resulting DHT by a long shot even with it. Dut I think inhibits it more near 100 percent so Dut is better mainly because it inhibits more of that type 2 enzyme. The role of type 1 is minor I think but might still have a small effect who really knows. I think merck though tried a type 1 inhibitor at some point and it didnt work that well

Comment

Working...