Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • white crown
    • Jan 2015

Scar reduction

Hi. I am a new member but have been following threads for a while now. FUT HTs. My results are alright but I’m concerned about the scar. One in some places the scar is about 1/4” wide which I figure is the best I can hope for. What bothers me is an area that it is about 3/8” wide or more. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the size of this scar?
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by white crown
    Hi. I am a new member but have been following threads for a while now. FUT HTs. My results are alright but I’m concerned about the scar. One in some places the scar is about 1/4” wide which I figure is the best I can hope for. What bothers me is an area that it is about 3/8” wide or more. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the size of this scar?
    Dr. Cole repairs strip scars on a regular basis. Sometimes a scar revision is successful in decreasing the area in need of grafts. Some patients opt for FUE only into their scar, while others get a combination of FUE and SMP.

Can you post photos?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

Working...