Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VZ_24
    • Nov 2009

Question about Grafted Hair Falling Out

Hi everyone, I'm about six weeks post op and as expected, some of the graft hairs are falling out. Leave me to be paranoid, but some of the 'shedding' hair has what appears to be little tails, like a normal hair with a frizzled looking end. Is this normal? Thanks for the help!
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VZ_24
    Hi everyone, I'm about six weeks post op and as expected, some of the graft hairs are falling out. Leave me to be paranoid, but some of the 'shedding' hair has what appears to be little tails, like a normal hair with a frizzled looking end. Is this normal? Thanks for the help!
    Hi there VZ_24,

Oh you're doing just fine and right on target! How many grafts did you have and did you have strip or FUE?

Congrats and wish you well on your re-growth which will blow your mind!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• VZ_24
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for the reply Gillenator; I had about 3600 grafts from a strip procedure placed in the front half of my scalp to supplement the pretty thin hair density. This community has been great to me, steered me away from the chain HT shops towards a respected practice. Very excited for the results to start showing here in a few months!

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

You are most likely just having a little delayed shedding. This is relatively common and should not be a cause for major concern. Just be patient and you will start seeing some growth and improvement in the next couple of months.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Dec 2008

Dr. Charles is right on with his advice. Relax, enjoy the holidays, and look forward to growth next spring.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
          William Lindsey, MD
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VZ_24
            Thanks for the reply Gillenator; I had about 3600 grafts from a strip procedure placed in the front half of my scalp to supplement the pretty thin hair density. This community has been great to me, steered me away from the chain HT shops towards a respected practice. Very excited for the results to start showing here in a few months!
            Good for you VZ _24 and very happy for you. Wow, 3600 grafts is gong to look awesome and can't wait to see your results!
            "Gillenator"
            Independent Patient Advocate
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...