Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JZA70
    • May 2014

Are we at another 5 year standstill ?

All the news from WCHR is nice but all I heard was more time, more time and more time.

No one can figure out how to culture dermal papilla cells while maintaining full inductivity. Who knows how long this could take, tomorrow, maybe five decades.

Roland Lauster is doing whatever with the bioreactor. They're in the dark too and could take who knows how long, not to mention, if they don't plan to commercialize their technology/treatment in Japan, then we're screwed.

Nothing from Tsuji Lab. Don't know what they're up to.

So what happens now ? Are we back on the 5 year thing again ?
  • joachim
    • May 2014

it's worse. we're on a 10 year timeframe now.

Comment

• nameless
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by joachim
      I think I perhaps see a chance for us to get effective treatment soon but it would require a whole new attitude and frame of mind to make that happen if it can even be done at all.

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by joachim
        Yeah I kinda agree. Just two years ago, we were so hopeful ! Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, but also experiments with hair doubling, it all seemed we could almost touch the day we would have our hair back. And now ... Hope for all those commercial companies is gone, hair doubling turned out to be a lie and while researchers have made good progress, nobody is near cloning hair just yet... It's quite sad.

Comment

• Swooping
          • May 2014

Originally posted by Arashi
          Yeah I kinda agree. Just two years ago, we were so hopeful ! Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, but also experiments with hair doubling, it all seemed we could almost touch the day we would have our hair back. And now ... Hope for all those commercial companies is gone, hair doubling turned out to be a lie and while researchers have made good progress, nobody is near cloning hair just yet... It's quite sad.
          So true. I would keep it at 15+ years though. I got some hope that a therapeutic drug will be discovered by accident, but that's all there is. Would be a miracle too. Ahh well at least we got minoxidil LOL.

Comment

• Arashi
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
            So true. I would keep it at 15+ years though. I got some hope that a therapeutic drug will be discovered by accident, but that's all there is. Would be a miracle too. Ahh well at least we got minoxidil LOL.
            Agreed, our only hope is a discovery/breakthrough by accident ... Otherwise 10-15 years or maybe even (much) longer ...

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Another 10-15 years of public humiliation and being pegged as a bottom feeder of society all thanks to a lack of hair.

Awesome life to look forward to.

Comment

• Gremlin142
                • May 2014

What about Allergan?

I know, I know there are going to be some tough days ahead, I am 25 now and started losing my hair when I was 17. I take minoxidil, saw palmetto, proscar, minoxidil 5% and a complex b vitamin every day of my life. I still have some hair left but unfortunately it seems like its getting less and less every year. That being said, Allergan - an enormous pharmaceutical company is in stage 2 of testing bimatoprost for the scalp. Although they delayed the phase 3, they are still moving forward with phase 2b to the best of my knowledge. This is hope, as the free market pushes these companies to achieve something. All we can do now is just keep eating healthy, exercise and try to enjoy your life while you still have it.

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

If youre talking general cure, it was never close so it's not something I worry about, that stuff is easily years away.

However in terms of viable alternatives and stuff we can add to improve our hairloss, we're closer than ever before. In fact I dont even understand the negativity here, when I first joined this forum about 2 years ago or so the future looked extremely bleak, we'd go 3-4 months without a shred of news and everything seemed extremely distant except maybe Histogen(replicel and many other were in phase I or werent even discussed), I remember thinking to myself "wow if fin doesnt work I have no other options to look forward too"

this year alone we're getting news almost every week, it's small things, but things are definitely moving forward with certain companies.

It seems clear that CB or BIM will be the first drug in almost 20 years to get approved for hairloss, both are backed by large wealthy companies and both have alternative uses that have already been approved(bim for eyelashes) or are about to be approved(CB for acne)

BIM ends Phase IIb in November, less than 5 months away(results in January 2015), we'll know if it's getting released soon after that. CB is going to be fast-tracked and wont have two phase II's like BIM due to it's high safety profile i'd assume, so it's also fairly close.

are these cures? Not at all, but even stacking CB with fin for an agressive sufferer or further adding BIM on top of that could vastly improve ones situation, not NW5 to NW1, but NW4 to NW3 kind of thing etc. .

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                    If youre talking general cure, it was never close so it's not something I worry about, that stuff is easily years away.

However in terms of viable alternatives and stuff we can add to improve our hairloss, we're closer than ever before.

It seems clear that CB or BIM will be the first drug in almost 20 years to get approved for hairloss, both are backed by large wealthy companies and both have alternative uses that have already been approved(bim for eyelashes) or are about to be approved(CB for acne)

are these cures? Not at all, but even stacking CB with fin for an agressive sufferer or further adding BIM on top of that could vastly improve ones situation, not NW5 to NW1, but NW4 to NW3 kind of thing etc. .
                    You could block DHT completely and you'll still plateau.

I'm looking forward to Replicel now..... and a miserable life.

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                      You could block DHT completely and you'll still plateau.

I'm looking forward to Replicel now..... and a miserable life.
                      "RepliCel's RCH-01 Phase II dose-ranging trial of approximately 120 subjects is targeted for the first half of 2014 and will run through 2015. The trial will be conducted in Germany."

That's getting closer as well, could release after Phase II in europe I believe.

CB and BIM are still solid additions and alternatives to add to a regime, BIM causes growth, albeit we'll have to wait for results which will be coming soon!

All i'm saying is the near-future solutions look much more positive than they did a couple years ago! there's no doubt in my mind we're at least getting a new product on the market within 3 years.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

You're guy's pessimistic attitudes are the first thing that needs to change.

1. Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus will allow for, at minimum, better graft survival and a greater size of donor area harvest, possible regeneration, and maybe even harvesting of more body hair.

2. We just got great news about CB, it's already 6 months into phase II.

3. More doctors are using PRP and are getting results with it, and the formulas are being improved on.

4. More doctors are finding that laser light therapy may actually have some great worth, I know there are clinical studies being done on laser hats in the next year, so we will see some results from those.

5. Hasson and Wong is prescribing topical fin that is yet to have produced side effects in any of their patients, and their results are similar to oral fin.

6. Repicel has had everything going there way and are moving forward with major investors.

7. dermarolling, if done correctly (you shouldn't be bleeding) will enhance minox results

8. researches are getting really close to a full blown cure

9. Dr. Cole and team is experimenting with Aminofix that is supposed to be garnering better results in hair regeneration than ACell.

10. We will know BIM results in the next 6 months and they may be going into phase III.

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                          You're guy's pessimistic attitudes are the first thing that needs to change.
                          Solid post, just go look at my post history and look at the old threads I made where I listed the known future treatments back in 2012-early 2013, the only viable treatments seemed to be Histogen, everything else was in Pre-clinical/phase I or was an afterthought(I think I had CB as an honourable mention, hardly anyone talked about it)

We will know if BIM and CB are coming to the market if they are approved for Phase III, that hasnt happened since propecia in 1997, but we literally have not gotten this close with a drug since then, with the exception of Histogen(lack of Funding) and Aderans(had bad results for 10 years). Both Bim and CB are backed by ALOT of funding, add in Replicel as well(theyre jsut about a year behind CB and BIM).

add on to that as these two drugs can help to tide us over, the research will continue to improve(research discoveries dont get worse guys, they'll only figure out more of the puzzle as time passes).

a lot to be positive about this year in terms of alternatives and options for the near future!

Just kind of wanted to gather all these future treatments in one thread. There seems to be around 5-10 quality products being researched right now but not all of them seem to be working. Which do you think will work and when do you think it will launch? Histogen- Currently in Phase II, almost 1 year results coming in

that's my thread from June 2012, I was way off with BIM's release and forgot to mention CB but largely it was basically Histogen and nothing else, hardly any news about upcoming research was around at the time, very little theories were talked about etc.

Within a year after that thread was posted the theories of PGD2 were discovered, FGF9, CB started trials, BIM started IIB, the whole taiwan trial thing was discovered, much more info came from Desmond going to the korean conference etc, so much has happened since then, we are much closer than people think.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

your* guys'* hahaha that's when I know I've had too long of a day...

but yeah, honestly it could be another 10 years before we see a cure..but in the meantime we are for sure going to have better treatments and maybe even a surgical cure (regeneration) that will help many. We are far better off at this point in time than anyone has ever been. Spence said it before, guys who are 21, 22...you're going to have this taken care of by the time you are in your thirties...life is going to go on, and hair loss won't be a factor anymore. We are in a good position.

Comment

• thechamp
                              • Jan 2011

What about s equol supplement it's looking promising it blocks dht why are people not exited about this could be like a year away ?

Comment

Working...