X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RNSN
    • Sep 2012

Receding on right side only - 19 yrs old

Hey guys,

I have lost a noticeable amount of hair on the right side of my scalp so i am assuming it is a sign of MPD. Is it normal that I'm only receding on one side? It's really annoying and difficult to style, not sure what to do with my hair its starting to affect my self-esteem and confidence. For some reason I notice everyones hairlines now, I am obsessing over something that is natural and inevitable right?

The crazy thing is I've only ever noticed a change in my hair this past year (18 yrs to 19 yrs old).
    Please provide me with any advice or insight on how to cope with this I'm still in college and I feel as if it's beginning to affect my confidence.

Here are some photos of my situation:
    Attached Files
  • konfusion
    • May 2012

sometimes one side recedes earlier than the other and the other side catches up so you might want to see a doctor to confirm if this is MPB and get on medication. of course medication is no warranty that your hairline will be kept as it is today, you may experience further receding, for ex my hairline continued to recede slowly over the 6 years on medication but I think the result would be worse if I hadn't taken any thing.

Comment

Working...